• Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

Hey everyone.

I'm sorry to announce my immediate resignation from the position of Network Leader. I will not conceal my motivations: I've had quite enough of all this.

Over time, many people criticised that the network as a whole was stagnating (or even dying) and that no progress was made. And they were right.
On the other hand, every time I actually did try to change things and move this network forward, I was met with hostility, closed-mindedness and a lot of e-drama. And by that I do not mean the friendly, well-mannered discussions among friends who disagree, but the mindless fights that were nothing but an epic waste of time.

I've had the illusion that after the last leadership reformation the issues that have hindered us in the past would be gone, but it seems they are still very much alive. Realising that nothing has changed since, I refuse to put up with it any longer.
I just cannot be supposed to run a network that I cannot run. I hope for the future of Revora that someone will come who can lead under these circumstances or that the circumstances will finally change. Until then, I don't have any high expectations though.

I've planned to resign some time this year anyway and now seems as good a time as any. At the end of the month I will be leaving for China for almost three months, a time in which I wouldn't have been able to guarantee any kind of participation. I regret though that I am not able to list any real accomplishments during my time as NL; I didn't plan to resign this way.
All I was ever able to do involved simple technical work and support. Obviously it needed to be done but just for doing that I needn't be labelled a Network Leader.

I still very much like Revora and its members, which is why I will stay as a self-appointed Lead Freelancer who will focus solely on the technical aspects of running this network. That, and you can expect me to browse the community sections and participate there. I hereby free myself of all the duties and obligations of managing the community. I leave the Revora politics to those who still can't let go and those who haven't yet been disappointed.

See you in the forums.
DLotS

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#2 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...
  •  Retired Network Leader
  • Job:Maintenance Admin

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:31 PM

Yea... and then let's bring the e-drama to public. That's not nice, man. :(

Anyway, good luck for whatever comes next and enjoy China.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#3 Detail

Detail

King Detail

• Hosted
  • 7,767 posts
  • Projects:Dayvi.com
  •  Blu Spy

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:39 PM

I think this should be moved off the front page and into the Personalities forum.

Only one man can save Revora now:
Posted Image
Batman!

#4 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  • Projects:Life
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:56 PM

Superman will be here soon. He was speaking to us on MSN a few days ago! :unsure:

#5 Nighthawk

Nighthawk

Grumble Grumble.

• Division Leaders
  • 2,946 posts
  • Projects:The Third War, Ares, misc side projects.
  •  Strategist and Modder
  • Division:C&C Guild
  • Job:Division Leader
  • Association

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:29 PM

Well, it's a shame to see you go, but I can understand your motivations behind it, so I'm not disputing anything. :p

And to follow on with the superhero theme, "The night is darkest just before the dawn... But the dawn is coming..." :unsure:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Job Openings with the Guild: Division Staff, News Posters.
Job Openings with Ares: Documentation Maintainer, Active Testers.

PM if interested.

#6 dancam

dancam

Phoenix Rises!

• Undead
  • 2,278 posts
  •  Ex Network Leader

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:56 PM

*salutes*
Dan

#7 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:09 PM

Damn man, sorry for the troubles and epic battles. It does kind of put the network at a loss to loose such a great NL...but gl and best of wishes.
-Nowe

Posted Image

#8 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:10 PM

*also salutes* Pity you're leaving.
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#9 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:53 PM

Can't blame you, man. Crying shame an' all that. On the plus side, this means I'm technically now your equal in terms of rank. Awesome. :unsure:
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#10 Clement

Clement

title available

• Network Staff
  • 1,442 posts
  • Projects:Various
  •  T3A Team Chamber Member
  • Job:Developer

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:36 PM

That was what I thought, I can easily understand that, from what I know, what I have seen...

I am not surprised, nor disapointed by your decision. You tried, your ideas were there to give some life to revora, it didn't want it.
So I'm just desapointed to see such waist of time, waist of speeches. But well I don't even want to speak about that, it doesn't deserve it.

Now I just want to say you good luck, good luck for everthing, first with this journey is China, I don't know the reasons of your journey, but enjoy it as much as you can :p
It was really nice to have you around, and certainly will still for some times ;)

Anyway keep your head hight, you have well made mind, and I am sure it will be seen as it should!

