10 replies to this topic

#1 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:53 AM

Ok, so although i sorta decided i wouldn't try to make a new RPG after DZ:GI got archived, i have chosen to atleast put my idea forward, if it seems like people really like the idea, then i guess i'll request it, if not then i'll just go back to being an RPG participant :p .

I have been thinking of an idea for a new RPG, but have only just decided to bring it forward.
The idea is that you would wake up to find yourself inside a game.

A voice like an overly enthusiastic game show host or announcer then asks you to 'select your avatar'. It tells you that this is how you will appear to others inside 'The Game'. You dont remember anything, but it assures you this is normal for first time gamers, and that the memories will return over time. It tells you that 'The Game' is a massive virtual world where you can play till your hearts content.

You start off in one of the low level games, the voice tells you to unlock another games you must first complete the ones you already have, it informs you that your current rank is 'n00b', and that you must make it to the next rank before the next game is unlocked, It also informs you that cheating is forbidden, and should we be found to be using any cheats or hacks our 'gaming experience will be terminated'. Thus our characters would go on an adventure through parodies of real games, trying to make our way through the game to find answers, and as we do discover not everything is as it seems...
(dun dun daa!)

I haven't really put that much thought into the storyline, but if enough people are interested i could come up with a cool storyline and we could get going :lol:

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

I have returned, mostly out of boredom.

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 05:42 AM

Sounds cool. I'd definately join it. Maybe one of the higher level games could be Mind-Ops: The Minddoor Conspiracy :)

Hello everyone. I am back.

#3 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:44 AM

I have a one name i will definitely use(and its stolen from doom3: ROE)
Hellanoid ;)

I like that name, and im going to use it if this does kick off

Posted Image

#4 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

I have returned, mostly out of boredom.

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 03:11 AM

Bitchin, yes very bitchin. You should post this in the RPG Offices alongside mine! And you should at least try it, me and GJ/Durandel are discussing things.

Hello everyone. I am back.

#5 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 07:05 AM

lol,
and i posted this here to see how much support an RPG like this would get before i actually requested it.

So does the lack of comments by anyone except for TLC means others aren't interested, or just haven't seen this yet?
Even if you aren't interested, can you post and say so so i know weather or not people have actually seen this thread?

Cause i dont want to assume people aren't interested, as i know many people link straight into the Library and miss out on this section...
(also, i think this has some potential... if people are interested)

Posted Image

#6 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 03 March 2009 - 11:44 AM

Sorry to burst this bubble, but it does look as though this idea is not quite as popular as a couple of others that have been requested, and we don't want to overstretch the RPG Frontier now that it's finally picking up again. Really, we're going to need a few more new faces before we want to consider moving it up to 7 or 8 RPs. Last time there was that many the whole Frontier just crashed and burned, and we're trying to avoid that.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#7 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

Yeah, thats what i had in mind when i posted it here instead of suggesting it.

Unless i got enough people showing interest( 5 or more?) i wouldn't start it. And with all the newbies looking to run their own RPGs now, it might lead to an unwanted surplus...

Posted Image

#8 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:02 PM

Extremely noble of you good Sir.

Also, I just lost the game. Curses.
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#9 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:36 AM

DARN IT! I LOST THE GAME!!! ;) How could you, FZM? :p
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#10 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:13 PM

Ok, so although i sorta decided i wouldn't try to make a new RPG after DZ:GI got archived, i have chosen to atleast put my idea forward, if it seems like people really like the idea, then i guess i'll request it, if not then i'll just go back to being an RPG participant :p .

I have been thinking of an idea for a new RPG, but have only just decided to bring it forward.
The idea is that you would wake up to find yourself inside a game.

A voice like an overly enthusiastic game show host or announcer then asks you to 'select your avatar'. It tells you that this is how you will appear to others inside 'The Game'. You dont remember anything, but it assures you this is normal for first time gamers, and that the memories will return over time. It tells you that 'The Game' is a massive virtual world where you can play till your hearts content.

You start off in one of the low level games, the voice tells you to unlock another games you must first complete the ones you already have, it informs you that your current rank is 'n00b', and that you must make it to the next rank before the next game is unlocked, It also informs you that cheating is forbidden, and should we be found to be using any cheats or hacks our 'gaming experience will be terminated'. Thus our characters would go on an adventure through parodies of real games, trying to make our way through the game to find answers, and as we do discover not everything is as it seems...
(dun dun daa!)

I haven't really put that much thought into the storyline, but if enough people are interested i could come up with a cool storyline and we could get going :p

I apologize, but when we made a joke RP section, it never did do well, all I see is this RP crashing and burning for the humor in it.

No offense, if any taken.

#11 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:44 PM

Yes, the joke RPG section was a disaster, but this isn't quite like that. I think this could work, with the right support. However, at the moment it doesn't have it, so it's all academic anyway. I don't see why serious RPing and humour have to be separated. RPing is a form of gaming, and gaming is about entertainment, as is humour. Mutual exclusivity I do not see.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users