Photo

woo, preview!

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Brother-Captain Vesuvious

Brother-Captain Vesuvious
  • Project Team
  • 248 posts
  • Projects:Dark Angels mod for DoW:SS and UltraMarines mod Modling and Texture for both. UV unwrapping for BFG mod, and my own little project

Posted 04 April 2009 - 02:25 AM

click on it for bigger pics, this is the Master of the Deathwing without a texture update.

Attached Thumbnails

• advanced_MoDW.jpg

Glory to the Emperor, Death to the Fallen.

When out of bullets, i often find that throwing rocks/bricks is a great alternative.

#2 ravenmorpheus

ravenmorpheus

Dark Angels mod code monkey and minor texture artist

• Project Team
  • 763 posts
  • Projects:DoW Soulstorm Wargear mod for Skirmish/Singleplayer And Dark Angels full race mod

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

Nice, can you zoom in when you take the renders and do a couple of shots from other sides? And er what are those grey bits sticking out of his back?

Also I thought it was agreed that the "cape" on his back should be dropped? Or is that gonna get animated so it looks better?

Retired DoW modder.  Retired gMotor2 racing sim modder. Dark Angel Within, Dark Angel Without, Forever Dark Angel.

#3 Brother-Captain Vesuvious

• Project Team
  • 248 posts
  • Projects:Dark Angels mod for DoW:SS and UltraMarines mod Modling and Texture for both. UV unwrapping for BFG mod, and my own little project

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:00 AM

the gray sticking out of his back are my "new" vents so the cape wouldnt make the suit overheat.

When out of bullets, i often find that throwing rocks/bricks is a great alternative.

#4 llShadowll

llShadowll
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:27 AM

hehe....vents :good: although, i honestly have no idea how a cape can overheat...?

care to shed some light on this subject? HMM? :tongevil:

i DO love the model though =]

#5 Brother-Captain Vesuvious

• Project Team
  • 248 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 06:21 PM

If you put tha cape on the back of a standard terminator it would block the cooling vents on the armors back and it would overheat and cook the marine inside. I worked out a more "archaic" vent style to avoid this.

#6 llShadowll

llShadowll
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 09:55 PM

oh yeah O.O never thought of it that way :)

wouldnt like a cool looking dead marine O: hehe....ima try to kill him, see what happens :crazed:

#7 Brother-Captain Vesuvious

• Project Team
  • 248 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:06 PM

you will be utterly completely PWNED

#8 Chaplain261

Chaplain261
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:05 PM

It looks impressive man, can't wait to see more pics.

#9 Galactic Executor

Galactic Executor
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 24 June 2010 - 02:53 PM

Looks great, especially the shield. Can you enlarge it a little and add more details on the armor?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users