#1 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 24 March 2009 - 06:12 PM

I'll come right out and say it, I don't know nearly as much about BSG as I should to write this with extremely little wiki help. This is some of what I do know, and it's about what you'll need to know too.

Key Terms:

Battlestar - Big gunship/carrier type starship. The Galactica is the last remaining battlestar from the fleet.
Raptor - Bomber-fighter with a crew of approximately 4 and additional transport space. Armed with nukes and guns.
Viper - Fighter/interceptor with a one-man crew. Guns and missiles, no nuke.
Cylon - A term which could either refer to a skinjob, defined below, or a Centurion, which is a large chrome plated robot with machine guns in their arms.
Skinjob - A cylon which doesn't look like a Centurion. There are eight skinjob models (the 1s 2s 3s 4s 5s 6s 7s and 8s, but the 7s were sabatoged and do not exist), and the Final Five (much more important, and also "humans" onboard the Galactica.) TBQH, I find this a bit confusing: Skinjobs have legit brains and hearts and organs. Until a point late in the series, all Skinjobs can be ressurected - if killed, an identical version with the same memories is born aboard a ressurection ship.
Basestar - The Cylon version of the Battlestar. It actually looks like a 4-pointed star, and heals itself because it is partly (artificially) organic.
Hera - The only known Cylon-Human hybrid.

===

There are 12 Human tribes and an unknown 13th called Earth. The humans create the Cylons, who then evolve and rebel, resulting in the Human-Cylon war. The Cylons nuke the human planets, so a few civilian ships along with the Galactica assemble a search-and-colonise mission to find the 13th colony/Earth.

In their half-hearted attempt to find Earth, they make random jumps to random places with the exceptions of a couple jumps which lead them to religious artifacts, which are retrieved by Kara Thrace a.k.a Starbuck, who is an exceptional Viper Pilot. Along the way, the Galactica fights several battles with Cylon base-stars, escaping.

The president, Laura Roslin, announces that her primary mission as president of the colonials is to find Earth. So: more random jumps, Galactica jumps into orbit around a gas giant. Starbuck and Lee Adama fly into the atmosphere chasing a Cylon bomber, and Kara/Starbuck goes after the Cylon even though it goes deeper into the atmosphere and Kara's Viper would be crushed by the pressure. She dissappears and Lee returns to the Galactica, mourning the loss of his best friend and almost-love-interest (even though she's married, the sparks are there all throughout the series and in multiple flashbacks.). The fleet mourns her loss.

Time warp, a few weeks. An unidentified Viper shows up on Galactica's radar (known as Draedis), claiming to be Kara Thrace. She is taken into custody and imprisoned. It does actually turn out to be Kara Thrace after the ship's doctor does a medical exam. She then claims to have been to Earth, and shows footage shot from her Viper that proves that she had been to Earth. The fleet suddenly gains hope, and Laura Roslin starts to get better - she had been afflicted with cancer since early in the journey.

Time warp, a month or two? The fleet finds Earth with the help of the Cylon rebels, who had barely made it out of an ambush only a few days before. Up until this point the Cylons had been a unified force, but now, the rebels aid the Galactica. The enemy of my enemy is my friend type thing. Several Raptors fly down to the surface only to find that Earth is a nuclear wasteland; further investigation by the Cylons show that the 13th tribe was Cylon. The fleet is dishearted and the Cylon rebels are angry. To gain the trust of the Cylons, Admiral Adama pilots the Galactica in a joint mission with the Rebels to destroy the Ressurection Hub, the big Cylon ship that makes ressurection possible.

The mission is successful and the Cylons no longer have ressurection. Some of the crew are upset that Adama would cooperate with the Cylons, however. This leads to an armed uprising on the Galactica...

Edited by Copaman, 25 March 2009 - 12:57 PM.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users