#22 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:21 AM

You seem to be new at it,but the first map looks alright.
If you want i'm looking for mappers for LW and AON and I think you could do some good work.
Let me know if you want in.

Edited by Radspakr, 08 March 2009 - 01:22 AM.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#23 Retharias

Retharias
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda, Dol Guldur--Unfinished Version, Expanded Helm's Deep with Glittering Caves
  •  Mapper for WoA

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:47 AM

@ Radspakr: Probably not for a little while. I have still have a lot to do with some of the maps i'm doing for Gfire. I'll let you know when I have time.

@Gfire: New screenshot for you. This one is a concept design of one the castles flanking Isenmouthe.

Attached Thumbnails

• Isenmouthe_castle_design.jpg

Edited by Rokqua Shadowkin, 08 March 2009 - 01:47 AM.

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.

Posted Image

#24 Neutron4ever

Neutron4ever

title available

• Project Team
  • 893 posts
  • Projects:RCMOD, Kings of the West, Battle For Alagaesia
  •  RCMOD and KOTW Betatester and Edit Button Fanatic

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:28 AM

Well it's missing eyes and a mouth...

Get it?

Eyesandmouth=Isenmouthe :lol:

Looks pretty good, i'm interested in how it'll turn out
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

#25 Retharias

Retharias
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda, Dol Guldur--Unfinished Version, Expanded Helm's Deep with Glittering Caves
  •  Mapper for WoA

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:05 PM

Thanks. I've decided to make it a five player map, and split the gate and castles to be controlled by three different players. I also changed the castle design to a simple ring-shape with two gates. They would serve as a second and third way into the Isenmouthe if uncontrolled by players 2 and 3.

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the Darkness bind them.

Posted Image

#26 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

So what will the overall layout look like? Where the players go, and whatnot.
Greetings, community.

#27 Retharias

Retharias
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  •  Mapper for WoA

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:53 PM

If we go by the maps of mordor, with the black gate in the north and Isenmouthe in the back, then Player one, two and three will be in the southernmost part of the map, with player one controlling the main gate of the Isenmouthem, and players two and three will have the hilltop castles flanking isenmouthe. Players four and five will be in the northern corners of the map, and will be able to strike out at anyone, but will be in immediate danger of each other. Players two and three will have to cross the battlefield to strike at each other, or destroy player one first, but will be able to attack anyone else immediately. Player one will have access to strike at all players, but will be in the most danger of an attack.

Sorry for not having a screenshot, but I havn't finished the layout yet.

Edited by Rokqua Shadowkin, 08 March 2009 - 11:28 PM.

Posted Image

#28 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:35 PM

So it's a free for all map, not teams? Or else you could throw four players in the north and have the other three play as a team against them. That might be more realistic, but it really doesn't matter, since there wasn't a battle at Isenmouthe anyway.

Thanks.
Greetings, community.

#29 Retharias

Retharias
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  •  Mapper for WoA

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:32 PM

That's an interesting point. So far, I was making it a skirmish map, but when its done, I could make a campaign mission map with Mordor controlling all of Isenmouthe, and Gondor beseigeing it from the north. That is, IF your mod is about the time of Isildur, because the armies of the Last Alliance could not have beseiged Barad'Dur if both Isenmouthe and the Black Gate had not been taken. Here's a screenshot of the new castle design for player two. It's kind of small and cramped, making it easily defensible, but difficult to build structures safely since it will be on a mountain.

Attached Thumbnails

• Isenmouthe_castle_design.new.jpg
  • Isenmouthe_castle_design.new.no_fortress.jpg

Edited by Rokqua Shadowkin, 09 March 2009 - 08:33 PM.

Posted Image

#30 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:24 PM

Yes, it was supposed to be a skirmish map >.> I'm not planning on making a second age campaign.

I just meant that, since there wasn't really a battle there during The War of the Ring, there wouldn't be something to base it off of, unlike, say, a Minas Tirith map.
Greetings, community.

