• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:44 AM

Well I thought i would start this thread since it isn't up yet. Basically same applies for the Gundam 00 thread (hopefully with less debating and fighting).

Well I just finished episode 2. All it was is basically a recap of the elric brothers past. Nothing special really. One thing i noticed though was how Xing was already mentioned. Can't wait until they get further into that plot.

Episode 3 looks like a redo of the Lior plot. Btw wasnt Lior supposed to be in a middle of a desert?

Edited by Re4_wesker, 14 April 2009 - 03:45 AM.

#2 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:08 PM

Well, of course this is going to be a recap, this is a remake of the original series.

I think you might you approaching this show with the wrong attitude lol.

As for the show itself, so far so good, animation is superb, just as I would expect from Bones. one thing though, why are Ed and Al's hair outlined so weird? it just.....really stands out. lol
{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

#3 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 09:19 PM

Well, of course this is going to be a recap, this is a remake of the original series.

I think you might you approaching this show with the wrong attitude lol.

As for the show itself, so far so good, animation is superb, just as I would expect from Bones. one thing though, why are Ed and Al's hair outlined so weird? it just.....really stands out. lol

crusader you misunderstand. i enjoy fma. in fact i would go as far as to say its one of my favourite anime/manga. im just saying that ep 2 was a recap (literally). It was literally a recap as to what happened to ed and al in the past. im not saying thats a bad thing im just saying it is.

anyways like i said looks like next episode is going to be lior. something i may get around to doing is comparing the one from the first series to the second series. it would be cool to see the animation difference between some of the scenes.

edit: i love the opening song..... i must have it..... anyone know the name?

Edited by Re4_wesker, 15 April 2009 - 01:02 AM.

#4 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:07 AM

I despise the fact that they touted this as a faithful manga adaptation while it's anything but.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#5 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 11:07 PM

I despise the fact that they touted this as a faithful manga adaptation while it's anything but.

The first episode was not a part of the manga in any way. The only reason for this i can come up with is that they didn't want to start off the new series in the exact same way they started the first series. even so they introduced hughes, and armstrong early which will probably cause reprucussions (later episodes will be different then the manga as well). Also in episode two they revealed certain aspects about the transmutation (Truth being one of them) earlier then in the manga. Im not sure that will have a significant plot changing thing though.

Really what they should have said is that the new series will follow the manga to a point. Certain minor events may be different but the important events and the overall ending will stay the same.

Even though it isn't completely an adaptation i don't dislike or hate it. Right now i like it. As long as they don't do what they did with the previous series and continue going with the manga story i will be happy.

Anyways i can't wait until some of the manga only characters show up such as Lin Yao.

#6 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:02 AM

Ah, I see, sorry about that.

Anyways, forget wether this is faithful to the manga or not, this is so far better than the original series, in pacing and story-setup. I dont like the fact that some series pulls random people out of their ass and have a small arc about these people. this is a bit better so far in that most people are introduced, which is actually better story-telling, sort of.
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#7 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:54 AM

Still doesn't change the fact that they touted it as a faithful adaptation months in advance and deliver "this".

I've become incredibly apathetic to this series and i've moved on to 07-Ghost and Devil Kings.

I'll probably archive and come watch it later, but i'm not that fussed to watch it like I was with the first series.

Posted Image

#8 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:02 PM

Still doesn't change the fact that they touted it as a faithful adaptation months in advance and deliver "this".

I've become incredibly apathetic to this series and i've moved on to 07-Ghost and Devil Kings.

I'll probably archive and come watch it later, but i'm not that fussed to watch it like I was with the first series.

u may as well wait a while. at the rate its taking for episodes to be subbed it would probably be better to wait so some when u get back to it a lot more are out.

Edited by Re4_wesker, 16 April 2009 - 11:03 PM.

#9 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:27 PM

hate to double post....

anyways just finished ep 3.

after this one im certain it is not going to be 100% true to the manga. again thats not saying i don't like it. its actually not half bad.

i noticed that cornello seemed more evil and corrupt in this one then both the manga and the previous anime. I laughed when he got clobbered by Ed though.

#10 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:44 AM

I SWEAR TO GOD IF I HEAR THE TERM "DEVIL KINGS" AGAIN SOMEONE WILL DIE!!!

It's called Sengoku Basara, call it Basara if you want.

That game, the 'adapted version', has so many changed elements it should not even exist. for god's sake this is worse than the Macross-Robotech thing.

Edit: Also, 07-Chost has potential, along with Asura Cryin. Basquash is pretty good so far, being a very fresh idea in concept and execution. FMA as a new series is pretty good, and I do enjoy the more compact and faster-paced story-telling so far.

