#21 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:06 PM

@UK - my maps will be included in the "limited release". Echoes will also get some of the Eriador-based maps, and I'm sure RJ will have space for some stuff.

BTW, thanks for the understanding of the situation. We were partly expecting a tirade of hate :shiftee2:
Posted Image

#22 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 26 April 2009 - 03:56 PM

Well, that's rather unfortunate. I hate to see so much great work go to waste, too. Well, I'll keep my eyes peeled for the limited release, I guess.
Greetings, community.

#23 Githiran

Githiran

Master strategist, if the troop numbers are right...

• Project Team
  • 367 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod, Lone Wolf Beta Tester.
  •  Useless for anything but ideas...

Posted 26 April 2009 - 04:32 PM

ah man! i was so looking forward to this mod (as probably everyone on the site were). but still, it cant be helped, i dont see why beta werent released, at least people would have gotten a feel. i mean, uve said ur going to release a limited version and all, but thats been really deflating.

shame about whas happened :( hope for some good to still come out of it though.
A master strategist, such as Zhuge Liang, will be remembered not for his intellect, but for his common sense.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#24 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:00 PM

Let me put it this way...

If you want nothing but a Blue Ferrari, do you buy the red if they don't have it?
No you don't... If you do, you didn't want the blue one to start with :shiftee2:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#25 Githiran

Githiran

Master strategist, if the troop numbers are right...

• Project Team
  • 367 posts
  • Projects:RC Mod, Lone Wolf Beta Tester.
  •  Useless for anything but ideas...

Posted 26 April 2009 - 05:57 PM

it may not be what youve always dreamed of, but the main point is you still have a ferrari :shiftee2: you still get to have a feel of what you wanted hehe, just not your complete idea. besides, i wouldnt have expected it to be handed over in one huge lump, after all ive heard it said by few on here myself; start small and work your way up.

but, as i did say, a limited version will be just as good, so im not complaining - itd be a shame if everything was thrown away without any usage out of it though.
A master strategist, such as Zhuge Liang, will be remembered not for his intellect, but for his common sense.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#26 Rob38

Rob38

Believer of Hope

• Hosted
  • 3,567 posts
  • Projects:Helm's Deep Last Hope
  •  One who is not afraid of new challenges

Posted 26 April 2009 - 06:53 PM

All things must eventually come to an end. :shiftee2: T3A will live on, no matter what happens with this wonderful mod.

signature_group1.gif

16821.png

#27 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

Of course, but the models and skins... I really don't want to see them go to waste. To become forbidden pieces of art.

I don't know how people would react to this so please don't be too angry if it displeases you, but if someone wanted to use the mod content, would they have your permission?
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#28 m@tt

m@tt

#######

• Project Team
  • 4,056 posts
  • Projects:The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 26 April 2009 - 07:57 PM

Yes, that's certainly a possibility, but it's at our discretion, and there's no way we'd hand our work out on a whim.
Posted Image

#29 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:08 PM

Well, it's still better than becoming museum pieces forever.

Also what do the details of the "Limited Edition" curtail? Other than a rather self-descriptive title.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#30 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 26 April 2009 - 08:11 PM

it may not be what youve always dreamed of, but the main point is you still have a ferrari

But it wouldn't have been blue, and if you wanted nothing but a blue one, it wouldn't really have mattered, because you wanted a blue ferrari, not a ferrari :shiftee2:

Still, anyone wanting anything from RA better come prepared.... You'd have to be pretty well on your way and be a good modder if you'd want anything at all :crazed:
And it would still be up to the invidual person who made the things.. Some are generous, some are not :unsure:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#31 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:09 PM

I don't know how people would react to this so please don't be too angry if it displeases you, but if someone wanted to use the mod content, would they have your permission?

I agree, it would be a waste to throw the wonderful assets of this mod in the bin, so I'd like to see them surface in another mod. However, knowing the opinions of RA's creators a bit, I can imagine at least two requirements they will set:

- Each asset will go to only one mod
- Only to quality mods that won't depend on the RA assets for quality
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#32 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:16 AM

Indeed 2play, we're not giving them away just like that.

Edited by Matias, 27 April 2009 - 12:16 AM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#33 LordTurgon

LordTurgon

Lord of Gondolin

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • Projects:RC: ARC Trooper Mod

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:25 AM

A very sad day, and to think that this is the mod that brought me to Revora... :shiftee2:

RCMODFanPlayerS.jpg
291.jpg
RJ-mod_Fan.jpg
May Rhovanion Alliance Rest in Peace.

#34 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:49 AM

But T3A doesn't die with RA,there was T3A before RA and will be afterwards.

But I recommend that people check out all the other great mods here at T3A before leaving.

I guess mods like SEE and RJ could use some of the work.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#35 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 27 April 2009 - 12:50 AM

There was T3A before RA? :p

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#36 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:17 AM

Well, it seems you've moved on to different things. Good luck. RA was going to be my reason for buying BFME1 when the first public beta was released. I'll look at the limited version and see whether it's worth the purchase.

There are an awful lot of good pieces to RA...even though they haven't been assembled. I pretty much echo everyone else's sentiment about sharing bits of RA to other high quality mods, like SEE or RJ, if they want it, and you want to give it to them.

Posted Image

#37 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 27 April 2009 - 07:10 AM

But...but....no! ;) *stands in state of shock*

I mean, this mod had the potential to become the mod for BFME 1. Sad that it will never truly see the light of day.

This mod......was like the epitome of BFME 1's greatness. Now it has been stunted.....

I've only been here for a year, so no, I haven't been around to see all the trials and tribulations this mod has gone through....but dang if I wasn't obsessed with one day playing this mod! :p

And yes, please, don't scrap all of its assets. Preserve them....they could very well be considered some of the ultimate best work ever done for a mod. Let others use them....maybe, in some way, RA will live on.

And when you do release this "Limited Edition", do us all a favor......keep every last asset you have in it, even if it isn't used. Let us tinker privately with it, and dream......dream of what could have been. Who knows? Maybe a future generation of modders will be able to pick it up and add a little more to it, and bring it up from the ashes.......

#38 Sindarin

Sindarin

title available

• Project Team
  • 281 posts
  • Projects:Tol Eressëa MOD - WOTE
  •  Skinner - Coder - Mapper - Modeler

Posted 27 April 2009 - 08:43 AM

:wacko: :ermm: :q: :q: :q: :p ;) :good: :)

Posted Image

#39 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:38 PM

Good luck. RA was going to be my reason for buying BFME1 when the first public beta was released. I'll look at the limited version and see whether it's worth the purchase.

BFME is a good game, really, and worth the purchase anyway (with today's prices).
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#40 Kwen

Kwen

Vileartist

• T3A Staff
  • 4,865 posts
  • Projects:It'sa secreeet
  •  T3A's First N00b
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Expert
  • Donated

Posted 27 April 2009 - 02:48 PM

I think BFME 1 is a far better game then BFME 2...

https://www.twitch.tv/vileartist - Yes shameless self-promotion

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Old modders never die, they just fade away" ~ Hostile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users