56 replies to this topic

#21 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts
  • Projects:Beta Testing RJ-RotWK

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:59 PM

so literally nothing happens? the normal game doesnt start, there's no error message displayed, nothing like that?

the vanilla game worked for you right?

alright, i think i have an idea:
check your game folder to see if the game executable has the same name, i.e. if it is called 'lotrbfme2ep1.exe'
if it does have the same name, then i would suggest making a copy of your normal game shortcut and simply adding '-mod "C:\RJ_RotWK_1_06"' to the end of the target line.

good luck!

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#22 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:28 PM

And check the install paths :) I believe you get an error because you've installed a non-english version of the game, so the paths are different. To correct this, just follow Dalf's instructions or install the English version of the game.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#23 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2010 - 01:58 PM

i cant unrar the hall archive on drive C it block the last files that aren't in the folder...RJ...may i use new folder on drive C does it work or... ?

#24 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:05 PM

if i use new folder on drive C everything is done but the shortcut RJ_RotWK starts the game in normal mode there is nothing new ... :( what can i do

#25 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

extract the mod directly to the C:\ drive, dont put it in another folder or anything first.

"A wizard is never late, nor is he early; he arrives precisely when he means to."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#26 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2010 - 02:28 PM

I found probably reason of errors, some sites have this mod packed in doubled catalogues f.e C:\rj_rotwk_1_06\rj_rotwk_1_06 if it's like that just unpack mod to one folder,or change the target line. Size of letters also matters - just check every differents between your names of folder and all differences between instructions of installation and that what u can find after unpacking RJmod.
Sorry for my english.:p

#27 Guest_Guest Durin_*

Guest_Guest Durin_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:59 AM

Hi i have the same problem.
I have installed the mod on this path C:\Program Files\Aufstieg des Hexenkönigs\RJ_RotWK_1_06(yes im german :p )
But the mod is not running just the game with the addon.
What have i done wrong?
And where i can find the shortcut?
Sorry for my very bad english. :)

#28 man_of_gondor

man_of_gondor
  • Members
  • 219 posts
  • Projects:BFA - Beta Tester, helping people installing mods.

Posted 20 February 2010 - 03:32 PM

You must not instal it on that path. When downloaded take the RJ_ROTWK_1_06 folder and extract it directly to you c drive. It should be C:\RJ_RotWK_1_06. After that just run the RJ-ROTWK shortcut. An other way to create a shorcut is to copy youre main ROTWK shortcut and past it to your desktop. Then right-click on the new shortcut. Press properties. You see 2 lines where you can fill in the path. In English it is Target and Start in. You must go to target and after the end you press space then fills in -mod. after that another space. Than you fill in this: C:\RJ_R0tWK_1_06. Youre target line should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod C:\RJ_RotWK_1_06

IN the case of guest Durin youre shortcut should look different because it is in german. But you do the same, after the target line put this: -mod C:\RJ_RotWK_1_06

I hope this helps you

Men of Gondor

BTW: Great mod :)

Edited by man_of_gondor, 20 February 2010 - 03:33 PM.

#29 Guest_Guest Durin_*

Guest_Guest Durin_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:22 PM

Thx for your answer men of gondor.
The mod is at last running.
But i have a new problem. ;) , if i would played the campaign
suddenly it was all red! Why is this so? What have i done wrong,
or is this normal?
Thanks beforehand.

BTW the mod is really good.

PS:Sorry again for my bad english.

#30 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:54 PM

Turn your shadow settings down, it'll fix it.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#31 Guest_Guest Durin_*

Guest_Guest Durin_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:55 PM

Ah thanks for the tip, but is it normal for the evil campaign
no tasks are present? And include the 2 campaigns so each
only 2 missions? But otherwise a class-mod.
What I wanted to ask you, there is the mod translated also into German?
Thanks again for the answer is dan the last one. :p

#32 man_of_gondor

man_of_gondor
  • Members
  • 219 posts
  • Projects:BFA - Beta Tester, helping people installing mods.

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

By me the evil campain has no tasks too and there are only 2 levels because this is a beta not a finished. They are working on the mod at the moment (i hope) :p

#33 Dalf32

Dalf32

The Ever-Willing

• Project Team
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:14 PM

the full campaign (what has been done so far at least) is not accessible from the normal campaign menu. instead you need to go to the war of the ring and select the RJ Scenario. make sure your faction is gondor and enjoy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 Guest_Raymond_*

Guest_Raymond_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

THANK YOU i finally got it to work, amazing!!! :shiftee2:

once you download the .rar file, you need to extract it to the C:\ drive. it shouldnt go into any other folder, just the root directory of the C:\ drive.
then you just need to move the shortcut that was in the .rar file (should be right next to the actual mod folder in your C:\ drive) to wherever you want it

now if your game isnt installed in the default directory (C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king) then you will need to right click on the shortcut that you moved from the C:\ drive and go to properties
once in properties, go to the shortcut tab
from here you will need to change the 'Target' line to read: "Directory of your game\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\RJ_RotWK"
the 'Start in' line will also need to be changed to read: "Directory of your game"

you were little vague, so i hope this covers the issues you were having.

#35 Imdrar

Imdrar

The Dark Apprentice

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Projects:Tol-in-Gaurhoth
  •  Villain On Demand

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:30 AM

What I wanted to ask you, there is the mod translated also into German?

:shiftee2:

That would be much of a task. :D
But if you're using the german version of the game, your audio stuff should still be in german.

Defender of the Lawful Evil

Posted Image

#36 killer903201

killer903201
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 01:59 PM

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king
i coppied the file directly into that
target: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king\lotrbfme2ep1.exe" -mod "C:\RJ_RotWK_1_06"
start in: "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Lord of the Rings, The Rise of the Witch-king"
it wont even start, it just says insert CD!! I use the EADM version, because i couldnt find the game every where. when i downloaded this file: http://lordofthering...l_English;78502 to update the game BUT i wont update, adn somesay i need to update the game through EADM but i cant find the tab wich holds the updates adn yes i have checked every thing i just want to play this game i heard and saw great things about it

#37 killer903201

killer903201
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 02:18 PM

oke now i cant even start up the vanilla rotwk now it also says insert CD just plz help me got EADM cant find update had another post just it did work bk than somehow but the campain didnt work and some units were invis etc

#38 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 18 December 2010 - 09:40 PM

You can find the patch of the download version game here. :p

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#39 Guest_Guest_killer903201_*_*

Guest_Guest_killer903201_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:16 AM

ty ill try, :p i also uninstalled it cuze i suddenly couldnt play it after i tried the mod, it kept asking for the CD ;) wich i dont have cuze of the EADM version. was to, lazy to log in btw

#40 Guest_Guest_killer903201_*_*

Guest_Guest_killer903201_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:19 AM

erm prob shame on me but i donwloaded it and well i got the file and i have absolutly no clue what to do now should have waited with posting the previous one i know sorry, but what do i have to do with that file i cant unpack it i checked that so plz help :p

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users