C&C Divisions Reform

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:08 PM

Hello everyone.

Basically, I'm here to inform you all of some provisional changes to the three Command & Conquer divisions in Revora - CnC Guild, CNC3.net and CNCRA3.net.

Now, granted, I'm understating it a little. The idea is to unify the three divisions under one banner within Revora, rather than three separate sites and communities. The current division staff teams will be combined into one to manage the new merged division, which will handle all C&C related activities.

Of course, while this will bring obvious changes to the forum structure, the sites will also change. Provisionally, we hope to use the three sites as frontends to one common database, based on 2playgames' article system, which is already in use on T3A and CNC3.net.

Discussion on this idea is already taking place at higher levels among the division admins. But we understand this is a pretty major change to the status quo here at Revora, so any ideas or feedback you, the members, have would be very welcome. Use this topic to post any of that, please.

We have no timetable for these changes at present, so please give us all the feedback you can before we get to work.

Thanks.

Nighthawk.
C&C3 Division Leader.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#2 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:41 PM

Will any changes be made to SDI?

#3 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 21 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

SDI tutorials should be featured at the Guild, along with a couple of other dead resource sites around here.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#4 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

Will all 3 sites (guild, cnc3.net ra3.net) have the same content, but different news and side menus displayed? Or will 2 sites get closed?

Edited by Detail, 21 February 2009 - 08:43 PM.

#5 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 21 February 2009 - 09:07 PM

At first we will certainly have the former. What happens in the long run is hard to say, but IMO it should be the goal to unite it under only one banner.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#6 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:28 PM

I'm surprised nobody posted any suggestion so far.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#7 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:11 PM

Perhaps not enough people have actually noticed this topic exists. A front page news announcement might be an idea...

#8 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 25 February 2009 - 03:13 PM

^ That was me.

Apologies, I appear to have forgotten to click the large Log In button.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#9 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

I'm surprised nobody posted any suggestion so far.

Suggestions about what?

I thought this topic was just stating a plan. What do you need input for?

If you'd stop pinning everything it would be alot easier to spot new topics in the Feedback forum. Peeps need to learn about eye scanning and readability.

Edited by Detail, 25 February 2009 - 06:53 PM.

#10 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:49 PM

please give us all the feedback you can before we get to work.

Well, for all we know, everyone may not like the idea. We'd rather create something that people would actually want, as opposed to something everyone is going to hate and throw things at.
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

#11 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 25 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

You've not posted about this happening on the sites affected.
Not that anything would change at first, the sites would just have a huge amount more content.

Lol, stop using the viewers as an excuse to delay work :good:

#12 Mighty BOB!

Mighty BOB!

Deranged Weasel

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 09:59 AM

Yeah I didn't know about this until it was posted on cncguild.net. To be honest, as long as each game still has its own modding section I'll be happy. :p
WOL nick: migtybob

We are living in a post-common sense society.

#13 Hostile

Hostile

Benefitting Humanity Simply by Showing Up!

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Job:Global Administrator
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:33 AM

The whole point of having seperate divisions in the forums for cnc3.net and ra3 was to highlight them. Seems time has passed and they might not be considered new games. Appears to me to be a good time to move them to the Revora landfill of CNC games (cncguild)

RA3 never really took off and cnc3 barely did. I say move them into the landfill (cncguild) catagory of old and tired or unsuccessful games.

#14 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:53 PM

You do realise though that this "landfill" currently makes for half of the people and activity at Revora? And the newer games are by far less successful than the "old and tired" ones, even now...

The Guild is great but in need of renovation. It's time we take care of that instead of ignoring it.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#15 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:15 AM

It's still a landfill of old games dude.... CnC3.net has 19,346 replies Guild has 123,580 replies and covers many games. Guild has been around a lot longer. I consider CnC3.net highly successful in comparison to the Guild.

#16 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 11:30 AM

I consider Red Alert 2 alone much more successfull than C&C3 in this network. Look at the amount of mods that were released, joined us in less than an year and even the activity of the editing forums and you'll see that RA2 beats C&C3 + RA3 here in every aspect.
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#17 Hostile

Hostile

• Veterans
  • 9,551 posts
  •  T3A Founder
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 09 March 2009 - 01:01 AM

RA2 is very successful. The mod activity is large. Much easier to mod and that has a high value.

