Rushing AI

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hamburg100

hamburg100
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:09 AM

hi, does anyone know how to make the ai rushing? i changed the "difficultCheats" in the skirmishaidata so that the ai builds 99% faster and for free. with these settings they attack immediately with all force - the only problem is, that they don`t attack in about 10 of 11 games and even if they do, they stop attacking after i have defeated the first wave. i had it only one time, that they attacked constantly. I`m still using the see mod and i only have this problem in fortresses like helms deep. guess there is somewhere a line in the skirmishaidata that says: all units attack! but it says right now: be defensive! i tried changing "chancetouseallunitsfordefensivetarget" and "chanceforoffensivetactic" but it didn`t worked...hope you can help me.

#2 Sûlherokhh

Sûlherokhh

Sagacious Engineer

• Project Team
  • 3,754 posts
  • Projects:S.E.E., Sage A.I., Code Advisor
  •  'Axe'er of the Gordic Knot

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:33 AM

Yes i do, the answer is rather complex and has to do with the priorities that the AI builds stuff (units, upgrades, structures) as well as the length of the phases (1, 2 and 3) and the amount of structures contained in a complete base, which is tied closely to the cash flow (income/expenditures). I will go to great length explaining all of that in the forthcoming update on my tutorial - In-depth AI Coding
For now, reduce all priorities and the phase lengths by half, open up the base file of the faction with WorldBuilder, reduce the amount of structures contained by at least 1/3 and also reduce their inherent priorities by half. That may help you out. It can still happen that the AI builds ONLY heroes. Best you compare the S.E.E. numbers with the vanilla values. You will also note that EA only created very small (read: rush-) bases.

bannerreal01mittelit3.jpg
Axed Head and A.I. Coder for S.E.E. and ... stuff

".. coding is basically boring. What's fun is finding out how things work, take them apart and then put them together in ways that were not intended nor even conceived."

#3 hamburg100

hamburg100
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:50 PM

ok thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users