Photo

Seriously is pokemon still that big?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Seriously is pokemon still that big?

Have you started playing Pokémon again since you first read this thread?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:55 PM

Xatu was a bit... generic IMO. :cool2: I usually tried to get Alakazam, but Kadabra had to be traded of course... I think I just liked his voice in the TV series. :p Who else... I always liked Wheezing as well, but they were hard to train.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:08 PM

Machamp was always a good crack. And the dragon pokemon whooped ass...Gyarados anyone?
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#23 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 12 February 2009 - 10:33 PM

Dragonite was cooler IMO. :cool2: Or Dragonair looked cool transparent.

Now I feel like playing Crystal again... I think partly what made it great was that you got to fight Ash/Red in the mountain at the end. That was a good battle, though maybe easier than the Elite Four.

Posted Image

#24 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 13 February 2009 - 06:54 PM

Or Dragonair looked cool transparent.

I preferred him, to the large fat Dragonite. And Kadabra was cool. I just liked the totem-pole reminiscient Xatu.

Listen to us!! :p

#25 MadHQ

MadHQ

Killer of all things!

• Project Team
  • 1,435 posts
  • Projects:Kinky Spam bath's!
  •  This is the blue text!

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:33 PM

Im dumbstruck!
Zomba Productions - Click here!
Posted Image

#26 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 14 February 2009 - 12:04 AM

Just because you're the only one who can't admit he still loves games he used to play as a kid.
C'mon Mad, we're smarter than that. Do you really think we don't know of your nightly Barbie sessions? :p

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#27 MadHQ

MadHQ

Killer of all things!

• Project Team
  • 1,435 posts
  • Projects:Kinky Spam bath's!
  •  This is the blue text!

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:08 AM

HEY!!! No talking about Tina! She was always naked and did every thing I wanted... Almost. :p

But, Yes I did play Pokemon when I was younger only the blue version for GBP. I'm just shocked that it still is in interest to people...
Zomba Productions - Click here!
Posted Image

#28 Caspa

Caspa

title available

• Members
  • 938 posts
  •  Shine On, Lurk Moar

Posted 14 February 2009 - 02:17 AM

Back when I was still in school I was literally addicted to pokémon. Five days out of seven were comprised of; wake up, 6 hours of school, eat, 9 hours of pokémon (blue, red or yellow), sleep. That was IT for about 5 months. Oh the memories :p My only biggest hatred about that game was not being able to attack and kill other trainers with my pokémon.
Hostile is a cunt.

Thought I'd have that here to save time.

#29 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:56 AM

See, i missed the pokemon(and yugiioh) card and game craze when i was younger.
sure, i watched the shows, but that was it.

I think i only ever bought one small pack of pokemon cards (one of those ones with only a couple of cards, not enough to play with on their own)
I got a few shiny ones from that pack ('ho ho' if i remember right, that bird one that came out with the 'second generation' pokemons).

I also borrowed Sapphire from my cousin at one point, it was pretty fun. I ended up getting given free Pokemon cards and Yugiioh cards at some point, but never got to use them as no body ever played(pokemon and yugiioh were 'lame' by then)

So i never really got a chance to use them. Then when i went to high school i found that the 'nerds' in the library were playing pokemon cards, and games. After a while i got over myself and joined in for a while. It was pretty fun too, it would have been cool to be able to have played when everyone use to back when they were 'cool', but i got my chance in the library, then quickly stopped before i got officially branded as a nerd and made fun off.

So i saw what i missed out on, but after a while got bored with it. I dont know how the nerds keep playing it, year after year, they go through cycles, gameboys, pokemon cards, yugiioh cards, then back to gameboys again. Although, i haven't been back there for quite a while, so maybe they have new things to do now.

Anyway, back on topic:
Pokemon has just kept getting worse and worse, as they try to milk it for everything its got, this is just another attempt to squeeze some more blood from this stone.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#30 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 17 February 2009 - 02:03 AM

My Silver's got about 275 wasted hours on it; I occasionally pick it up (as in, once every six months or so) to see whether I can get closer to all 250 pokemon on it. I'm pretty sure I've gotten every one I can get without buying Gold. I've got 236--I traded prolifically when it was still cool to do so, although there's no way I'd bring it to high school to find other pokemon lovers :shiftee:

Posted Image

#31 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:14 AM

wow my silvers got about 400 wasted hours on it and my yellow has 150 hours on it. i never really liked the new ones.
but as for my favorites probably turtwig
Posted Image
and meganium.
Posted Image

@SWG:
no SWG at our school it went
pokemon cards- tarzo things- crazybones- Digimons- beyblades- DBZ tarzo's- Yu-Gi-Oh Cards and then i think yoyo's then digimons again.

