• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 11:53 PM

erm i just discovered this. it appears to be another gundam mod.
http://empireatwar.f..._Update_1;41378

could be good.

Edited by Re4_wesker, 04 February 2009 - 11:54 PM.

#2 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 05 February 2009 - 05:27 AM

It's not really new, it's Ghostly Substance's Gundam Invasion mod just renamed. He got a new modeller recently so he decided to step up the PR or something.

I'm a purist, I don't like that he's going to add his own original side, but whatever, his mod his rules.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#3 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:16 PM

i see. this is the first time ive heard of it. its kinda nice that they are gonna have a zeon and federation based gundam mod. although adding an extra team could really mess up the story (kinda like how the zann consortium messed up the sw story). oh well just gotta wait and see. could be fun to play.

#4 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 09:16 PM

i see. this is the first time ive heard of it. its kinda nice that they are gonna have a zeon and federation based gundam mod. although adding an extra team could really mess up the story (kinda like how the zann consortium messed up the sw story). oh well just gotta wait and see. could be fun to play.

edit: wtf? i somehow double posted.....

Edited by Re4_wesker, 05 February 2009 - 09:17 PM.

#5 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 08 February 2009 - 03:37 PM

Zaan consortium is now canon. So we just have to accept it.

I find that something's wrong with the SW factions still being in there...
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#6 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:10 PM

Zaan consortium is now canon. So we just have to accept it.

I find that something's wrong with the SW factions still being in there...

u wouldnt happen to have a link that verifies that the consortium is canon now? im preparing for a epic "noooooooooooooooooo!!!"

#7 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 02:21 AM

There is an actual reference to tyber in the clone wars animation.

Other than that, he is a hero in the star wars role-playing game and has some references in the novels, though novels are only semi-canon.

2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"

#8 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 05:55 AM

what i have heard is that tyber is canon but the consortium he forms is not canon.

#9 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:22 PM

Not really. Tyber and the Zaan Consortium both are both canon. But what you probably heard is not that he consortium didnt exist, it just didnt exist as a powerful galactic faction.

The consortium's power levels are probably very similar to the hutt empire. Big in the outer rim, but otherwise not significant. At one time, talon karrde said that after the clone wars, there was a big push to combine and create powerful criminal organistations. Karrde ended-up with one of the better ones, and the consortium is probably one of the biggest and better ones. No explanation is given to why the consortium is greatly reduced later on though.

Quite likely, nothing that happened in the zaan campaign in the game really happened, except...1: tyber did infiltrate the eclipse and steal the empire's money and data, and 2: siri did use the holocron to enter the tomb. At first i also thought that the encounter with thrawn happened too, except that i realise that at that point in time, thrawn would not be in known space. Some people argue that he fought zaan when he came back to crush corellia's back sun branch, but the dates dont add up. In my opinion at least, thrawn's far smarter than the game made him out to be.

#10 GhostlySubstance

GhostlySubstance
  • Project Team
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 05:58 AM

It's not really new, it's Ghostly Substance's Gundam Invasion mod just renamed. He got a new modeller recently so he decided to step up the PR or something.

I'm a purist, I don't like that he's going to add his own original side, but whatever, his mod his rules.

Understandable to those that just want Gundam bu Is it really that bad?

edit: *gets taken off-guard by his avatar and signature*

Edited by GhostlySubstance, 21 February 2009 - 05:59 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

hmmmm well i guess that makes sense. so zann consortium did exist its just they were weaker. hmmmm and yes i agree thrawn shoulda been quite a bit better in that game. He shoulda been one of those enemies that would show up every now and then that would take all of your skills and ships to defeat. he was way too easy to beat whenever i ran into him.

the sith tomb though seems to really clash with the star wars universe though. is there an explanation to this as well?

as for this mod i actually am intereted in it ghostly. As for your new side i'll just have to wait and see what its like. good luck. also if u need any help with mapping later on i will be happy to give u a hand. i got a few mods i gotta finish up right now though first.

#12 GhostlySubstance

GhostlySubstance
  • Project Team
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:56 AM

as for this mod i actually am intereted in it ghostly. As for your new side i'll just have to wait and see what its like. good luck. also if u need any help with mapping later on i will be happy to give u a hand. i got a few mods i gotta finish up right now though first.

Will keep that in mind, thanks for the offer :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

About the sith tomb...i dont see why not. The old republic era and sith empire era is rife with hundreds of untold sith machinations. Anything with the name sith tacked on can fit just about anywhere. Its literally millennia of untold history

#14 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:25 PM

About the sith tomb...i dont see why not. The old republic era and sith empire era is rife with hundreds of untold sith machinations. Anything with the name sith tacked on can fit just about anywhere. Its literally millennia of untold history

It's not its existence that doesnt fit in. Its the time it was discovered. As far as i can remember none of the star wars books/novels later on mention anything about a sith tomb. therefore the only assumption i can come up with is that silri never let them out.

#15 GhostlySubstance

GhostlySubstance
  • Project Team
  • 70 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 04:38 AM

Anybody have a 2+ sided view on this ship?

http://www.mahq.net/...aze/pegasus.htm

Since its from a PS2 game I can't find much about it. Its from the PS2 game "Gundam: Encounters in Space" which lets you use the RX-78-05 while protecting 04 doing light patrol attacks.

The least the damn people could do is do something like the MS Igloo 1 & 2 sites do, show a front and back.

Edited by GhostlySubstance, 03 March 2009 - 04:45 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

As a general rule for the expanded universe, things that are revealed in time periods before the current one (namely, roughly 50+ years after RotJ) are assumed to have already occured and resolved, without massive impact on the main storyline. Unless its a very long-term one, like thrawn, seeing as there is a possibility that he will come back as a clone. Again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users