• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#21 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 08:07 AM

I wanna play!!! Look for the character further in the topic.

Edited by Florisz, 24 February 2009 - 08:36 PM.

Posted Image

#22 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 22 February 2009 - 11:23 AM

Wow, now that's the way to go about drumming up support. Mike, you know the drill. Apply for this in the RPG Offices and we'll host you. I'd recommend putting a link straight up in your sig so these guys who normally hang out here can find it. Also, I'll happily join, as long as I know enough about LotR. I'm not quite as deep into the mythos as you lot, so I'm not entirely sure how strict you want it, but I'd love to give it a go. We had an LotR RP up a while back that failed dismally because the dude running it vanished without trace halfway through. I don't have a character yet, but my first thought was a Rohan man. It always bothered me that there were no representatives from Rohan in the original Fellowship. However, that seems to have been recommended by two others already, so I'll think of something else.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#23 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 22 February 2009 - 02:00 PM

I wanna play!!!

Name: Florisz :p

Oh, and if I am not allowed to use my name, then we have another Elf in.

Well Floris(z) is not a very Rohirric name...

And Rjorrin, you really oughta read the topic first. No crossbows.

Edited by Matias, 22 February 2009 - 02:04 PM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#24 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:43 PM

I know it isn't a Rohirrec name... But what is?
Posted Image

#25 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 03:58 PM

Well, you could look at names like Haleth, Hama, Eomer, Theoden, Theodred, Dernhelm, Elfhelm, Gamling, Eorl etc.

Or you could look at this: http://www.gaminggee.../Dithematic.htm

Mike and I want this RP to be immersive, so there will be a rather strict naming policy among other things.

#26 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

Looks interesting...

Edit: I found a good name!

Edited by Florisz, 22 February 2009 - 05:21 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 05:58 PM

Good one. :p

#28 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 22 February 2009 - 06:02 PM

Thanks! :p
Posted Image

#29 rjorrin28

rjorrin28

title available

• Project Team
  • 432 posts
  • Projects:WoA, Lonewolf

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:14 PM

And Rjorrin, you really oughta read the topic first. No crossbows.

whoops, missed that part :p
Posted Image
Signature made by JEV3

#30 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 22 February 2009 - 09:38 PM

(Waits patently for someone to be a hobbit)
(Waits patently for this to be hosted so WE CAN GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!!!)
:p
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#31 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:43 AM

I'm in.
Anyways:
Name: Belegind (mother name, muttered seconds before her death, means great heart I think), but it can be changed to Celeglin :p
-Biography: Belegind was the son of a knight of the House of the Golden Flower and his wife, a common Noldorin townsperson, and was loved dearly by both his mother and father. When Gondolin fell, his mother and father fled to the Mouths of the Sirion, where he was eventually born. At the urging of Earendil, however, they moved into the west, shortly before Beleriand was sunk.

