• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 Eärendur

Eärendur

The last High-King of Arnor.

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:14 AM

The reason I created this topic is so that people could post their ideas about how Arnor should be changed in the future.
The rules for this topic are:
1. No arguing with other posters over what they posted (this topic is to post ideas only).
2. No posting your ideas multiple times to try to get your point across.
And 3. No fowl language.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 06:59 AM

Apart from the addition of an MMH and a standard elite unit, perhaps the Arnor soldiers and Archers could get an overall buff, and possibly a batallion size decrease, something like five units per batallion.

Arvedui gets a mount, and possibly an ability 'Summon Royal Knights', summons four batallions of Arnor knights, exclusive to the faction, stronger but a lot slower than Rivendell Cavalry.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#3 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:25 PM

Yeah, one of the kings needs to have a horse. I think the current Arnor soldier/archer battalion size is fine where it is.
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#4 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:01 PM

Apart from the addition of an MMH and a standard elite unit, perhaps the Arnor soldiers and Archers could get an overall buff, and possibly a batallion size decrease, something like five units per batallion.

Arvedui gets a mount, and possibly an ability 'Summon Royal Knights', summons four batallions of Arnor knights, exclusive to the faction, stronger but a lot slower than Rivendell Cavalry.

I'd go for something along those lines :p
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

#5 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:37 PM

revamp revamp revamp revamp

#6 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:58 PM

Please explain, no more of this monkey business

Posted Image

#7 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:18 PM

Just have a 'Host of the West' faction which would be Arnor's last days. The last veteran remnants of Arnor's Soldiers making a strong infantry base with Mithlond pikemen, Rivendell cavalry and Gondorian archery and siege weapons finishing up the layout. Heroes would be Arveleg and Aranarth, Earnur and Glorfindel. Cirdan, Elrond, and Galadriel just sent aid, they didn't actually march to war themselves. Just make some Evenstar powers to represent that - ie, 'Blessings of the Havens: Passive Stat Boost' et cetera.

Hmm... let's see. For units they should have Arnor infantry and archers (the infantry have cloaks and using the Boromir_skl). The 'subfaction' buildings can be kept, and would recruit the above heroes at each - Glorfindel at the Elven Outpost and Aranarth at the Ranger Camp. Earnur can be recruited from the Fortress just like Arvedui, after purchasing a power that unlocks him and Gondor cavalry (which would be randomized Knights and Rhovanion horsemen), as well as Gondor warships. The Elves could be represented in the Mithlond units currently ingame, as well as in Evenstar powers like I mentioned above.

#8 Anri1

Anri1
  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 04:25 PM

I and 10 people from 16 would like to see the Dunadain Rangers having a toggle and health encriese to 350-400(maybe 370 becouse we have 5 votes for 400 and 4 votes for 350 ). Would be nice if not egnored. :p
"Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails…. When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day! An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down. But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth I bid you stand, Men of the West!"-King Ellessar

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

http://us.mnzeo.2y.n...wimoovevio.html - that's fun ;)

#9 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:15 PM

I like the concept of having Arnor's heroes based on the contemporaries of it's final days, but would that effect the total number of core Arnor units? Because after all the dunedain were becoming more...well... endangered.

Posted Image

#10 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:38 PM

They still had a military - it just wasn't as full-sized as Gondor's or any other more... surviving kingdom. So I think they should have a small core of fully-geared soldiers, but the most of the military should be Rangers of the North, Gondor auxiliaries, and Elven allies.

#11 Dunedain Lord

Dunedain Lord
  • Members
  • 195 posts
  • Projects:beating Yoda

Posted 18 April 2009 - 05:57 PM

I'm pretty sure when arnor was recreated in the 4th age, they grew back pretty fast and they
matched gondor's strength pretty quickly.
There were more than just those 43 rangers, there were atleast several hundred, if not more.
They should be elite troops, so a toggle wouldnt hurt, but they should be able to do more with a bow.
"Now, men of Arnor. Let us restore the glory of the Dunedain! To battle, and victory!" King Argeleb

#12 Anri1

Anri1
  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:20 AM

I'm not arguing with Dunadain Lord, but the Dunadain Rangers should be as strong with bow, as with sword. The best example is Aragorn(maybe he was even more skillful with sword than bow, shurely his favorite weapon wasn't a bow :umad: )
"Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of Men fails…. When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day! An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down. But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth I bid you stand, Men of the West!"-King Ellessar

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Dunedain Lord

Dunedain Lord
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 03:17 AM

I'm not arguing with Dunadain Lord, but the Dunadain Rangers should be as strong with bow, as with sword. The best example is Aragorn(maybe he was even more skillful with sword than bow, shurely his favorite weapon wasn't a bow ;) )

nobody knows that actually..........tolkein shouldve been more specific.
If you're going by the movies, it's not right. He didnt use the sword 24/7.
"Now, men of Arnor. Let us restore the glory of the Dunedain! To battle, and victory!" King Argeleb

#14 Anri1

Anri1
  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:57 AM

By the book Aragorn took only his sword to moria and no other weapon, in the movie he took both sword and bow, but used bow only in Moria. ;)

Edited by Anri1, 20 April 2009 - 12:13 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#15 Eärendur

Eärendur

The last High-King of Arnor.

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 06:32 PM

Sorry guys, but to make things easier to sort, please before posting type "P" for ideas about the Arnor Power Tree, "S" for ideas about Arnor Structures, "U" for ideas about Arnor Units, and "H" for ideas about Arnor Heros.

Sorry, but it will make sorting all the ideas much easier.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Dunedain Lord

Dunedain Lord
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 10:43 PM

NVM, ignore my post about aragorn liking the bow more. I just read FOTR again and i learned that aragorn did only take his
ranger clothes and anduril with him to moria. Damn my lowly active brain.

#17 Anri1

Anri1
  • Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:27 AM

That's ok, Dunadain Lord, we're all here to share the information. :p And I had the same situation with nazguls(Morgomir and Witch-King) here http://forums.revora...p...1142&st=980

U : could be preaty nice if there were Arnor Knights simular to Gondor Knights.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 21 April 2009 - 08:42 PM

But then there'd no reason to purchass the elven alliance, because they have well rounded archers and cavalry. Arnor makes use of decent infantry, perhaps one of the finest of the human factions, and the Rangers provide stealth and archery, E

Posted Image

#19 Wanderer∞

Wanderer∞

title available

• Members
  • 273 posts
  •  Movie Critic

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:56 PM

Pikemen from the Havens!!!! :p And an occasional elf captain
Posted Image
How 'bout a magic trick?

"Never give up. Never surrender."
-Captain Jason Nesmith

#20 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 05:29 AM

Yes, but Arnor should have more effiecient infantry than the Elves, I think. They were Dunedain after all, and they could not have been too militarily weak to always need the aid of their allies

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users