Development

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 09 February 2009 - 03:37 AM

We've got SVN working yesterday and now we are trully working on it (since the Global Game Jam). We do not need a staff forum for this project, that, so far is only myself and NeoStrider working on it. So, this topic should be enough to discuss development.

My Task: Work on the 2.x version for XNA (windows)
NeoStrider's Task: Convert it to Java ME

The first thing I've done is a AdvRandom class, because the Random number generator from XNA is the worse random generate I've seen in ages. I mean, 80%+ of the times it gets 0.

The thing is that with this new random, I had several unlimmited loops on the CreateMap function. So, NeoStrider, do not be surprised if you experience this issue as well. Next time I'll try to figure out what's causing this problem.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#2 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 11 February 2009 - 03:44 AM

The CreateMap issue was tracked at the declaration of SectionMatrix. I've confused lines with columns there. That caused an unlimmited loop when inserting smaller walls at the sections that had the big walls.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users