Inn Factions

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Bengamey

Bengamey
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:01 PM

I think it's not the main priority. The campaign and main faction should go first. But here is what imo should be the Inn allies of each factions. (Of course keep the system where you can make only one alliance)

GOOD

GONDOR:
- Southern Fiefdom: just keep it how it is
- Rohan : If you want to be able to get some more cavalry
- Grey Company : If you want to focus on stealth and get Halbarath Elladan and Elrohir

ROHAN:
- Westfold: stronger infantry
- Wose: stealth, great vision range and poison
- Lorien: Some more bows (and because of the movies)
- Grey Company

DWARVES:
- Mirkwood: stealthed archer would be a surprise with dwarves
- Beornings: men of the woods and bear shape-shift and maybe Radagast
- Dale: You don't have to pay anything to forge the alliance and you can get dale swordman and bowman, the esgaroth skirmisher and maybe a cavalry unit (but keep dale units without cavalry in the main faction)

ElVES:
- Grey company
- Beornings
- Lindon

ARNOR:
-Cardolan
-Gondor

EVIL

ISENGARD:
- Misty mountains goblins : cheap alliance with cheap but numerous units
- Dunland : Don't pay to make the alliance, the inn become a dunlending tavern (but keep the man from dunland also in the main faction)
- Minas Morgul : orcs from minas morgul and maybe a nazgul on a fell beast for really upgraded alliance
- Istari Domination : A very expensive one that allow you to bring to your side the other Istaris because Saruman managed to break their mind.

MORDOR:
- Rhun
- Harad
- Isengard

MISTY MOUNTAINS GOBLIN:
(first of all I want to say I think this faction should be reworked by removing half trolls and spiders and adding wolves, wolf riders and maybe a wolf heroe instead because of the battle of five armies. Also add goblins drums that comes in small groups and gives leadership. Goblins would then became a faction with weak but very numerous infantry, medium strength cavalry, fair strong cave trolls and mountain giants (mountain giants should be toned down) and above all over-powerfull but very very expensive (or spammable with late-game powers) monsters: Dragons,Drakes, Balrogs, wirm, watcher... then their weakness beeing having few mid-game units )
-Black Forest: spiders and what's left from Dol Guldur
-Gundabad Orcs: Strong Orcs from the north with Snow Trolls
- maybe Dunland?

MEN OF THE EAST:
- Khand
- Umbar
- Far Harad With half-trolls wich are in fact strong and huge black-skinned humans that gondor folks believe to have Troll blood
- Mordor

ANGMAR:
Actually I don"t really know

#2 Dunedain Lord

Dunedain Lord
  • Members
  • 195 posts
  • Projects:beating Yoda

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:23 AM

grey company is unfair
that means u auto get these elite dunedain rangers..........not fair with the evil side inn factions
unbalances it.......alot
istari aliance? wicked cool, but really lame.
its pretty retarded to get all five wizards together which could destroy a crapload with an.......inn
and whats the point of having lorien alliance with rohan? they have elven warriors u know already.......

On the pretty side, i love the ideas.

Edited by Dunedain Lord, 10 April 2009 - 01:25 AM.

"Now, men of Arnor. Let us restore the glory of the Dunedain! To battle, and victory!" King Argeleb

#3 Bengamey

Bengamey
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:10 AM

grey company is unfair
that means u auto get these elite dunedain rangers..........not fair with the evil side inn factions
unbalances it.......alot

I don't think so! If the alliance is more expensive and take more time to upgrade.
1-> you have to take an inn
2-> you have to pay I don't know maybe 2000 to make the upgrade and wait longer than for other faction
3-> 1st level maybe just have a spies in group of three with very large vision range and stealth but quite weak while fighting ( I think ranger from the north have many eyes that keep them informed and that are not dunedain rangers themselves)
2nd level Then only can you have the rangers
3rd level Mounted rangers, maybe some fighter that can toggle beetween short spears and sword and banner carrier upgrade
4th level Rivendell elite rider and fire arrow
5th level Dunadain captain and Halbarad
6th level Elrohir and Elladan

So it's a very different mechanism than the Southern fiefdom. It doesn't provide you early game fighter in fact at the very beggining it is a pain because it is expensive and takes a lot of time.
And of course when I said Southern fiefdom was cool as it was. I meant add some heroes but it was already on schedulde I think

On the contrary an alliance with goblins for Isengard should cost only 400 and take less time to make and you should have goblin fighters and archers since the 1st level of the Inn and with some cave trolls and stuff like that they may not be so weak

istari aliance? wicked cool, but really lame.
its pretty retarded to get all five wizards together which could destroy a crapload with an.......inn

Yeah it's quite an odd idea I add but I though it would be fun. It would be like having those kind of insane alliance if you are willing to pay 20 000 and then
pay each of th Istari

and whats the point of having lorien alliance with rohan? they have elven warriors u know already.......

