Added Turrets don't fire.. and more

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Burninator!

Burninator!
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:36 PM

Greetings. I just recently got back into EAW and FOC. Been working with CPL0311 lately on some modding stuff.

I am expiramenting on Phoenix Rising 1.1.1 By the way...

After installing the import/export .alo for 3ds 9, I have been able to change the skins for models, and add hardpoints. Here's the thing though, I understand that certain items such as shields, collision mesh, stealth, shadow model, engines, etc have specific settings in the alamo tool. I set the shields, collision, stealth, and shadow models all to hidden, and have the collision and shields set to collision "enabled".

What I need to know is there a reference to which materials and parts of the ship require which tags? I have the engine effects set as hidden, but now the on and off effects have disappeared etc...

Secondly, I added 2 more hardpoints to the ISD IV as a test, and gave them the octouple turbolasers. I made the two hardpoints named 15 and 16. Then, I opened the hardpoints_space.xml and cloned two of the imp_ii_OTL guns based on which sides of the hull they were on, renamed them, and changed their attach points to the two new hardpoints i made. I then added these new hardpoints under the ISD IV in the ISD's XML....

So, booted up a battle, and sure enough, there were my new guns! SSOOOO they were facing the right directions at rest, okay.. but were pointed a bit downward..... and worst of all, they wouldn't fire at anything.

So now I have 2 more turrets... but the ship is not using them. Anyone have some helpful insight here? I propose that we start building a database for some of these particulars of modeling, hardpoints, etc, as all the tutorial site that are linked in the sticky are well, dead.... all of them....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users