• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#1 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:21 AM

Yep. I'm wondering how well a Lore-based LotR RP would go. It would be a little strict and based in the closing days of the Third Age - basically, we would form a second Fellowship, sent after the Nine Walkers to aid them in any way we can. Here are the basic rules:

No Rings of Power for character-use.
No Half-breeds (the only ones were the children of Beren and Luthien, and Tuor and Idril).
No characters of stature and power similar to Gandalf, Aragorn, movie-Legolas, Glorfindel, or Boromir. They'd be good but not legendary.. yet.
No weapons that shouldn't be here; the ranged weapon of choice is the bow, etc etc. No crossbows, cannons, etc etc.
No wizards. There were Five; not twenty.

Here's an example of the character I may be using:

Name: Annael Agarwaen.
-Biography: (will do later).
Race: Sindarin; Annael is a Grey-Elf, one that has not seen the Light of the Trees but does know of it.
Age: Annael has survived two Ages of the Sun, and is unknowingly following in the footsteps of Doom, the climactic setting of the Third and rising of Fourth.
Physical Appearance and Notable Features: "Annael is well-built for an Elf; long years hunting Orc on both sides of the Hithaelgir have gifted him that. He is noticeably tall for an Elf, and this becomes quickly apparent when needed. His face is aged with care, hale like the tried warriors of Men, but his eyes still carry the spark of light as may be found in the Quendi of the Elder Days. His hair, originally raven-black, has since evolved into snow-white, flowing in many long braids like rippling quicksilver. He wears a finely-woven tunic of dyed grey-green wool threaded in Mirkwood with short, maille sleeves forged in the Ered Luin stitched cleverly so that they may be taken off or added on when necessary. Over this goes various boiled leather armour components; greaves, bracers, and pauldrons. Over all is worn a grey, hooded cloak of unknown origin; the only defining mark is a green stone forming the clasp. He wields a long spear of patiently hand-turned ash - which doubles as a walking-stick - a stout shortbow, and axe. His gear is a well-traveled rucksack, multiple pouches on his belt, and some tinder. Annael needs no sleep."
-Height: Annael is slightly above average height for a male Elda; though this is rarely apparent.
-Weight: He is also quite fit; many long years spent hunting Orc and Wolf have given Annael a well-toned musculature. However, he is not overly bulky like some warriors of Men.
Weapons:
-Ranged: A stout shortbow used for hunting and ambush.
-Melee: Annael wields a tall spear which doubles as a walking-stick, as well as a strong single-handed axe.
Allegiance and Kingdom of Origin: Annael is loyal to the Lords of the West, and hails from Imladris, the Last Homely House.

Basically, we'd start out in Archet - a small Mannish village in Eriador - where my own character would meet up with the others. They'd go from there, trying to catch up with Strider and the Hobbits at Rivendell, all the while trying to suppress the Orcs and other Evil things stirred up by the presence of the Nazgul and rising of Shadows in the East. From there they would recuperate and plan, and then be sent off after the Fellowship of the Ring to aid them in any way they can under orders of Elrond and the Council. However, they'd always be a few steps behind - far enough away to avoid the battle in Balin's Tomb, but catching up enough to see the Dual on the Bridge. After Moria... well, you'll just have to wait and see :p

---

There are some other things I'd like to clarify, which I'll do... later. For now, though feel free to discuss and ask questions. I'll explain the bit about Evil characters, biographies, and what is and isn't allowed later on.

Edited by mike_, 27 February 2009 - 10:28 PM.

#2 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:27 AM

I'm Game :p
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 LadyRhiea

LadyRhiea

CPPB

• Project Team
  • 784 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:29 AM

*Ninjas a spot*

I'll write my app later :p Count me in!

Posted Image

I'm not smoking anything, I'm just Japanese.

You guys better hope I don't get hired by EA one day, sorry, I meant interned for very low wages

#4 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:31 AM

I'm in too.

