#1 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:31 PM

Alliance: Unaffiliated. They are a group of extremists, and an emerging power.

Faction Technology: Diverse manner of weapons of all ranks, smuggled by their agents from other factions. Their warriors prefer close-range weapons over guns.

Military Strength: Troops fanatically devoted to their cause, and strong-willed leaders.

Military Weaknesses: Petty power struggles within the high council, and a tiny army of battle-worthy troops.

Government Style: Oligarchy

Social Flaws:
1. They kill any who refuse to convert to the religion of One.
2. They are often hypocritical when it comes to loyalty to one's leader.
3. Their religious fanaticism often goes out of hand.
4. They are too rigid to allow for creative thinking, unless it comes from their leadership.

Redeeming Features:
1. They draw from almost every race, accepting any who follow their faith.
2. They are remarkably honorable and chivalrous.

Main Characters: Grand Master Athadan, Marshal Hyarill (Ground Commander), Marshal Sythe (Fleet Commander), Marshal Likar (Military Strategist)

Grand Master Athatan
Character Gender: Male
Character Profession: Leader of the Order
Character Appearance: Somber, noble bearing
Character History: After rebelling against the "benevolent dictatorship" of the Chalsidii, Athatan escaped from the government agents sent to capture him and founded the Order. By contacts in the Chalsidii government, he managed to get large amounts of energy swords shipped to him, which he gave to his "knights." Although he still dreams of overthrowing the Chalsidii, he holds no grudges, believing them to be the mark of a sore loser. He and his "knights" make no effort to hold any territory outside their capital planet, instead going throughout the galaxy preaching their faith with the sword.

Marshal Hyarill
Character Gender: Male (Fox)
Character Profession: Ground Commander
Character Appearance: Sable-furred, light-hearted military officer. Treats everything like a joke.
Character History: A rarity among the mostly atheist Cythelu, Hyarill embraced the faith of the One with fanatical devotion. He proved himself in combat with a group of Rakbi when he attempted to convert them to the One, killing three of their best warriors. When one of their "war monks" was ambushed in a Cythelu village, he took up his sword against his own people and saved the knight, only to find that it was Athatan himself. In gratitude, the Grand Marshal promoted him to Ground Commander. Unfortunately, Hyarill's military exploits caused hard feelings between the Order and the other factions, complicating Athatan's holy mission.

Marshal Sythe
Character Gender: Female
Character Profession: Fleet Commander
Character Appearance: Brunette and beautiful, in a human sort of way.
Character History: When she heard Athatan preaching in her community at the age of twelve, Sythe knew it was her destiny to aid him in fulfilling his dream. She stayed by his side for years. Their transport was ambushed by brigand ships on its way to another mission of holy conquest, and while the pilot was knocked out by the impact of a laser blast, Sythe managed to take control of the ship and steer it clear of the trap. Seeing her natural talent, Athatan promoted her to Fleet Commander. Since her promotion, her loyalty has been unshakable.

Marshal Likar
Character Gender: Female
Character Profession: Military Strategist
Character Appearance: Very tall, pale blue hair
Character History: Although she was one of the first to answer Athatan's call, Likar has become disillusioned with Athatan's mission and believes that she could be a better Grand Master of the Order. Her plots against the Grand Master have yet to take palpable form, but her discontent is threatening to rip apart the Order from the inside unless she can be stopped. Se has several supporters, although the main body still sides with the current Grand Master.

Edited by ithilienranger732, 29 April 2009 - 03:40 AM.

BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#2 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:19 AM

Sweet idea, man. I'd vote for that. I like how you named one of my dudes as your leader and founder. :p Also, seeing as he's renegade, does that mean an alliance is out of the question? Because I'd actually be rather amenable to a mass conversion of my people into an unstoppable killing machine. :p
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#3 mike_

mike_

Student of Homer.

• Global Moderators
  • 4,323 posts
  • Projects:The Peloponnesian Wars Mod.
  •  There are no heroes, no villains - only decisions.
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:27 AM

Hey, awesome :p

#4 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 29 April 2009 - 12:31 AM

Nice, I like the idea of a rare religious Zealot amoungst Athiests and Agnostics. But I doubt the Rakbi have ever had a conflict against the Cythelu. Unless Rafvin doesn't want a little history between us, I'll happily add in some past skirmishes and clashes.

EDIT: Oh, and I apologize for being picky, but Cythelu Life Span is around 300 years, a 28 year old Cythelu is like a human 8-9 year old. :p

Edited by Durandel, 29 April 2009 - 12:34 AM.

#5 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:47 AM

This sounds like an interesting race. It reminds me a lot of Necromonger in Riddick's Chronicale and Redeemer race from Star Trek: New Frontier.
I think you should specify more about the technology because 'the best known' seems overpowered.

BTW, male Fonoss barely reached a position of senior officer on a starship. Fonai military strategist should be female since I want to keep the good male characters uncommon and unique in Fonai society.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#6 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  •  The Undead

Posted 29 April 2009 - 02:53 AM

Maybe you could say the Tech is "Smuggled Powerful Technologies either looted from Cythelu, Chalsdii, Fonoss, and Astrum Outposts and ships, or from various Black Markets." so it seems more fit in than "Best there is"?

#7 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 03:38 AM

Sure. Thanks for the suggestions. :facepalm: They were sort of inspired by the Teutonics/Templars, actually.

As for the characters, Likar is now female and Hyarill is the more appropriate age of 72. :facepalm:

Anyway, I'll have lots of free time tomorrow, so I plan to start the Order exposition: Rule by the Sword. :p

Edited by ithilienranger732, 29 April 2009 - 04:06 AM.

#8 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  •  The Undead

Posted 09 May 2010 - 09:35 AM

Looking through the reg again, I noticed something that the Cythelu would never do - Ambush a 'knight'. Since they seem to oppress others into believing in 'The One', then how about he slayed those of his own race who refused to join? Because a Cythelu Ambush on only one person, no matter who is dishonorable to the Cythelu and they are basically hardcore pacifists. Thanks if you decide to change this little flaw.

#9 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:37 PM

Who says that grievances of religious fanatics have to be genuine? :thumbsdownsmiley:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users