Edited by Crusader, 21 April 2009 - 01:47 AM.

{SNIP -Mastermind}

#11 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 22 April 2009 - 10:55 AM

Show doesnt have to be a faithful adaptation to be good. So what if its not.
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#12 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:58 AM

plz read topic.

It's not that it's not faithful, it's that it was billed as faithful, so there was the expectation of it being faithful, of which it was not.

Posted Image

#13 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 11:35 PM

I already said that it doesnt matter to me if it's a adaptation or not and why. I tend to agree with SG however about how they claimed this series would be faithful to the manga. Im not mad because it isn't a faithful adaptation im mad because they said it would be. Still though im gonna watch it .So far it's going well to.

btw this is basically just a question to everyone. What manga only character are you looking forward to seeing in the new series the most? Mine is Lin Yao.

#14 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:19 AM

well i just watched episode 4. this was one of those episodes i would have preffered not to watch again. dont get me wrong it was good but the plot with tucker and nina is really tragic and sad everytime i watch it. Glad to see that creep was killed of by Scar so we won't be seeing him again (i hated how he became a chimera in the 1st series).

On a side note the plot with Yoki and the minners was turned into only a mentioning. Hopefully though they don't just leave it at that and Yoki stays in the plot lol.

I also got a laugh at how state alchemist Grans bought it incredibly fast unlike the 1st series.

This episode for the most part was accurate to the manga. Sure it was sad but i was good.

Ep5: This one was 100% accurate to the manga. Scar completely clobbered Ed and Al.
Ep6: Well they went back to Resembool for repairs. Again it's pretty accurate.

Edited by Re4_wesker, 15 May 2009 - 01:13 AM.

#15 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 23 May 2009 - 03:00 AM

No actually, faithful is what we labeled it as. If you can find somewhere that someone said so in japanese...then i'll give in. The way i see it, its not being faithful at the moment so it can speed up and rush through stuff it already showed in the 1st series. So using a less strong phrase, its just following the manga where the 1st didnt. Being accurate has little to do with it...the storyline hasnt changed because of minor details right?
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#16 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:24 AM

No actually, faithful is what we labeled it as. If you can find somewhere that someone said so in japanese...then i'll give in. The way i see it, its not being faithful at the moment so it can speed up and rush through stuff it already showed in the 1st series. So using a less strong phrase, its just following the manga where the 1st didnt. Being accurate has little to do with it...the storyline hasnt changed because of minor details right?

well they took out plots that were both in the manga and the first anime and turned them into small mentionings. when you look at the first series it was pretty much the same for the first bit. however even then they had filler episodes (which are common in many anime based off manga) and there were several instances where events happened differently in the anime then manga (tucker is "supposedly" killed by a firing squad in series 1 but in the manga was killed by scar). those instances were corrected in this series so far. then again they tend to do this with this series as well (cornello turns into a creature and attacks ed) .

that being said its more of a "retelling" of the first series except they are following the manga instead of branching off. so its faithful to a point but not 100% accurate. i don't really mind that so far but i will point out that they do seem to be rushing in this one. you would want to have knowledge of fma before watching this one due to this.

Edited by Re4_wesker, 25 May 2009 - 01:26 AM.

#17 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:31 AM

well i stopped watching this for a while and i've finally gotten back to watching it. I'm on episode 10 and it looks like its gonna start getting into some new stuff now. It still isn't at the point where it's story completely branches off from the previous anime but its getting closer and closer.

#18 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 05 August 2009 - 01:53 PM

Seen all episodes as of yet. Pretty damn good. Started out a bit repetitive, but once you got into the juicy parts and the new storyline it turned awesome. the first intro song was the best though...

Are they going to wrap this series up in one season?

edit: also, this place was dug down deep, wouldn't it have been better to discuss anime and the likes in the media discussion branch of Revora? :p

Edited by duke_Qa, 05 August 2009 - 01:56 PM.

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#19 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

edit: also, this place was dug down deep, wouldn't it have been better to discuss anime and the likes in the media discussion branch of Revora? :p

While anyone can jump in, we wanted it to be mainly just discussions within our community.

All four or five of us XD

Edited by Stargazer, 05 August 2009 - 04:48 PM.

Posted Image

#20 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 02:29 AM

Are they going to wrap this series up in one season?

why what part are they at? I've been reading the manga so i'm way ahead. I could figure out how much longer the series will go by what they are at now.

edit- i'll be watching some more so i'll catch up pretty soon. I can make a judgement on how much longer the series will last from there.

edit2- i'm now on episode 15 and the story has finally branched off completely. Hurray Lin Yao has made his grand appearance. XD

Edited by Re4_wesker, 10 August 2009 - 07:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users