35 replies to this topic

#1 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts
  •  Learned student and studier of lore

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:32 PM

Hey all. :D I thought someone might be interested in seeing a screenshot I took in 1.06. I was pretty amazed that I managed to get something of this quality. It fully captures the beauty of RJ-ROTWK 1.06. Its Haldir surveying Combe Valley.

Posted Image

I wonder if you guys might want to use it as one of the smaller screen-caps that you put in the banners? I'd be proud of myself if you did. Even if not, I still like the screen cap. Haldir kicks ass. Enjoy!

Edited by Lord_Faramir, 14 March 2009 - 10:33 PM.

'The Twilight of Man is nigh, and coming ever closer. The days have shortened into cold, forlorn darkness and sunrise to sundown is a bitter struggle for survival. But do not think for a moment that we shall not fight. We shall not go quietly into the dusk. We shall not throw down arms and flee, or surrender. We will go on, we will not falter. And even should we die, we shall make an end that will be remembered for thousands of years. For beautiful Arnor that is, for glorious Númenor that was! We are the Dúnedain, we are the Men of the North, and our foes will remember our steel!'

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

My political compass: http://www.political...=1.62&soc=-4.56 (A lot has changed.)

#2 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:48 PM

Not bad! I have a few myself.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And lastly,

Posted Image

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#3 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:36 AM

Nice. I like the third one down, myself. :D Over-the-shoulder views are cool.

'The Twilight of Man is nigh, and coming ever closer. The days have shortened into cold, forlorn darkness and sunrise to sundown is a bitter struggle for survival. But do not think for a moment that we shall not fight. We shall not go quietly into the dusk. We shall not throw down arms and flee, or surrender. We will go on, we will not falter. And even should we die, we shall make an end that will be remembered for thousands of years. For beautiful Arnor that is, for glorious Númenor that was! We are the Dúnedain, we are the Men of the North, and our foes will remember our steel!'

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

My political compass: http://www.political...=1.62&soc=-4.56 (A lot has changed.)

#4 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:33 AM

It's almost like a 3rd-person game... :)
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#5 Dragonforce

Dragonforce
  • Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:29 AM

I have a couple of screens too, I'd should put them here somehow...
Posted Image Dragonforce
Posted Image

#6 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:34 AM

The last one of yours, yoda, makes it look like Boromir decided to take a nap on the battlefield. Personally, Lord_Faramir's shot is wallpaper quality.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Shikari

Shikari

Allons-y!

• Project Team
  • 1,327 posts
  • Projects:RJ - RotWK
  •  2D Art

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:21 AM

That first screen is great faramir, an impressive capture. I'd like to add that to our moddb gallery if that's ok with you?

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#8 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:57 AM

Me loves them all! So, Yoda, you could see everything we did?
Posted Image

#9 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:16 AM

Lovely work Lord_Faramir!

#10 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 03:15 PM

Now I'm much more proud of myself, seeing these reactions. Yay ego! :D

Feel free to do what you like with it. Thats what I was hoping for! I'm glad you all like the picture. I was afraid at first that it didn't capture, glad it did.

Edited by Lord_Faramir, 15 March 2009 - 03:23 PM.

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

#11 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:20 AM

I got a couple more a minute ago. Lets see how they turned out...I think they're pretty decent. Nothing as good as my first one though.

These focus on my favorite race in Lord of the Rings. Men. :D More specifically, Arnor, one of my all-time favorite factions.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Basically, its the Kings men welcoming him back into his citadel. (In the scene I plotted out in my mind anyways.) It was a real bitch to position the men. They kept wanting to run away. I would've prefered Arveleg, with the red surcoat-over-armor look, but he looks like crap. So I chose Arvedui. Arveleg needs his reskin soon :(

Edited by Lord_Faramir, 18 March 2009 - 12:21 AM.

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

#12 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:54 AM

Not bad, especially if you can photoshop all the 1s and the health bar out ;)

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#13 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:58 AM

I don't have photoshop, so I asked my girlfriend to do it. XD I actually really like these pictures. :D The organization and everything, thats what I like about Men. Its all orderly, all uniform. And plus, the armor and swords are cool. Arnor is the best, ftw, can't wait until they get their full reskins.

Edited by Lord_Faramir, 18 March 2009 - 01:12 AM.

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

#14 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 18 March 2009 - 05:10 PM

Ah, I tried to do something like that too, and I failed :p It's really hard to position them well :S
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#15 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 11:50 PM

Yes, it was really hard to position them but well worth it. :D Here are the pictures, bereft of 1s and health bars. Probably won't read this (since she doesn't play) but thanks for fixing it up Bri! Gotta give credit.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Lord_Faramir, 18 March 2009 - 11:51 PM.

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

#16 Vithar-133

Vithar-133

Violent Gandhi

• Project Team
  • 1,975 posts
  • Projects:Existing
  •  It's not your skill, boys. It's your will. Ooh-rah!

Posted 19 March 2009 - 12:22 AM

I see wallpapaer quality screens, there, my friend.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:28 AM

That's high-quality work... and yes, congratulations to your sister/girlfriend/random neighbor female. :good:
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#18 Captain of Arnor

Captain of Arnor

High-Captain of Arnor

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 02:20 AM

Girlfriend. And thanks, guys. Glad you like 'em! ~Thumbs up~

Formerly Lord_Faramir.

#19 *Ranger*

*Ranger*
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

I know there not the best but hay. The balrog one is my favorite

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by *Ranger*, 19 March 2009 - 05:02 PM.

#20 Wanderer∞

Wanderer∞

title available

• Members
  • 273 posts
  •  Movie Critic

Posted 19 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

I really like the first one!
Posted Image
How 'bout a magic trick?

"Never give up. Never surrender."
-Captain Jason Nesmith