Auto Defeat on EA MP Edoras BFME1

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Rebel5555

Rebel5555
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 02:25 AM

I've been trying to fix EA's MP Edoras (from EA's mappack for BFME1) for a few days now. Every time I think I got it fixed I start playing the map as the team that defends Edoras and about 4 seconds after starting I get defeated. Has anyone been able to fix this or can point me to a fixed version of it? I'm tired of the experience of the Agony of Da Feet, pun intended :wink_new:

Thanks in advance.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way
George S. Patton

Posted Image

#2 Rebel5555

Rebel5555
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 03:04 AM

I've noticed while comparing MP Edoras to MP Isengard The Base (pink) pyramid is different. In the map mp Isengard the Base (pink) pyramid is located dead center of the tower and is called "BASE". In the map mp Edoras the Base (pink) pyramid is located away from the Golden Hall and is called "Edoras". Could this be what is causing this?
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
George S. Patton

Posted Image

#3 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 30 January 2009 - 10:37 AM

Is this the map I uploaded to the T3A site? If so, then yes it is broken XD though I may have fixed it, I can't remember, I need to check.
Posted Image

#4 Rebel5555

Rebel5555
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

Is this the map I uploaded to the T3A site? If so, then yes it is broken XD though I may have fixed it, I can't remember, I need to check.

Yes and No. I tried using the map you uploaded but that didn't work, then I tried the one from the ea map pack that I got from BFME Files that didn't work either.
George S. Patton

Posted Image

#5 Guest_ant_*

Guest_ant_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2010 - 08:42 AM

I've noticed while comparing MP Edoras to MP Isengard The Base (pink) pyramid is different. In the map mp Isengard the Base (pink) pyramid is located dead center of the tower and is called "BASE". In the map mp Edoras the Base (pink) pyramid is located away from the Golden Hall and is called "Edoras". Could this be what is causing this?

hi

i have made a new map but wen try 2 paly it i get auto defeated. can u help? if u can email me at keara1@live.com.au
thx

#6 DeeZire

DeeZire
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:02 PM

You have to open the map in WorldBuilder and replace the RohanCastleKeep object with RohanCampKeep and make sure the BaseCenterGeneric object is placed in exactly the same spot as the RohanCampKeep. That will fix it.

#7 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:58 AM

(Even though this topic is almost 2 years old ;)..)

The RohanCastleKeep object should work fine, as the current object is actually EdorasGoldenHall or something like that. And i don't think placing the BASE object in exactly the same spot matters, as long as it's close. I fixed Edoras for TDH, so i suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea for m@tt to reupload the fixed version.

Posted Image Posted Image

#8 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

after another two years i have to ask if you (_haldir_) or m@tt reupload a function version of this map cause i cant find it anywhere and if you do can you please post a link and if you dont can you do it and post a link? and when you said you fixed it for TDH im assuming you didnt change it to be playable only with TDH right? Thank you for answer

#9 _Haldir_

_Haldir_

Mapper

• Project Team
  • 1,203 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds, The Elven Alliance: Community Edition
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 17 August 2012 - 05:29 AM

Yeah it's still playable without TDH, i just haven't uploaded the fixed version anywhere other than as part of the TDH mod. I suppose i could make a new download for it, seeing as i can't edit matt's download page.

Posted Image Posted Image

#10 Lucifer1793

Lucifer1793
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 02:36 AM

Sorry for random necropost... But does anyone have a fixed version of this map for bfme1? Tried to fix myself (moving the pink pyramid, etc) but despite my best efforts i can't work out what's wrong with it Thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users