Name: Hirlad, son of Hirluin of Annuminas
Race: Dúnedain Man
Height: 6'6
Weight: 95kg
Physical description: Hirlad is tall and broad-shouldered, with a rugged face. He has black hair to his shoulders and grey eyes. He wears a cotton shirt, a long leather tunic over that, a longer black leather duster and a cloak with a hood. His trousers are of leather and so are his boots. On his belt he carries his sword and various satchels, on his back is a bedroll and a quiver and an unstrung bow.
Short bio: Hirlad is a Dúnedain ranger, like his father was before him. When he was old enough, he was taught basic forest combat techniques and woodcraft, and became a ranger like many of the folk of Arnor in that day. Venturing through the wilds for years, he often fought alongside other rangers against Orcish invaders from the Misty Mountains, gradually turning him into a very capable warrior. However, he was always more fond of wandering all around the beautiful lands of Eriador without seeking out combat, for although he understood the importance of defending the innocent, he found little personal satisfaction or glory in battle. Hirlad visited Rivendell often, and spent many hours reading and talking with the Elves.
Allegiance and Area of Origin: Hirlad is loyal to Aragorn, chieftain of the Dúnedain, and hails from Northern Eriador.

Edited by Matias, 22 February 2009 - 02:32 AM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#5 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:32 AM

(Grabs spot too)
Hell with sticking to one place, I like this. ;)

Name: Hamath, Son of Hama ( :p LOTR TTT book and movie reference)
Race: Rohan Man
Height: 6'2
Weight: 171 lb (light and skinny, like me! ;) )
Description: Hamath is skinny, but very tall, and is very strong, especially when angered. Has a huge cut on his chest from an ax fighting incident. Has Blond hair, like most Rohan people, and is very tall with green eyes. And Is very handsome. :p
Short bio: A suberb horseman, Hamath is very good at fighting with all kinds of weaponds. Except an ax. Hence the ax cut. His skills on horseback can only be mached by the best of the Rohirrim. He once even beat an Elf in a horsefighting tournamet. Followes Thoeden in battle, until Theo's little... midlife crisis. After a while, Hamath got bored of home, and wanted adventure. Boromir came and went, and Hamath followed expecting adventure. On the way North, he ran into Devrand and Brandir and joined their part on the journey North.
Weapons: Sword, yew bow, and a horse spear. Has a horse named Shadow.

Edited by Ring of Fate, 23 February 2009 - 01:52 AM.

A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#6 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:41 AM

Posted Image
Count me in. I'll get to doing my character soon enough.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#7 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:43 AM

Woohoo. Five members already? :p

One thing.. please don't make this an Elf-fest everybody ;) do what you want, but be creative!

#8 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:45 AM

Sure :p

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#9 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:47 AM

This might turn out to be pretty damn fun.

I remember the awesomeness of the LotR RP in the old RA forums... perhaps this'll be just as good. :p

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#10 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:11 AM

I'm in... I'll post my character later. :p
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#11 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:24 AM

I call third man :p

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#12 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:26 AM

Come on, let's get some Dwarves and Hobbits.

#13 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:36 AM

Heh, do you really think you could stop me from being an elf? ;)

Anyways, I'm new to RPs, so you all will have to forgive me for any early blunders :p