Eventually, Belegind's parent came to Lindon, which was ruled by King Gil Galad, the last King of the Noldor. Around 200 or 300 SA, Belegind was born, and his mother died at childbirth, screaming his name. Belegind and his father stayed in Lindon until the Last Alliance, in which both father and son fought side by side as officers of Gil Galad, whom he and his father had befriended over the years. In the midst of the chaos, the Nazgul entered the battle. Belegind's father moved to engage 3 of them, one of which donned an iron crown, to distract them from the other soldiers. He was slain after a brutal fight, though Beleglin was too focused on fighting other enemies at the time to notice it. Beleglin turned around just before his father was killed to see Sauron coming his way.
Sauron passed right by him and engaged in a fight with Gil Galad, Elrond, Cirdan, Elendil and Isildur. He was horrified to see Elendil and Gil Galad went down, brutally slain by Sauron. Isildur rushed to his slain father's side. Sauron stepped on Narsil and Belegind watched in amazement as the ring fell off Sauron's finger. It was not until after the battle in which he noticed his father's absence. He finally came upon the corpse of his father, which was covered by an Arnorian captain and a Telerin soldier. He mourned the death of his father and Gil Galad for many a day, until he finally mustered the strength to stand. He took up his father's sword and swore to do as much good as he possibly with it.
He roamed around the West on horse with a company of Dunedain and Elves, killing Orcs wherever they could be found. The company he was in always changed after about 2 or 3 years, but he always fought on, gathering another man or elf for every one who left. His power eventually grew to the extent that he was usually the leader who rode at the head of the party, though his might was still insignificant comared to some of the other beings in Middle-Earth. He was known to be a very kind leader to his company, often going without in times of shortness. One thing he was noted for that he did is that he frequently kept slashing at enemies, even after they were slain, often mutilating them horribly out of his hatred for them. When trouble arose in Arnor, he gathered a company of Elves and eventually met up with Glorfindel, who noticed the fiery hatred for evil in his soul.
He invited Belegind to ride with his company, which was riding to the aid of Fornost. In the midst of battle, he saw Glorfindel riding to aid the king, who was fighting same shadowy being that he saw his father face off with. The being ran off and Glorfindel muttered words to Arvedui, which were, to Belegind, inaudible. He asked Glorfindel what the thing was. All he heard out of Glorfindel's mouth was ," Nazgul... They are the nine, nine once-great lords of men, corrupted by the nine rings given to them by Saruon." King Arvedui personally recognized his valor in battle and thanked him and Glorfindel for his assistance. Glorfindel advised Belegind to speak with Elrond, the last living descendent of Fingolfin in Middle-Earth. He rode off hastily after bidding his company farewell.
Upon arriving at the last Homely House, he was greeted by Elrond. He immediately took a liking to Elrond and they quickly befriended each other. By the late third age, Belegind was known to be Elrond's other, significantly less powerful thumb (the first being Glorfindel) and often rode out into battle in the name of Elrond and Rivendell, his new home. Belegind became renown for his loyalty to Elrond and was one of the more powerful amongst the warriors of Imladris, but became more known for his loyalty and kindness (though obviously not very kind to Orcs).
He was present at the council of Elrond, sitting next to Glorfindel. He was shocked to learn that the One Ring, which helped lead to his father's death, was in the possession of a Hobbit from the Shire, the very one Glorfindel was specifically trying to secure earlier, but even more supprised that he had not been corrupted yet. By not volunteering to be apart of the Fellowship, Belegind set into motion events that would help determine the course of Middle-Earth's future. Eventually, Elrond called upon him, as well as a few others, to help the Fellowship in any way possible. Though reluctantly, Belegind saw this task merely as another way to show his loyalty to his lord.

Physical characteristics and traits: Belegind has black hair like the rest of his kin and is known for his loyalty, generosity and kindness towards his friends and allies. He is known to go into battle with little armor, though not without it completely. He wears a tunic of light chainmail and armor and a sword forged in Valinor. The armor glints silver in the light, and the sword was finely forged. He also has silver bracers, pauldrons and shin guards. He wears a deep blue robe of fine craftsmanship on the back under the chainmail and over the legs. Look at Matias's heavy armor Elladan for a reference as to how the armor should look, except no tiara, the chainmail stops at the kneecaps and the cape would be blue with an Evenstar embroidered into it. That, and Belegind's armor would be silver. The weapon would resemble the RA Glorfindel's blade.
Race: Noldor, born outside Valinor to an exile, did not see the Light
-Height: 6'3"-ish
-Weight: 170 lbs
Weapons:
-Melee: His father's sword (one made in Valinor). The sword has an elongated hilt made of mallorn with dark varnish, and has gold spiraling up the hilt. The blade curves in the opposite direction in which the hilt does. The blade has gold ornamentation on it. It is sharpened on only one side. The sword is named Duath ned Fuin, Bane of Darkness (I think that's what it means :p).
Allegiance and Kingdom of Origin: House of Gil Galad (if he made one), House of Elrond and in that order. He was born in Lindon
-Ranged: If ranged weapons are necessary, he could easily have a belt of throwing knives.

I can't wait to see how the RP turns out. Also, please hit me in the shin concerning canon stuff so I can edit it.

Edited by CIL, 23 February 2009 - 11:36 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#32 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:46 AM

For those who care, I've pretty much finalized my character.
Oh, and CIL, I think you're going to have to nerf your chara quite a bit. Good luck with that :p

And the council, etc, hasn't taken place yet. So you can't exactly say what happens :p

Edited by Elvenlord, 23 February 2009 - 12:55 AM.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#33 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:47 AM

Lets have some hobbits dammit :p

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#34 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:48 AM

Yeah... that'd be nice to see. If you don't disqualify your first character by making Hobbits and Dwarves, I would, just a little later. I'm having to use a MAC keyboard now and it's hell to type with.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#35 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 12:48 AM

@ CIL

Not sure if I appreciate how you rank your character so highly, practically in the same rank as Glorfindel...

But it's decently written anyway. Perhaps consider using paragraphs, it's a little hard on the eyes right now.

Edited by Matias, 23 February 2009 - 12:49 AM.

