Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:09 AM

What you need to know about Halo:

- Earth united under the United Nations and became a space-faring race, first colonizing Mars. After colonizing Mars, we developed faster-than-light travel thanks to the Shaw-Fukijawa FTL drive.

- With the ability to travel FTL, interstellar colonization began. Harvest, a planet which will be central in the future, was founded as an agricultural planet to grow food for the colonies.

- Not surprisingly, with humanity spread out across the stars, rebellions soon sprang up for various reasons. The United Nations Space Command, or UNSC, developed a military branch to deal with these rebellions.

Here's where you really need to start paying attention.

- The Office of Naval Intelligence, or ONI, developed a secret program to create supersoldiers to take out high-profile targets. This program began as the SPARTAN-I's, and would produce soldiers like Sgt. Avery Johnson, who would become John-117 (Master Chief)'s close friend later.

- After the SPARTAN-I program was successful, ONI decided to begin a more advanced program, the SPARTAN-IIs. Candidates were selected based on athletic ability, size, intelligence, and other similar factors. John was also selected because he was very lucky.

- In training, John was shown to be a natural leader and was then chosen to be the leader of the spartans.

- John was one of the few to survive the augmentation process, which made him much stronger and decreased his reaction time. It also increased his pain threshold.

And here's where Halo really begins.

- Some time in the 2540's, contact was first made with the Covenant - the ship which made contact was promptly destroyed. (It is believed that the first contact we really had with the Covenant was in the 1940's, when a ship piloted by Jackals crashed near Roswell, New Mexico.)

- The Covenant then descended on Harvest and invaded the surface of the planet. It was at Harvest that we leard of the first four core species of the Covenant:

-- Grunts, who are about 5 feet tall and breath methane through a tank on their back. They scatter when their superiors are killed, and rely on strength in numbers.

-- Jackals, who are physically frail bird-like creatures that carry a hand-held energy sheild. They have incredibly good eyesight and are typically used as snipers.

-- Elites, who stand about 7'6" tall, have double-jointed legs, four mandibles, and are the military leaders of the Covenant. They command the troops and are armed with plasma rifles, and also protected by energy sheilds built into their armor. They also have the ability to engage active camoflage, which remains active until they open fire on the enemy.

-- Hunters, which are actually a colony of wormlike creatures housed in a giant suit of armor. The metal alloy the armor is made of is nearly impenetrable, and one of their arms has a fuel rod assault cannon attached to it, while the other has a gigantic shield attached.

- Later, at the battle and then fall of Reach, Commander Keyes and the Pillar of Autumn managed to escape the Covenant invasion and made a random jump to the Threshold system, where the ship found the first Halo. When two Covenant cruisers fell out of slipspace behind the Pillar, the ship's AI Cortana was given to John-117 in accordance to the Cole Protocol. The crew then abandoned ship while the Commander crashlanded the Pillar on the ring.

- The remnants of the crew fight on the ring, the Flood, which are a parasitic organism that change people and Covenants into potato-colored zombies with tentacles, are released, Cortana and Chief find out that the Halos are a system of superweapons designed by the Forerunners that will kill every living thing in the galaxy in order to stop the Flood, and then Chief detonates the fusion reactors of the Pillar of Autumn to destroy the ring and the Flood on it, narrowly escaping on one of the few remaining UNSC fighters. This is how Halo: Combat Evolved ends.

== This is where I'm stopping for now. To hold you over, I direct you to these pages:

Halo 2 Plotline

Halo 3 Plot

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#2 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:41 PM

Halo 2

Halo 2 picks up with Master Chief safely back to Earth. He's on an orbital defense cannon, a giant magnetic railgun know as a MAC. After a quick ceremony, the Covenant board the MAC.

Chief repels them, and finds out that they brought a big ol' bomb with them. So, he diffuses it. He then jettisons himself and the bomb out of an airlock, flies the bomb into the exposed reactor of a Covenant cruiser, and resets the detonator, thus destroying the cruiser. He's then pick up by the In Amber Clad and brought down to the surface, where the fighting begins.

After pushing the Covenant out of New Mombasa almost singlehandedly, the Prophet of Regret decides to jump to slipspace while still in atmo over Mombasa. The IAC follows, and is propelled into slipspace with Regret's cruiser. *Duhn Duhn Duhn* And both of them stumble on the second Halo and High Charity, the Covenant's space cruiser city capital thing.

((I'm too lazy to keep going lol))

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users