thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts
  • Projects:DoW AI Scripting Project
  • Division:DoW
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:15 PM

hehe.. its a fair bit of work to translate the UCS to another language. :p But yeah there is alot of DoW1 mod work going on here -- much more than most know. TS is about to be super-complemented with IronWarriors, DeathGuard, and Emperors Children (beta build going up tonight). Then there are the 3 SM chapter mods in beta plus other works so yeap we're getting it done.
Advanced Skirmish AI Team Lead for the coolest Warhammer40k PC RTS out there:

Dawn of War Advanced AI Headquarters

Latest DoW Advanced AI Download!

#22 Lord_Avatar

Lord_Avatar
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Projects:DoW, WA, DC and Soulstorm integrative language patch, Eldar Craftworlds Mod fluffhead.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:44 PM

hehe.. its a fair bit of work to translate the UCS to another language. :cool2:

Tell me about it. It took me over three months to put together a language patch for the whole DoW series (it got officialy released by the series' distributor :p) . And that was just a patch, meaning 80% of my work was improving upon a translation already done by somebody else, in order to make it fluffier, more lore-correct, well... simply better. Nevertheless, my proposition still stands - if you feel like doing it, let me know.
Posted Image

#23 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:50 PM

Sure man.. I think the TS' UCS is as final as it will be. 5 betas and pretty solid gameplay results from our testers we're pretty much code-frozen currently.

#24 Lord_Avatar

Lord_Avatar
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Projects:DoW, WA, DC and Soulstorm integrative language patch, Eldar Craftworlds Mod fluffhead.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

Sure man.. I think the TS' UCS is as final as it will be. 5 betas and pretty solid gameplay results from our testers we're pretty much code-frozen currently.

Mail me the goodies than. :p I'll take a look, give u some feedback and will attempt to estimate the amount of time I'll need to get it done properly.

archlord_avatar@poczta.onet.pl

Anytime you're ready.

Edited by Lord_Avatar, 01 September 2009 - 06:06 PM.

Posted Image

#25 Lord_Avatar

Lord_Avatar
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:20 PM

Sure man..

So uhm... are we doing this? I'm not pushing you, just wanted to know. :w00t:

Edited by Lord_Avatar, 02 September 2009 - 02:20 PM.

Posted Image

#26 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:21 PM

Indeed. I'll send you an email shortly.

#27 Lord_Avatar

Lord_Avatar
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:16 PM

Indeed. I'll send you an email shortly.

Roger dodger. :w00t:
Posted Image

#28 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:22 PM

Hello i been trying to find te thousons sons mod team for awhile now i was in the orgnal fourms then it was moved then it was moved again and i could not find it till now and i been waiting for atlest years for this mod to come out then every one thought it dead i am sooo happy its still alive. good jobing mitgas and thudo :)

#29 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:27 PM

Thanks man.. yep we're moving..

#30 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 05:59 PM

so how much long do you think cuz if this is out before choas rising is out i wont even buy chaos rising cuz thousand sons are my fav. :thumbsupsmiley:

#31 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:12 PM

so how much long do you think cuz if this is out before choas rising is out i wont even buy chaos rising cuz thousand sons are my fav. :thumbsupsmiley:

Can we get a short video of what work you gys got done i remember the other fourms gave us the termys. loc. walking like we we get some updates on how the progress is pease.:D

#32 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:18 PM

Well the slowest part of most DoW1 projects is the 3d. In under a year, we took the TS project from years of stagnation to a full fledged releasable build with 9+ months of solid beta testing from the team. Regrettably, the 3d side of it hasn't progressed much except Mit, DrGrim, and Wereturip have done work in the background but nothing yet is in-game. DrGrim is almost done with the remaining buildings although Mit is still busy with RL to do his god-like textures so we wait on him.

I can only ask so much from the 3d team to move things forward but these guys give up themselves freely for such peace-meal work.

#33 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:21 PM

Well the slowest part of most DoW1 projects is the 3d. In under a year, we took the TS project from years of stagnation to a full fledged releasable build with 9+ months of solid beta testing from the team. Regrettably, the 3d side of it hasn't progressed much except Mit, DrGrim, and Wereturip have done work in the background but nothing yet is in-game. DrGrim is almost done with the remaining buildings although Mit is still busy with RL to do his god-like textures so we wait on him.

I can only ask so much from the 3d team to move things forward but these guys give up themselves freely for such peace-meal work.

O ya i remember mitgas been busy alot cuz of RL. i cant wait so if you could guess how long it would be would you say 2-3 months or is there going to be a mini mod for it? like you guys were talking about in the last fourms.

#34 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:27 PM

No this is a full fledged faction mod and tested to the teeth to be as such. We had enough talent in our new reinvigorated team to see that thru last year and now its realized. We've had 9+ months of solid testing to the effect so we're more than confident at this point that TS can be a full faction mod.

#35 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

O hell ya so it will be its own faction i am soooooooo freaking exicted my spelling is bad sorry.... i cant wait i cant wait i LOVE thousands sons if i can help in any way let me know. thank you so much TS mod team and you guys mitgas and thudo. YES!

#36 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:36 PM

Thanks for the morale boost. Whole team used the old assets to the tee and looks to add the new stuff hopefully soon.

#37 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:43 PM

Thanks for the morale boost. Whole team used the old assets to the tee and looks to add the new stuff hopefully soon.

PLease make the powers not lke FoK the chaos sorc. move with te 5 black energy balls i got FoK to play the Thousands sons and they just made rublic marines and took the sorc. moves all ready in the game and the demon prices was the same it was soo lame i like what they did with black temp. and tem but they made thousands sons like crap. i am sick of THQ using khorne as the god over and over and over let thousand sons have some light so please make all the power unqie and every thing. gj so far tho :thumbsupsmiley: loving it

#38 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:46 PM

Well we're different don't worry.. Pretty much Tzeentch-approved :thumbsupsmiley:

#39 Oblivion

Oblivion
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:53 PM

Well we're different don't worry.. Pretty much Tzeentch-approved :thumbsupsmiley:

That what i want to hear keep up the good work. man so how long till its all ready so go?

#40 thudo

thudo

Wacko AI Guy!

• Division Leaders
  • 12,164 posts

Posted 26 October 2009 - 06:59 PM

Undetermined right now. We'd like to get most 3d assets and voices in-game but we're still lacking some Tzeentch voice scripts for some units.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users