#18 Alucard

Alucard

Divinity(s) Dark Truth

• Members
  • 442 posts
  • Projects:EsoTen Productions Presents: Command & Conquer: Centrius Destimonia
  •  Die Schwarzen Reiter

Posted 10 March 2009 - 04:02 AM

It seems that hostile just wants to his name - hostile. What you had originally said can be taken very offense to the communitiy and its "told and tired" games. RA2 may have a greater mod community but some of the mods I have seen for TS are almost good enough to be stand alone. If you want to catagorize these games into tired and used and basically pointless... lets pour Doom, Quake, Stargraft, Warcraft, Diablo, Half-Life, Resident Evil - there are so many more... hell in Korea Starcraft is practically a national sport! When you insult these games you insult all other ground breaking franchises. Every game becomes old but if there is a community for it and people like it - it will thrive and then the community is what keeps it fresh and new. Just look at star wars - with out it's community it would be dead.

Ok - On Topic -I agree with MightyBob Completely. Seperate Modding Communities are essential.
You can still have everything under one banner and still be seperated - just look at CNCNZ.com and even PPM.

Edited by Alucard, 10 March 2009 - 04:07 AM.

Posted Image Posted Image
"When you refuse to give in with all your heart, only then do you transcend your humanity" -Alucard (HellSing)
"Lick the sounds that bleed from his mouth Rip the heavens with the horns of the south" -Deathstars
And on the eighth day, god created Tiberium.

WebMinon of the CNC Dynasty

#19 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:16 PM

Well,TBH I was planning for a YR community help plan - Its rather radical...

Taking in consideration the fact that PPM has a lot of good projects,it would be interesting if we could move some of those projects here(and I don't mean small,new projects...)
That's 1
Another thing is to create a campaign like "Help CnCGuild" or something like that - Promoting people to visit both forums and gain experience from both,as well as giving experience to others.
Another one would be adding/replacing moderators for that forum:I have to say it,even if the admins there are really good guys,unfortunately they are sort of inactive.
I have to recognize it,I'm also enough inactive here.
Another thing would be - and its the most radical ideas of all above - is splitting CnC Guild from Revora.The reason why PPM succeds more is because PPM is a CnC only forum.Ofcourse it has its own spam zones,and other discussion forums,yet,its very independent.
And as people who are looking towards CnC are looking towards a more modding-only place.

Please take my ideas into consideration,

Alex--secret--Romanul--Deformat--Alex. :p

#20 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Association

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:23 PM

Now, I'm not the authority on Revora's network structure, but I'll do my best here:

Taking in consideration the fact that PPM has a lot of good projects,it would be interesting if we could move some of those projects here(and I don't mean small,new projects...)

PPM is a community of its own, we don't just move its projects. Revora is another mod hosting site, not necessarily the next rung up the ladder.

Another thing is to create a campaign like "Help CnCGuild" or something like that - Promoting people to visit both forums and gain experience from both,as well as giving experience to others.

That doesn't sound much different to normal operation. I don't really forsee something like that accomplishing much more than an increased amount of the sorts of topics members tend to ignore because the requests are that basic, or farfetched.

Another one would be adding/replacing moderators for that forum:I have to say it,even if the admins there are really good guys,unfortunately they are sort of inactive.

The staff will be shook up a bit with the three divisions merging, but I don't really see any problems with the current moderators. And the inactivity is somewhat symptomatic of a lot of Revora. Real life can't be helped.

Another thing would be - and its the most radical ideas of all above - is splitting CnC Guild from Revora.The reason why PPM succeds more is because PPM is a CnC only forum.Ofcourse it has its own spam zones,and other discussion forums,yet,its very independent.

CnC Guild used to be an independent site and forum, back in the joyous times of Origin Network. However, under Revora, I would say it has benefitted from the influence of the wider network.

And as people who are looking towards CnC are looking towards a more modding-only place.

The Guild is a modding hub, so I'm not sure what you're getting at there...
Posted Image
Posted Image

PM if interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users