DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts
  • Projects:GTFO
  •  Everybody do the Flop!

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:55 AM

I was only kidding with the balrog,

But I had an idea of writing a back story for the easterling and how his family was slaughtered by his own clan over petty issues and vowed to fight against them.
In desperation to save his own life he traveled as a lone wanderer for 5 or so years he joined a few mercenary clans over the years but only stayed in each for a limited time before moving on.

Edited by DIGI_Byte, 24 February 2009 - 05:04 AM.

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#102 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:59 AM

DIGI you are thinking of Khim from my mod.
I created him specially for my mod :twisted:

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#103 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 05:02 AM

Well at least you based it of something that wasn't complete hog wash, I remember you telling me of a dwarf who went rogue, I thought it was the same dwarf you put in.

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#104 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:51 PM

@ Mike: That was Mim, not Nim. ;)

@ Digi: My character is an Khandish guy who looks like a Gondorian, but is actually an assassin. :twisted:
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#105 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:40 PM

Yeah, that's right. Slipped up for a moment.

..and I'm still not too sure how that will work, IRS.

#106 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 08:21 PM

So yeah...I'm going to change my guy. A lot. Like, name, sword, backstory...and so on.

Edit: so, here he is!

Name: Beradrin.
-Biography: Beradrin is a proud man of the Bree-lands. He is 25 years old. He has brown hair, it comes to his shoulders. His eyes are green-grey, and he is tall. He was born on the sixth of July, 2996, Third Age. His family on his mother’s side has lived in Bree and the surrounding lands for as long they can remember. The family stories tell that they lived here before the Numenoreands came to colonize Middle-Earth. His fathers side has been on the move for a long time. They started out at Framsburg, where one of Beradrin’s fore fathers came south with Eorl the Young, and he settled in Rohan. His family moved a lot since that day. To other regions of Rohan, to Gondor, and so on. Until Beradrin’s father fled Rohan with his family, afraid of the growing Shadow in the East.
Beradrin really loves to be outside. To hunt in the forests, fish in the rivers, feed the cattle in the meadow, or just simply read a book on a sunny day on a hill. Also, he loves to cook and make new bows and spears for hunting. He is a great merchant, he can get a lot of supplies for a lower price then it actually is…(may come in handy, not?)
Beradrin hasn’t seen a lot of the World, only the Bree-lands, a part of the Shire, a small region of the Lone Lands and the North Downs. But that will change soon…
Race.: the race of Man
Physical Appearance and Notable Features: He is tall, has long brown hair till his shoulders, and green-grey eyes.
-Height: Taller then the common Man, but smaller then common Elf
-Weight: The usual for the race of Man.
Weapons:
-Ranged: A long hunting bow
-Melee: A spear
Allegiance and Kingdom of Origin: The Bree-lands.

Edited by Florisz, 24 February 2009 - 08:36 PM.

Posted Image

#107 Neutron4ever

Neutron4ever

title available

• Project Team
  • 893 posts
  • Projects:RCMOD, Kings of the West, Battle For Alagaesia
  •  RCMOD and KOTW Betatester and Edit Button Fanatic

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:27 PM

Everyone is cooler than me :wink_new:
All I have is a pitiful hunting bow....and rocks
Lets get this thing started so We can get our swords :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

#108 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:30 PM

You poor little Hobbit! Ah, well someone has to be the weak one. But you are a good minstil, I hope"? I wanted mine to be a minstril but this is cooler. Like an Elf in the body of a Man...
Posted Image

#109 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:31 PM

Very good Floris! Moderate and well-rounded.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#110 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:32 PM

Thank you! :)
Posted Image

#111 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:46 AM

Alright everyone. The RP (which I'll now be referring to as 'In the Footsteps of Doom' (until a better name presents itself :mellow:)) has been submitted and *should* be up tomorrow.

Now, everyone will have to resubmit their characters for individual evaluation - most are fine as-is, but more than a few have some 'rough spots' I'll have to help iron out on an individual basis. Sorry for the inconvenience, it's just how it's is :lol:

So yeah. Get prepared - Sauron's Eye is moving, and soon so shall we.

EDIT: Forgot the linkage ;) here's the submission topic. Feel free to post up something (keep in mind; it must be worth posting (so no 'finally!!111!')) there if you want.

Edited by mike_, 27 February 2009 - 03:47 AM.

#112 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:20 AM

And here's the RPG itself. Mike, as you forgot to tell me what subforums you wanted, I decided to take a little creative licence. Anyway, it's up and waiting, all it needs is FZM to remind me how to make you and Matias moderators in it, because I couldn't for the life of me figure it out. Admin CP is way confusing.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#113 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:24 AM

Looks cool!
Posted Image

#114 LadyRhiea

LadyRhiea

CPPB

• Project Team
  • 784 posts
  • Projects:RJ-ROTWK

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:36 PM

Name: Lanathriel
Biography:
Born as the third child of the nobleman Imrador, Lanathriel has lived a life of comfort. Her father, as many others were in the port city of Dol Amroth, was a wealthy trader who made a living by trading exquisite weapons and armor to the ships that would dock in the ports.

Imrador had the least of expectations for Lanathriel, since he already had two tall and proud sons that would continue his legacy as a trader. Thus Lana spent most of her days lazing around the house, helping her mother with the house work and going to the market to snag some good deals. The most exciting events of her life would include getting vegetables for half their price or listening to the usual gossip of their neighbors. Life for Lanathriel was extremely dull. It was during this time that she took an interest in herbalism, studying a variety of herbs and their medicinal uses from the local market traders.

Finally unable to cope with the dullness of her life, Lanathriel implored her father to allow her to accompany her eldest brother on a trading trip to see the world outside. After much conflict and arguments, Imrador finally allowed Lanathriel to join her brother, seeing as there's not that much harm in allowing her to learn some trading skills. Who knows? Maybe she'll provide more revenue for the household.

Race: Daughter of the princedom Dol Amroth.
Physical Appearance and Notable Features: Lanathriel is easily distinguished by her gray eyes and her pale skin that contrasts with her black hair. Some has described the noble daughter to be a like a light gentle breeze that floats by the city with grace. Her figure is slim and delicate in every way, showing no signs of labor at all.

Height: 5'3
Weight: Lana's weight is slightly lighter than the average woman, as she's never worked in her life to develop any muscle weight in her arms nor does she consume enough food to make her overweight.
Weapons:
Melee: Steel Gondorian Short Sword.

Posted Image

I'm not smoking anything, I'm just Japanese.

You guys better hope I don't get hired by EA one day, sorry, I meant interned for very low wages

#115 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 28 February 2009 - 02:44 PM

Sounds good to me, Lanathriel's youth reminds me of the girls often portrayed in Murakami novels. :glare:

So she's away with her brother... fine again, I mean there's the thing about women in Middle-earth not often doing things like this, but I'm not one to keep someone shut out from this for this reason. We can bend the rules no problem.

Will she be arriving at Archet? If so... I suggest waiting a little before introducing her and her brother... mike and I have something planned that should give you a great incentive to join the ''2nd Fellowship'', while at the same time getting rid of the 2nd character, her brother. You should wait until the RP topic (have you seen it? The RP is set up at the RPG Frontier) is far enough to be leaving Archet, and come in there. You'll see what I mean by the right kind of incentive. ;)

Approved.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#116 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:18 AM

Lets go on a roller coaster ride, Sorry no hobbits allowed.
Dwarfs Just pass the height restriction.

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#117 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

What was the point in that..?

#118 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

None.