• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Productions
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:29 PM

i dont get why you have to install steam if you just want to play half life 2
i would be playing it now if it wasnt for that shitty program you cant aviod installing while installing hl2
plus if you are on 56k and just want to play hl2 your forced to donwload the css updates

Your not forced to download updates.

You can disable the option to keep games automaticly up to date.

but you will have to update CSS if you decide to play it..

Posted Image

Posted Image

#42 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:27 PM

Yeah, that's what he's getting at. When I just had CS, I had to wait a couple of hours before I could play it, as it needed to download a 300 MB update and at home we still had dialup. Now had they just made patches I could have downloaded it via my laptop at uni. CS was installed on my home computer, the laptop doesn't have wonderful specs.

#43 Komataguri

Komataguri

¯\(º_o)/¯

• Banned
  • 974 posts
  • Projects:Tiberium Productions
  •  Reverend K-Rist, Sheppard of the mindless masses and tender to the flock of idiocy.

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:35 PM

Yeah, that's what he's getting at. When I just had CS, I had to wait a couple of hours before I could play it, as it needed to download a 300 MB update and at home we still had dialup. Now had they just made patches I could have downloaded it via my laptop at uni. CS was installed on my home computer, the laptop doesn't have wonderful specs.

No, hes bitching that he has auto-update on, and that it downloads CSS updates when he just wants to play HL2

According to his post he has no interest in playing CSS, which is why he is bitchy about it being updated, and he has failed to notice he can disable auto-updates.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#44 Athena

Athena

Embody the Truth

• Undead
  • 6,946 posts
  •  Former Community Leader

Posted 14 April 2006 - 09:54 PM

Hmm I thought he mentioned a different story at some point in time to me, but yeah, luckily you can disable the auto-update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users