I myself don't like elves beeing in Rohan main faction. They are not long time friends, Lorien came only one time to rescue Rohan and only in the movies. But I think I'm in minority and If keeping elves in Rohan is the decision of RJ then so be it.

On the pretty side, i love the ideas.

Thanks

#4 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:21 AM

These ideas sure are intresting, but perhaps Gondor could get as an Inn faction, Ithillien. They'd mainly be stealth swordsmen and archers, and a cavalry scout unit, because several of the Rangers were trained to ride on horseback, you see them retreating with the Gondorians in RotK, when Faramir's army is pursued by the Nazgul. They Dunedain Rangers would be stealthed, but tend to lean towards close combat, unlike their Ithillien cousins.

Isengard shouldn't have a Minas Morgul alliance option, because that would just OP Isengard, and it would look wrong, Fell Beasts in Isengard. ^_^ . Just as well the other alliance option could be Ruffians, the men who were with Saruman when he took over the Shire, they would be mainly about weakening the enemy with debuff abilities, stealing their resources, spying on them, and cheap Ruffian hordes.]

Angmar could have Dol Guldur and Gundabad as Inn factions.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#5 Bengamey

Bengamey
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:42 AM

I agree even if it will be difficult to differenciate dunedains ranger and ithilien. Maybe have the forbidden pool buildable for Gondor only if you make an alliance with Ithilien.

#6 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:24 PM

Gondor can already build the forbidden pool. It's a WIP button on the builder's palantir. ^_^
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#7 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 10 April 2009 - 02:46 PM

I agree even if it will be difficult to differenciate dunedains ranger and ithilien. Maybe have the forbidden pool buildable for Gondor only if you make an alliance with Ithilien.

Read closer IR ^_^

Though, I disagree. It's getting too close to minifactions and Ithilien is a large part of gondor, what happens if you're on a map with no inns?

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#8 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:15 PM

Imo, Forbidden Pool should disappear... It's not needed (you can already train the archers at the archery range, and the swordsmen are not needed), it's impossible to build on crowded maps, and it doesn't make any sense... Why would Gondor BUILD a large rock with a waterfall somewhere on the map? ^_^
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#9 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:16 PM

It wont take as much space version, rangers are discounted, and you will be able to get ranger spearmen next version ^_^

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#10 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:19 PM

Why is there a need of ranger spearman? Gondor already has the two types of spearman, no need for a third imo.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#11 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:20 PM

Stealthed....and who knows, maybe the basics will get the boot? ^_^

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#12 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:22 PM

That'll make the Gondor faction kinda imba... Not only that, it also takes away the uniqueness of the factions. Imo, Lórien or Mirkwood should get the stealthed spearmen.

#13 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 10 April 2009 - 03:26 PM

Stealth hardly even matters in the game right now...and elves are not the only people who can stealth.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#14 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:15 PM

True, but it does make them unique. And something isn't unique when Gondor has it too ^_^

#15 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

- Istari Domination : A very expensive one that allow you to bring to your side the other Istaris because Saruman managed to break their mind.

Does this abide by lore?

#16 Bengamey

Bengamey
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:39 PM

Saruman tried to make other Istaris join the forces of Sauron but he failed. Radagast at first didn't realised what was happening. Saruman made him gather information in order to give them to Sauron. He aimed at slowly corrupting Radagast. He also tried to get Gandalf come to his side but Gandalf rebelled. For the blue wizard we don't known if they were corrupted or not. Even if he failed we can imagine what would happen if he managed to reach is goal.

#17 Wanderer∞

Wanderer∞

title available

• Members
  • 273 posts
  •  Movie Critic

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:11 PM

I'd have to disagree with the istari alliance. It really doesn't make much sense lore wise, even if Saruman did try to corrupt them. Radagast was just clueless from the beginning and quickly failed in the mission to be aid to men and basically isolated himself with nature. He rarely dealt with the affairs of the land so I doubt he would even consider Saruman's offer for alliance, hence why it didn't follow trough. Gandalf is just awesome so he wouldn't be corrupted and never failed his mission hence why he was allowed to travel back across the sea. The blue wizards traveled into the east and were never heard from again. It is unlikely the Saruman attempted to contact them and even if he did, it is even more unlikely that he would have found them. So IMO the istari alliance would not work. As for the rest, I think it could work!
Posted Image
How 'bout a magic trick?

"Never give up. Never surrender."
-Captain Jason Nesmith

#18 Bengamey

Bengamey
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 10:43 PM

OK, It was only a proposal I thought it would be original even if a little bit far from lore.

#19 shadowcreature

shadowcreature

title available

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  RJ-Bug Hunter

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:48 PM

It wont take as much space version, rangers are discounted, and you will be able to get ranger spearmen next version :p

Actually, Rangers are still the same price in the hideout as in the Archery Range. :rolleyes:

#20 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:54 PM

Are you sure about that? :/

yodasig2.png
My political compass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users