{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 06 March 2009 - 04:17 AM

1. No machine-gun posting.
~ Don't post more than once in the space of five minutes unless one of them contains a MAJOR development in the storyline.
~ Don't fill up the forums with useless one-liners... have more than one thing to say, otherwise it gets cluttered quickly.
~ Don't post more than four times a day in the main RP Storyline Topic. Value your posts, and put much thought into them.

2. No character manipulation.
~ You can't up and have your character do something completely out of character. For Michael, this would involve belting someone over the head with a book and jumping out of the attic window. :p
~ In the same way, don't do that sort of thing to other people's characters. Having them say something short is good for carrying along the plotline and keeping one-liners out of the way, but if it's totally out of their character, don't even think about it.

3. Use proper spelling and grammar.
~ Nobody wants to take forever trying to interpret your post. If you need to, go back and edit the stuff in.
~ Smilies and other emoticons are ONLY allowed in the OOC section of your post. No writers used them in their great works.
~ Don't be lazy... type out the full number; i.e. not 100, it's one hundred. :)

4. Be realistic.
~ Your human characters are not magic. Only your book characters can be.
~ No insane godmodding abilities (i.e. an obese 80 year old doing several cartwheels and jumping from roof to roof :p).

5. No spamming.
~ If you have nothing useful to say in a topic, don't say anything.
~ No pointless "ROTFL!!!" posts.

6. Keep swearing to a minumum.
~ You may swear like a sailor in real life, but let's keep this relatively PG. Only use swear words for emphasis, if ever.
~ Yes, I may sound strict about it. I'm just trying to run a kid-friendly business. :p

Yes, this is basically the same list that mike and I posted up in the Footsteps of Doom RP. That's because the rules are fairly standard. There may still be some carry-over typos involving LOTR from said list, but I'll fix them eventually.

Feel free to comment. :)

Regards, IRS

Edited by ithilienranger732, 06 March 2009 - 04:33 AM.
More rules...

BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users