You have really my sincere wish of best of luck Phil,

See you around ;)

PS: I speak a bit of Chinese, and for that too I wish you good luck :unsure: Nah come one, just enjoy it!

Edited by @TiK, 12 March 2009 - 10:38 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts
  • Projects:PPM, PPM: Final Dawn, OS SHP Builder, OS Palette Editor, OS W3D Viewer, VXLSE III, etc...

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:44 PM

I was a bit hotheaded in my post above.

Since the split between network leaders and managers last year, Phil got too much responsibilities on his hands with lack of support from other managers. It's not different from the problem that I had when I was a NL. His leadership was good since the beggining of this year, where he was focused on bring back the activity to the place and build the foundations (mainly technology) for the future. The current network leader/manager system will bring the same fate to any other future network leader, who will have all of the main network decisions on his/her hands. The network needs to be splited into smaller "RevNet Divisions" such as Finances & Server, Community, Software Technology, Network Maintenance, Hosting, Public Relationship and Recruitement. And each of these areas led by one person with their own group of staff and kill the network leader/manager position.
Project Perfect Mod

Command & Conquer Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, Tools, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

Posted Image

#12 Caspa

Caspa

title available

• Members
  • 938 posts
  •  Shine On, Lurk Moar

Posted 12 March 2009 - 11:56 PM

We've lost a damn good NL and now all hope is lost...maybe you could make me the NL now?
Hostile is a cunt.

Thought I'd have that here to save time.

#13 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

I have returned, mostly out of boredom.

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:11 AM

Or me? :unsure:

Hello everyone. I am back.

#14 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:20 AM

Good luck!

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#15 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:21 AM

So, DlotS leaves and you are already trying to get his position?

Nice.

Edited by Matias, 13 March 2009 - 12:21 AM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#16 Guest_CIL_*

Guest_CIL_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2009 - 12:24 AM

This is dissapointing news, indeed. You did such a good job... You were an effective moderator and kept things running smooth. I do not know what ideas were met with hostility, as I do not have access to the inner circles, but I trust they were for the good of the network.

Anyways, the fact that you didn't have any super accopmlishments is overshadowed by the fact that there were no immense failures that ruined Revora. Just the fact that we survived the later Bush presidency without catastrophe is amazing.

Anyways, are you still going to be a moderator?

#17 Banshee

Banshee

One Vision, One Purpose!

• Network Admins
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:22 AM

Every admin have global moderation powers. He is still admin.
Project Perfect Mod

Posted Image

#18 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:53 AM

I was a bit hotheaded in my post above.

Since the split between network leaders and managers last year, Phil got too much responsibilities on his hands with lack of support from other managers. It's not different from the problem that I had when I was a NL. His leadership was good since the beggining of this year, where he was focused on bring back the activity to the place and build the foundations (mainly technology) for the future. The current network leader/manager system will bring the same fate to any other future network leader, who will have all of the main network decisions on his/her hands. The network needs to be splited into smaller "RevNet Divisions" such as Finances & Server, Community, Software Technology, Network Maintenance, Hosting, Public Relationship and Recruitement. And each of these areas led by one person with their own group of staff and kill the network leader/manager position.

That is an idea, but we had similar before. The problem with having someone run the Community and another run hosting etc is that those areas sort of overlap, but then again we could just give it a go.

Secondly part of this above was down to one person, as always, not going to start any crap because I simply don't care anymore either. There has not been any communication with the network since the first lot of leadership crisis' in 2006 and it has gradually deteriorated since due to all of us. Maybe a private discussion is needed, any such hostilities set aside and an agreement made; like we use to in 2005 when this place worked.

#19 Tom

Tom

title available

• Undead
  • 8,475 posts
  •  Co-Founder of Revora

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:55 AM

Actually Banshee, I think your idea above is excellent. We should discuss immediately about getting it set into action.

#20 Caspa

Caspa

title available

• Members
  • 938 posts
  •  Shine On, Lurk Moar

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:04 AM

So, DlotS leaves and you are already trying to get his position?

Nice.

Yeah, because I really want that kiind of responsability :unsure:
Hostile is a cunt.

Thought I'd have that here to save time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users