#36 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:01 AM

(Votes for CIL to be a Hobbit)
:p
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#37 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 23 February 2009 - 01:56 AM

Seconded. :lol: CIL, I'm seeing quite a few errors. You say that his mother died in childbirth, yet mention her a few paragraphs later going to the Mouths of Sirion with him. Then, from Beleriand, they move west to Lindon in the east. And NO, he cannot be as powerful as Glorfindel!!! Also, if he was born in the First Age, he would be almost 7000 rather than 5000 by the time this RP is set in came around.

Anyway, my character...

Sakalthor of Khand (alias Arahad of Mirkwood)
Biography: Sakalthor was an oddity in his hometown due to his appearance. While most of the others had swarthy skin and were built along stocky lines, Sakalthor was tall and fair-skinned, with grey eyes. His height gave him an advantage when riding or fighting, and was balanced by great agility and skill with a horse. When Sauron's agents entered the town in search of recruits for the army of Mordor, Sakalthor led the force from his hometown himself. Fighting at the forefront of the Khandish cavalry force based in Harondor, he realized how close his appearance was to the men of Gondor. After distinguishing himself in combat, he spoke to the Mouth about his appearance. The Lieutenant told him that he most likely had Black Numenorean ancestry, making him a distant relative of the Gondorians. This only served to harden his heart further against them, for he believed that they, and not Sauron's orcs, were truly evil.
The Mouth, seeing his bitterness against the Dunedain, gave him a chance to redeem himself. He told Sakalthor of a man like him who had been in Khand years ago and killed several officials. Sakalthor swore to avenge the murders of the Khandish lords he thought of as his kin. He set out north into Rhun, then moved along the southern edge of Mirkwood and through the High Pass into Eriador. Carrying tokens given to him by the Mouth, he was not accosted by orcs or any of Sauron's other creatures in the area. Knowing that he could easily pose as one of the woodmen, he assumed a different name and posed as a hunter, always looking for the Dunedain chieftain who had killed his liege-lords...

Race: Khandish/Black Numenorean
Physical Appearance: Akin to the Dunedain of the South, he is tall, dark-haired, fair-skinned, and grey-eyed.
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 157 lbs.

Weapons:
-Melee: Poisoned knife (hidden in his boot), cavalry saber (hidden in his saddlebags), riding crop (:p)
-Ranged: Hunting bow
Alignment: Servant of Sauron, Khandish

(No, I'm not going to even insinuate that he was Aragorn's illegit son. Such BS would only serve as my death warrant at mike_'s hands. :p So, he's an assassin.)

EDIT: I added in your fabulous templating, mike_. HAPPY? ;)

Edited by ithilienranger732, 23 February 2009 - 02:43 AM.

BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#38 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:05 AM

Right.. CIL, please don't go manipulating the storyline like that. The RP will start at the same time Strider and the Hobbits leave Bree. I know about Elrond's alleged foresight 'n all, but some of that just won't do. I like how you went in-depth with everything, but some is a bit.. too much. I can't really picture an Elf (much less a Noldo) completely losing his cool like that - Fingolfin and Feanor at least had a plan of what to do with their newfound wrath :lol:

So, yeah. He'll have to be nerfed. A lot :p I'm thinking he could meet up with Matias and I in Eriador after Archet, having ridden out with Elven's character (them both being minor Lords of Rivendell). Most likely the Rohirrim and Ithilien Rangers (can't remember the names ;)) will link up with us in Archet, and we'll all ride for Rivendell, meeting you lot on the way. There we'd do some battle with various Servants of the Enemy (maybe a large pack of Wargs and Orcs?), possibly intercepting a Nazgul - riding off to the Ford of Brunien - by accident. He'd outrun us, we'd make haste, etc etc. ANYWAY we'd then see Glorfindel, Strider and the cannon fodder Hobbits driving the Nine into the River, possibly helping with the torches 'n all. Then we'd help bring the half-dead/Wraith-ed Frodo to Rivendell for healing, etc etc. Some of us would be at the Council, others not (possibly helping out the Sons of Elrond on their Nazgul-hunting?) where the Dwarf would come in, if not earlier.

Comments?