@Olli
why would anyone like garados it was flying/air type (i feel sad knowing that) one thunder attack and it died.

Edited by segwayrulz, 18 February 2009 - 08:18 AM.

#32 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:32 PM

I never had it as a kid, but I do have Pearl, and completed the national pokedex in around 170 hours or so. My girlfriend is playing Diamond right now.

#33 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:52 PM

@Olli
why would anyone like garados it was flying/air type (i feel sad knowing that) one thunder attack and it died.

Um... It evolved from Magicarp? I don't know if you remember but magicarp was about as useful as a guide dog with no legs. It did nothing. No damage what so ever. It took so much work to get it evolved into the powerful 2nd stage evolution. Gyarados was really powerful, it had a lot of hp and high attack power and defence and it could learn almost anything. You could teach it water, ice, dragon, energy and electric attacks (and more). It kicked ass.
Posted Image
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

#34 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:24 PM

It really did. Gyarados was a fucking brilliant pokemon, although it was admittedly very weak against a decent electric attack. That's where a Jolteon came in very handy against the Elite Four. My Jolteon was insanely powerful by the end. Hey, here's an idea: if we can all remember, why don't we list our top six pokemon from back in the day? What was your team? To prove how not gay this is, I'll go first. ;)

Charizard, Jolteon, Gyarados, Arcanine, Gengar, Golem.

Who's next?
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#35 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:26 PM

Blue Era:

Raichu, Sandslash, whatever Bellsprout evolves into at its top pier, Articuno, Blastoise, Ditto.

None of that Eevee crap for me.

Silver Era:

Ho-Oh, Articuno (traded over), Ampharos (with Quick Claw because it's way too slow), Tyranitar, Red Gyarados, Mewtwo (traded from Blue).

And correction, apparently I only have 223 pokemon. Goddamn it! I'm missing Ninetails (easy fix, I'll trade it from blue), Vileplume (I'll trade it over), Mankey/Primeape (can't get those on either Silver or blue), Dodrio (need to evolve my Doduo), Dewgong (need to evolve my Seel), Electrode (need to evolove my Voltorb), Weezing (need to evolve my Koffing), Rhydon, Horsea/Seadra/Kingdra, Staryu/Starmie, Mew, Feraligator and its two previous forms, Marill/Azumarill, Umbreon (but I've got Espeon), #202 (don't know what it is), Teddiursa/whatever it evolves into, Phanphy (need to get an egg from Donphan-Ditto), and Raiku/Entei (these ones piss me off SO much! Seriously, if there's only going to be one of them, at least you should be able to walk up to it like the other Legendaries).

@ Vort--Charizard is crap. You can take him out with anything--Rock, Water, Electric, Ice...Although using Ice against him is a little risky. You've got to make sure you can one-hit him before he uses fire on you.

Edited by Ravnin IV, 18 February 2009 - 04:28 PM.

Posted Image

#36 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:12 PM

Hmm...

Yellow:
Pikachu
Pidgeot
Tentacruel
Weezing
Kabutops
Raticate

Crystal:
Meganium
Alakazam
Gyarados
Muk
Golduck
Machamp

Posted Image

#37 ambershee

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks

• Hosted
  • 3,114 posts
  • Projects:Mutator Week & Unreal 3 Projects
  •  Mad Mod Boffin

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:46 PM

Pearl: Arceus, Darkrai, Celebi, Mew, Mewtwo, Spiritomb.

Yeah, it's a bit OTT on the legendary.

Edited by ambershee, 18 February 2009 - 05:47 PM.

#38 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:50 PM

In my blue/red era I had different sets of really powerful pokemon that I would mix and match. But my favorite team went along the lines of;

Blastoise
Victrebell
Dugtrio
Magmar
Hypno
Mewtwo

I would sometimes swap Mewtwo for onw of the legendary birds or so, but that was my prefered team of ownage.
Posted Image

#39 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:05 PM

Red:
Cloyster
Ninetails
Kadabra
Magneton
Haunter
Seadra

Crystal:
Dragonair
Charizard
Jolteon
Umbreon
Xatu
Cloyster

Sapphire:
Ninetails
Absol
Kadabra
Magneton
Banette
Swampert

I can remember my favourite for Red, though can't find the cartridge...

Edited by Puppeteer, 18 February 2009 - 10:07 PM.

#40 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:36 PM

I believe it went something like this (Yellow)
Scyther
Arcanaine
Charizard
Pikachu
Blastoise
Alakazam

The first two on the list would be traded out fairly often. But I think that was my last set before I stopped.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users