#1 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 20 March 2009 - 11:57 AM

As you know, Wars of Arda is a mod led by Mordred that will concentrate on adding every era of Middle-earth into RotWK. However, we're having... ah, I'll just let the big man himself talk to you. He words it better than I do. ;)

Hi there everyone.

As you may know the War of the Ring era is now near enough done, including campaign and we are now just working on a last handful of skins, some map adjustments and a list of bugfixes that makes me want to hide from my PC.

The good news is that we are now one or two beta releases away from both a full featured public release, including campaign - can I get a WOOOHOOO!!! from someone? This also means that were almost ready to start work on the second era, The Fall of Arnor, for which extensive plans and a full (and rather good) story exist (courtesy of creative guru JEV).

The bad news is that our team is getting increasingly thin on the ground. The team currently consists of 4 main staff:

Myself - Coder and assorted other bits
JEV - Creative stuff (concept art, stories, tech trees etc)
EHL - Modeller/Skinner
Digi - Mapper

Plus some contributors that help us with assorted things.

And the really bad news is that were shortly going to lose Digi our master mapper fairly soon.

So I'm appealing now fro anyone with modding skills able to help us out. We are going to be needing as many of the following as we can get our hands on.

-Modellers and Skinners: I know this is an often repeated request but I cant stress how much we are going to need additional modellers and skinners, as there is just too much that needs making for one person to be able to handle it all themselves in any kind of reasonable timeframe.
-Mappers: Especiallt anyone with knowledge fo scripting. We still have a lot fo missions to make for the other eras, plus a wide assortment of new skirmish maps needed.
-Animators: This is the holy grail for us, if you can animate in 3D we could really use your help for some of our more unusual units (monsters and creatures for which we cant use existing skeletons and animations.
-Special Effects: While not strictly necessary for gameplay some new special power and other assorted special effects make a big difference the the atmosphere of the game, and anyone skilled in implementing particle effects would be most welcome.

And if you have other skills by all means please post here as well or contact me directly.

I look forward to hearing from any of you, and we shall be posting some cool new stuff soon.

Your benevolent Dreadlord,
Danny

(ps: i wish I could sign my work emails with that...)

So, even if you aren't sure of your expertise, drop by and show us what you've got!

Regards, IRS; S.F.A.

EDIT: Gotta get rid of that post link... :good:

Edited by ithilienranger732, 20 March 2009 - 11:59 AM.

BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users