EDIT: Here's the list of players, in order of completion and filling-out-of by my reckoning :p
-Annael Agarwaen (Sindarin Elf) - mike (no problems that I can see :p)
-Hirlad Son of Hirluin (Dunedain of the North) - Matias (yeah, he's cool)
-Mithelen of the Havens (Noldor-Sindar Elf) - Elvenlord (same, though I would preferred you use my original backstory :p)
-Devrand, Brother of Brandir (Dunedain of the South) - Yoda (fine with me)
-Brandir, Brother of Devrand (Dunedain of the South) - Huntah (fine with me)
-Hildger, Son of Horselords (Rohirric Man) - Florisz (little odd backstory.. but that can be patched up later)
-Tori Earthbreaker (Dwarf of Erebor) - RjOrrin (seems like a bland character.. I'll help you out later on down the road)
-Hamath, Son of Hama (Rohirric Man) - Ringy (yeah, I know :p we're workin' on you)
-Belegind of Sirion (Noldor-Sindar Elf) - CIL (like has been said, bit OOT but that can and will be adjusted later.. no worries right now, just keep it in mind)
-Fosco of the Shire (Tookland Hobbit) - Neutron (thank God! Though, he's a little OOC for a Hobbit.. no boots for one, they couldn't make their own fireworks for two, and I doubt there were that many weapons in all the Four Farthings :p)
-Aharad of Mirkwood (Black Numenorean/Khandish Man) - IRS (since he's Evil, I'll explain that one later (also, could you edit it into the template I used in the first post? It's just easier for me :p))

EDITZ: Ye Gods the smileys! :O

Edited by mike_, 23 February 2009 - 02:24 AM.

#39 Neutron4ever

Neutron4ever

title available

• Project Team
  • 893 posts
  • Projects:RCMOD, Kings of the West, Battle For Alagaesia
  •  RCMOD and KOTW Betatester and Edit Button Fanatic

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:16 AM

I wanna join this too!

Name: Fosco Underhill of Hobbiton
-Biography: Fosco Overhill is a Hobbit of the Shire. Close friends with Frodo Baggins and Sam Gamgee, as well as Merry and Pippen. A very adventurous Hobbit. Made several adventures to the Mountains. Is currently bored and looking for another adventure! He is also very energetic and good at hiding.

-Race: Hobbit of the Shire.
Physical Appearance and Notable Features: Very short, similar in size and build to Frodo Baggins. A sure shot with a stone. Has brown hair and carries a shortsword with him (Not yet). Likes to joke around and play pranks. Despite his size, he is very strong (For a hobbit) and able to heft a spear (A shorter spear, that is).

-Height: 3-5
-Weight: 65
Weapons: Shortsword(Not Yet), Shortbow, Stones
-Ranged: Shortbow (Currently has some arrows in quiver) and Rocks
-Melee: a shortsword
Allegiance and Kingdom of Origin: Fosco is loyal to the Shire and will risk his life to protect it

I believe i've made the first hobbit ;)
(Edited Biography)

Edited by neutron4ever, 24 February 2009 - 12:00 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

#40 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 02:34 AM

HE IS NOT AS POWERFUL AS GLORFINDEL!!! AAGGHHH!!!! I said he was a liutenant of Elrond and highly valued as a friend and his input was taken to heart by Elrond. He has friends in high places and makes friends with the people in high places so that he has more friends in high places ;). Anyways, I said he was in the upper portion but not the omega elite portion of Rivendell's warriors. That puts him a little above book-Legolas. And yes, I know I need to put paragraphs in. I'm gonna do that now.

EDIT: I didn't know I made him seem that powerful... I will edit that, too.

And Mike, he's pure Noldor, but didn't see the light because he was born to exiles.

Oh, and Ithilien, I said this:

When the first Gondolin fell, his mother and father fled to the Mouths of the Sirion, where he was eventually born. At the urging of Earendil, however, they moved into the west, shortly before Beleriand was sunk.

That would mean at the end of the First Age. Anyways, I did underestimate the age by about 1000 years... I might just make him born in the last few minutes of the First Age... you know, to add drama :lol:.

And Elrond, these guys are sent to aid the Fellowship AFTER the Fellowship left. And the Fellowship left after the council, did it not? This is assuming a second one was held and that these guys were sent afterwards.

Also, here's a Hobbit:

Name: Fobber Proudfoot
Bio: Fobber was known for his fat, but he also had a knack for weapons. In addition to being the fattest hobbit in the Shire, he was also one of it's finest archers and spearmen. He met up with the Council of Elrond to discuss how to assist the Fellowship and eventually went on to help them.
Physical appearance: Fobber is the fattest hobbit in the Shire, but he also has a lot of muscle beneath that fat and can move more acrobatically than the skinniest of Hobbits can.
Weight: 450
Height: 4'8"
Weapons-
Melee: Spear named "Impaler," made of an oak shaft and a serrated steel head.
Ranged: Redwood bow with serrated arrows

Edited by CIL, 23 February 2009 - 03:03 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users