Name: Mithelen
Race: Elf, mixed Noldor and Sindarian.
Height: Somewhat above average.
Weight: Don't feel like giving a number, but he's lean, so yeah. Go with it.
Physical traits/clothing: Piercing green eyes. Skin slightly darker than the norm among elves due to much time spent in the wild. Hair is dark, almost black, but not quite. Wears a simple dark green tunic-thingy over a shirt of elf-mail. Also has a slightly travel-stained cloak of the same color, rarely wears the hood. Leather vambraces finishes it off. Think something like this.
Has his old armor from the LA, but this is at Rivendell.
Bio: Will make this longer at some point, but here are the basics
Born to surviors of Gondolin and Doriath, he lived most of the Second Age in peace at Lindon. That was soon to change as The Last Alliance was formed between Gil-Galad and Elendil. Though he had training before hand, his experiance in actual combat was extremely limited. Nevertheless, he proved himself to be a capable, even skilled, warrior, becoming a Captain of the frontlinesmen by the battle at Mount Doom. There he witnessed the fall of Gil-Galad, and of the Elendil, but as hope left him, he saw Sauron ended before his eyes. However, alas, he had lost many friends upon the long road to the final battle, and finally even his Lord. Therefore, he laid down his blade. The Third Age passed him by, he was often long lost in the world of the scholar, with the sole exception as a rider under Glorfindel at the time of the Fall of Arnor. But as rumor grew of Sauron returning, he once more takes up his sword, intending to go South and lead once more against the forces of Darkness.
Weapons: Elven long sword, slightly curved. Think Haldir's. But somewhat longer, not quite as curved, and straight hilt. Long elvish hunting knife.
Allegiance and Kingdom of Origin: Formerly Gil-Galad, now follows Elrond. Lindon.

Edited by Elvenlord, 23 February 2009 - 03:25 AM.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#14 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:58 AM

Looks good to me. Still waiting on a veteran of the War of Dwarf and Orc :p

#15 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:06 AM

Of course, if you're looking for more than one LOTR-RP, you could always go here... ;)

My character is going to be from Rhun. That's all I know right now. :p
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#16 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:10 AM

Seeing as we're starting in Eriador, I look forward to you explaining that one :p

#17 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:22 AM

Name: Devrand of Ithilien
-Biography: (will do later).
Race: Man, a ranger of Gondor, Devrand spends most of his time fighting in Ithilien.
Physical Appearance and Notable Features: "Well muscled and tall, Devrand, is a man whose forefathers come from Osgiliath. He excels in stealth and is a decent shot with a bow, though he prefers his small spear. He also is good at mimicking bird calls :p"
-Height: 6'3.
-Weight: Well muscled, so pretty heavy. ~220ish.
Weapons:Long Bow, Short spear, hunting knife, and a small short sword
-Ranged: His long bow
-Melee: A short spear, and a short sword sometimes in his left hand
Allegiance and Kingdom of Origin: Devrand is loyal to the Denethor and the White City, and has a great love for his captain Faramir.

First lame attempt ;)

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#18 Hearach

Hearach

title available

• Project Team
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:46 AM

Name: Brandir
-Biography:
Race: Dunedain - Ithilien
Physical Appearance and Notable Features: Damn Swish
-Height: 6 foot
-Weight: 95kg
Weapons:
-Ranged: Yew Bow
-Melee: His Longsword, passed down from his Grandfather
Allegiance and Kingdom of Origin: Brandir does not quite trust the Steward of Gondor, but is devoted to his Captain Faramir

Edited by Hearach, 22 February 2009 - 05:05 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:37 AM

WOW no dwarves :o
I would join but I don't really RP.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#20 rjorrin28

rjorrin28

title available

• Project Team
  • 432 posts
  • Projects:WoA, Lonewolf

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:53 AM

I want in!!!

Anyways, I'm new to RPs, so you all will have to forgive me for any early blunders

That goes for me too.

Name: Tori Earthbreaker
-Biography: WIP
He was born in the blue Hills. He entered the dwarven army when he was very young as his family had all died and he didn't have anyone else to care for him. Entering the army this early made him a hardened dwarf. Hes skill with an ax is very good, and after a while he became a commander in the army. He has a rash personality and often does things without thinking. He dosn't trust other people and has no mercy for his enemies.
Race: Dwarf, from the Blue Hills
Physical Appearance and Notable Features: "Well muscled, short (duh). He is very strong."
-Height: 4'5"
-Weight: around 250
Weapons:
-Ranged: a shortbow
-Melee: a big sharp ax
Allegiance and Kingdom of Origin: A soldier who fought for Dain II in The Battle of The five Armies. Currently living in Erebor.

Edited by rjorrin28, 23 February 2009 - 04:54 AM.

Posted Image
Signature made by JEV3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users