• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:43 AM

I hope so :p I think most of the crew are wanting to get the evil men faction completed first and then it's going to be a toss up of either the wotr being made useable with S.E.E. or the campaign being fixed for S.E.E. . Not sure which one will be first :grin:

Edited by ttandchotmail, 17 June 2009 - 04:43 AM.

No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

title available

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 08:18 PM

I am back after some time... I have quit BFME2 and started to mod the ROTWK which offers much more regarding the WotR... with the inspiration of the SEE mod, I have removed the house colors, reduced the money range of the farms, etc. I am not going to do any major balance changes, the mod is going to be mostly about the command sets, two major factions, good and evil, and possibly new units also.

MoS

#43 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 25 July 2009 - 02:15 AM

Coolies :p
No chance of returning....Zero chance of surviving....Well!? When do we get started?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 Guest_SLAY@_*

Guest_SLAY@_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2009 - 03:43 PM

I would be cool if the campaign was fixed first :lol:

SLAY@

#45 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 04:51 AM

I would be cool if the campaign was fixed first :)

G'day Slay@

I'm guessing you meant to say " IT " would be cool if the campaign was fixed first :p And of course it would be but most of the team is working on the Evil Men fortress so that's the first thing that's going to be done. After that it'll probably be fixing up any problems the Evil Men faction has. After that I'm not too sure. One part at a time is usually the best way to go. :)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 Guest_SLAY@_*

Guest_SLAY@_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:51 PM

sorry, yeah i did mean it.

#47 SLA@

SLA@
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:19 PM

Yes, now im registered
Posted Image

#48 Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

title available

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

There is a progress... :rolleyes:

I can add a new unit to the living world map now, and the unit works correctly (ARMY_SUMMARY... was the problem). ROTWK really is much much much better, there are 4 hero armies, not just 3, the economy works better, there are more regions (and Mordor finally is NOT accessible but through the Black Gate and Minas Morgul... the Black Gate should get a new map by the way, it's annoying that the defender cannot close the door, isn't it :rolleyes: ), and there are the "historical" scenarios...

I have made one for trial, "Return of the King", for 2 players, good and evil... both factions (Faramir is in Ithilien with a few rangers, Gandalf is in Minas Tirith, Aragorn and Theoden are in Rohan, Elrond in Rivendell, Saruman in Isengard...) are far from being ready, basically these are Mordor+Isengard (armies led by the Witch King, Gothmog, Me and Saruman) with a few goblin units buildable and MotW+Elves (armies led by Aragorn, Faramir, Theoden and Elrond). There are still minor problems I don't understand (I was able to define and place 4 garrison armies for the good faction, but only 2 for the evil side... actually they can have 4, but 2 allways start in Mordor... I wanted to have two goblin armies, one in the High Pass, one in Dol Guldur, and one Isengard garrison army in Dunland + an Easterling garrison army in Rhun).

As we are in "spam" and as many ideas for the mod I prepare come from the SEE, I will continue to present it here, if you don't mind. Perhaps some of my experiences may serve the SEE team in future.

So far the mod is about the following changes...

Farms... money range 100
House colors removed from unit textures, house color banners removed from the structures (except for the fortress)
Heroes are not revivable in tactical battles
Heroes mount their horses at lvl 1
The walls do not need the fortress to be built
The arrows do not pierce any building armor, the archers are unable to destroy any building (except for fire and silverthorn arrows of course)

** Men of the West **

Barracks build Archers and Rangers ; and may garrison 3 units (that cannot attack from inside)
Fortress builds Archers as well (I will possibly add other units also...)
Archery range removed
Blacksmith upgrades to fire arrows
Porter builds Gondor and Elven structures (I will see if I would be able to add some Rohan structures also)

Legolas and Gimli buildable at MotW Fortress (for skirmish, and for WotR)
Gimli's blue shine removed

** Elves **

Heroes mount their horses at lvl 1
Barracks build Lindon warriors and garrison 3 units (that cannot attack from inside)
The Lindon Warriors, who were Noldor-like in the original game, are changed to the BFME1 Rohan Elven Warriors, and are the unit I added to the living world map (with Gondor Ranger autoresolve values)...
The fortress does not have the ent expansion anymore

** Mordor **

Porter builds Mordor and Isengard structures

Orc Pit builds Goblin Fighters and Archers
Trollcage builds Cave Troll

======================================================

The following basic units are the ones I want to get to the game...