#31 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

I take it you'll have the players inherit those walls and such for their own use?

#32 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 09 March 2009 - 10:37 PM

Also, as a note, there are destructible and indestructible versions of some of the Dol Guldur walls. I've oftec used the wrong ones ;) , so make sure you're using the appropriate walls.
Greetings, community.

#33 Retharias

Retharias
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  •  Mapper for WoA

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:38 AM

The way to check that kind of thing is to select the wall segment, then drop its health to fifty percent. If it looks damaged, then it is destructable. If not, then you have the opposite situation. And yes, I did use the right ones. I used the damagable ones for the smaller fortress walls, and used the indestructable one for the oversized Isenmouthe walls themselves.

Edit: The Isenmouthe walls are no longer oversized. There was a problem in-game where the walls would go back to their normal size unless you brought the camera close to them, leaving large gaps and destroying the realism. Also, some of the enlarged Dol Goldur towers would vanish when not being controlled by their player, so I changed those to civillian. So far, the map has been working in-game. I also intend to change the names of the walls to Isenmouthe walls, instead of Dol Goldur Walls.

@ mike_: Yes, I might do that, but as of now I only have that in campaign versions of the map.

Edited by Rokqua Shadowkin, 11 March 2009 - 01:50 AM.

Posted Image

#34 Retharias

Retharias
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  •  Mapper for WoA

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:30 PM

Sorry, Gfire, but I won't be able to show any more screenshots for a while. Worldbuilder slows down the computer a lot, but I'll start working again as soon as I'm able.

@mike_: Yes, I am making the player two inherit player one's part of Isenmouthe if player one is missing, and player three will inherit all of isenmouthe if both player one and two are missing. Player three's inheritance of the rest of the fortress is delayed because its castle will already be the most well-defended part of Isenmouthe.

Posted Image

#35 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

Lithlad would also be a good map for Mordor. It is another plain, behind (east of) Gorgoroth. It would be a very similar map, but would have to be significantly different. Just another one, if you want to keep doing Mordor maps.
Greetings, community.

#36 Retharias

Retharias
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  •  Mapper for WoA

Posted 13 March 2009 - 09:41 PM

I can now use Worldbuilder again, Gfire, but I'm not working on mordor maps. I've decided to play around with other unmapped locations. I am now doing Moria, though EA's current Moria Wall models aren't very good. Could you see if anyone you know could help with modeling for that? I'll search around as well.

As far as I can tell, the inherit scripts for Isenmouthe work perfectly. I still have to test them in a multiplayer game or skirmish to make sure I didn't completely overpower players one, two, or three. :p

Edited by Rokqua Shadowkin, 14 March 2009 - 07:39 PM.

Posted Image

#37 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 14 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

Alright, that's cool. You could try some other Dwarven mine walls like Erebor or Blue Mountains, since they will work for customized mines. Since the Moria nap was meant for the campaign, the walls are probably customized for the level and will only work in specific formations.

The Moria walls would probably use the same models as the Erebor/Blue mountain ones, but with new skins. Maybe I'll Reskin them.
Greetings, community.

#38 Retharias

Retharias
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  •  Mapper for WoA

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:02 PM

Thanks! :D When do you think you'll have them ready? :ohmy:

Posted Image

#39 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 14 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

Alright, never mind. You should choose between blue mountains and Erebor to use, and adjust the light accordingly to make it look like Moria walls.

Edited by Gfire, 14 March 2009 - 08:58 PM.

Greetings, community.

#40 Retharias

Retharias
  • Members
  • 196 posts
  •  Mapper for WoA

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

Ah, well, Erebor Walls are the most similar. I'll either stick with those, or convert the BFME I campaign map to a BFME II skirmish map. That last one is gonna be really hard to do properly. :ohmy:

P.S: Is skinning really that hard? :D

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users