- Installed RA2 (NOTE! The disc was scratched up, during the installation, it said "Could not read ra2.mix". So I just clicked "Resume", and it resumed, eventually saying "Installation Successful". The game runs fine).
- Patched RA2 to 1.006.
- Installed YR, completely successful.
- Patched YR to 1.001.
- Patched YR to NE_SE_0022.
- Put in the MO patch xmlf file in the RA2 directory.
- Put in the MO theme pack into the RA2 directory, as well as the original RA2 music theme.mix, renamed to expandmd96.mix.
- Put the newest MO launcher in the RA2 directory (it doesn't need to be in there, right?), made a shortcut to the desktop.
I did all this twice, as to try to fix the problem, I uninstalled everything, and reinstalled everything.
So, after all that crap, I fired up the mod. The new main menu appears, thanks to the NPatch. I'm not sure if that's part of Speeder's mod, in fact I doubt it. The background is just the beta RA2 screen, with the words Yuri's Revenge added.
So that's the first potential problem. The rest of the problems:
- Epsilon's campaign icon does not show up, though it's missions do show up in the list.
- China, and all Epsilon factions do not show up.
- The tech slider doesn't show up.
And that's about it. So, no biggy... unless I want to play as Epsilon in skirmish! Aw, man, WTF!?
I've got Windows XP installed, SP3, not sure if that needs to be known. I'm almost positive that the problem lies with the NPatch setup. Is there like some way to configure it, without having to edit the rules.ini?
- - -
So, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Edited by DoMoNiC_HuNtEr, 06 March 2009 - 12:17 AM.