Gondor and Rohan : Gondor Pikemen (a bit stronger than the Rohan ones), Rohan Yeoman Archers (BFME1)
Mordor : Orc Pikemen

+ make the Arnor and Angmar (a selection) troops accessible to both sides (that won't be any problem I guess), make all units buildable in the living world map (including siege towers and the Grond)

I will remove the axe throwers (Dwarves and Dunland), because that's something I really don't like. The Dwarves would be very limited to some basic units and basic structures that would be placed on the living world map around Erebor, and would not be buildable, with a garrison army led by the king Dain.

I have to improve the special powers also, to have a good faction set and an evil faction set.

I will also think about removing the good side swordsmen and make the pikemen their basic infantry. A soldier with just a sword is not really convincing, there should be a pike or a bow. The basic elven infantry would then be the former Rohan Elven Warriors, the basic Gondor infantry the pikemen.

One of the most difficult things for me will probably be to change the Nazguls... in ROTWK there are, except for the WK and two Fellbeasts (Khamul and Morgomir), 6 black riders originally buildable from the siegeworks (?) - I moved them to the fortress... they are a very strong cavalry unit but nothing more, and the other three cannot join them.

MoS

PS a first experience for the SEE team, if you think to ever change the WotR, make not the new horde buttons from the buildingradialbuttons images with the alpha chanel showing the blue sky behind the figure, but the WOR_ version from the strategicimages with the alpha chanel showing the figure only ; on the living world map these icons serve as unit portraits and the sky behind the figure is not nice...

#49 ttandchotmail

ttandchotmail

title available

• Project Team
  • 849 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:24 AM

Sorry for lateness Mouth of Sauron :p

But great work :p I'll take note of this and once we have the evil men faction and the next beta and it's bugs dealt with I'll definately be breinging this up with the others :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:50 AM

Would you be interested in doing the adaptation for WotR mode when SEE is finished, and thus be the official WotR Coder for SEE? :)

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#51 Archon

Archon

Ethereal Chaos

• Members
  • 555 posts
  • Projects:Wars of Arda mod
  •  Expert Marksman

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:59 PM

I think Mouth of Sauron is gone, unfortunately. :)
_______Posted Image_______Posted Image

#52 Nazgûl

Nazgûl

S.E.E. Team Leader

• Hosted
  • 10,582 posts
  • Projects:BFME2 - Nazgûl's Special Extended Edition
  •  Veteran

Posted 06 October 2009 - 01:34 PM

Well, anyone that's gone could pop back up at any time... like me.. like Sul. You never know

// C}{riZpc_punch.gif
"Do not come between the Nazgûl and his mod!"
SEE_Banner_2008.jpg
SEE-Team_Leader.jpg
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I S.E.E. YOU! <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

#53 Mouth of Sauron

Mouth of Sauron

title available

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

True... I reappeared in winter for a few months, than I got a serious (de)motivation problem... you know it perhaps, one day you wake up, you open your files... and a few seconds later you are uninstalling the games, than you sit for a while, you say something like "ok, done", and it's finished. For a few months... than again you see a spot on TV, LotR trailer, you hear the music, you find a book and open it, and you get back in, you re-install the games, and if you were clever you find also your ancient modded files. I was not clever enough, so I don't have my renx files anymore, but I have my mod installed back.

I think I am back again, but just like said a year ago, my mod is now for the RotWK, simply because it offers better features for the WotR mode of the game, and a few other things. I am, of course, ready to support anyone who would try to improve the WotR for SEE with my experiences, and generally it is not very difficult to mod this part of the game and to put the units into it, build scenarios, etc.

I have just started, I have to remember the details, and work on concrete little projects to get fully back.

If there is anybody who plays the SEE and likes the WotR mode and would like to bring the SEE stuff into it and needs some help, ask your questions.

MoS

#54 jpkronos

jpkronos
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

Help me please all the heroes that I put they just can' t revive, I tried everything. I put correctly the CONTROLBARS RECRUIT, HOTKEY and REVIVE os str.ini, but they still keep missing after they die Why, am I Doing something wrong

Edited by jpkronos, 10 February 2013 - 10:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users