71 replies to this topic

#21 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:08 PM

Runescape, hell yeah i have to agree on that one.

Although really my opinion on that isn't worth much as i haven't played it for more then an hour. I went to a friends house and he got me to have a go. When the first thing they say to do is "oh, just keep cutting wood here" then it seems kinda boring. Even when i was watching other people play it seemed boring, and at the time i was playing Diablo 2 which was a million times better.

Anyone played civilization? i did and it wasn't bad, but it got boring pretty fast. I got this civ collection box, but i dont even play it at all. And once you have played one civ game you have played them all pretty much, the only difference seems to be better graphics.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#22 Abrams Tank

Abrams Tank

The Swordsman

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Projects:Life (even though it sucks now)
  •  nothing fancy

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:28 PM

Runescape, hell yeah i have to agree on that one.

second

Perfect Dark Zero was a big disapoint to me, storyline was too confusing I like 64's storyline,gameplay, and weapons way better.:) two-player co-op was good, but on XBOX live it just sucked no questions are asked. :p

REBEL_SOLDIER_LAUGHING.gif"you want to leave when!?"

#23 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:29 AM

It defined

didn't redefine anything

Theres something wrong but i cant quite put my finger on it...

Kacen, define and redefine are two different things, dont confuse them.
Also it is clear you are just a C&C hater, so your opinion isn't one i would trust to be impartial :p

Worse game that i can think of right now, Counter Strike, it was terrible...

edit:

It was rightfully banned.

I disagree, its just american oversensitivity, i mean, the game is about soviets fighting allies! america is the main power behind the allies, a cover depicting this by having a soviet's crosshairs targeting an american flag is perfectly acceptable in my opinion. If it was an Australian flag i would feel the same way(actually, i would feel special because our flag is on the cover, who cares if its being targeted? Australia ftw! :))

how was Counter strike terrible? just because you sucked at it :)

worst game I think would have to be Halo 1, it sucked!!!

#24 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:31 AM

worst game I think would have to be Halo 1, it sucked!!!

Heh, there's something we can all agree on.

The entire Halo series is a lump of overhyped, overrated trash.

well said there :p , Halo is pretty boring unless your playing splitscreen with friends, and even then all I do is muck around and run away in a banshee :)

#25 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 05:03 AM

I agree halo was overrated.

CS was bad because of:
spawn camping
annoying having to buy weapons
my pokeskill not working :(
bad graphics
fairly boring gameplay even when i wasn't spawn killed
had other better games i was into like tf2, and other orange box games

Posted Image

#26 duke_Qa

duke_Qa

I've had this avatar since... 2003?

• Network Staff
  • 3,837 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Artist

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:29 PM

CS was bad because of:
spawn camping
annoying having to buy weapons
my pokeskill not working :(
bad graphics
fairly boring gameplay even when i wasn't spawn killed
had other better games i was into like tf2, and other orange box games

spawn camping? Didnt know you spawned more than once per round. What maps were you playing on?

Buying weapons was back in 99-00 the shiznizz, before that you only had like quake 2 where you had to pick up your weapons and rocket jump around. now that was a boring game imo.

All in all, i enjoyed CS alot the first years it was out, playing it on lan with no internet and local friends... but i got tired after 2-3 years, when the new generation of Lan-gamers found it and then they thought it was the shiznizz for 2-3 years. it was old then.

all in all, CS was good as long as you had local friends playing it instead of going online. made for a different flow.

ooh, i just remember another game i played: Total Annihilation Kingdoms. Oh my lord that game was bad! blergh

"I give you private information on corporations for free and I'm a villain. Mark Zuckerberg gives your private information to corporations for money and he's 'Man of the Year.'" - Assange

#27 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:10 PM

Everyone is playing World in Conflict and/or Company of Heroes, which are really just glorified Real Time Tactics games. CoH I'm sure is great though I don't care for it, mainly because I'm sick and tired of World War II and I'm just not a fan of Real Time Tactics that focus on little squads, ditto for World in Conflict...feh, sick of the Soviets on the offensive as well. That storyline is done to death.

That's very true, World in Conflict is very overrated as well. Although I bought COH because I wasn't too aware of any (good) WWII RTS games out there. Turned out to be a damn fine game (great visuals, great details, great physics, I love micromanagement). But it's not something I could keep playing and playing.

#28 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

Thank goodness for Game Exchange. Saving the world from bad and un-replayable games.

#29 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:54 PM

You know what is overrated? Call of Duty 4
hey guys lets run around and 99% of people drop a nade when they die. the single player is awesome but multiplayer is just terrible...

#30 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:33 AM

FPS games in general nowadays are all the same.

Same gameplay. No innovation. But who can you blame? There's not much to innovate. I enjoy STALKER but mainly because of it's unique atmosphere.

Portal was unique and awesome, so they arent all bad

#31 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:13 AM

FPS games in general nowadays are all the same.

Same gameplay. No innovation. But who can you blame? There's not much to innovate. I enjoy STALKER but mainly because of it's unique atmosphere.

Portal was unique and awesome, so they arent all bad

I wouldn't...

Well, Portal has the controls of an FPS game. And well the mechanics. But you're not shooting anyone, it's just a portal gun. Also I've always thought of the game as annoying and overrated, but probably because of all the internet fags making the dumb cake jokes constantly which became unfunny real fast.

*screams* omg you said portal is overrated!!! and yes cake jokes get unfunny after a while, but still they are funny

#32 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:53 AM

No, that is a lie

Just like the cake is
:p

spawn camping? Didnt know you spawned more than once per round. What maps were you playing on?

I dont know the name, but i didn't have to download it so it wasn't just a bad custom map, well, i dont think i did. And yeah, you die then respawn then go out and shoot some people for a bit, then die again, then respawn and get spawn camped a heap till someone manages to kill the camper, where you then get one more life before getting spawn camped again.

I loved portal, i thought it was a great game, the only bad thing is that it needed to be longer.
TF2 is a fun fps deathmatch game, the cartoony atmosphere makes it quite enjoyable, and the characters are pretty awesome too :xd:

Posted Image

#33 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:28 AM

No, that is a lie

Just like the cake is
:p

I dont know the name, but i didn't have to download it so it wasn't just a bad custom map, well, i dont think i did. And yeah, you die then respawn then go out and shoot some people for a bit, then die again, then respawn and get spawn camped a heap till someone manages to kill the camper, where you then get one more life before getting spawn camped again.

I loved portal, i thought it was a great game, the only bad thing is that it needed to be longer.
TF2 is a fun fps deathmatch game, the cartoony atmosphere makes it quite enjoyable, and the characters are pretty awesome too :xd:

Lol well we were playing pokemod deathmatch. and then the hyperstrike mod XP

#34 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:56 AM

i wasn't talking about the pokemod thing though, which was pretty bad anyway, i dont see why you liked it :blush:
i dont see why you liked CS in general either though...

and hyperstrike mod? did it just make you respawn when you died? or did it change other stuff too?

Posted Image

#35 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:23 AM

Hyperstrike mod, is a deathmatch that also lets you triple jump, have no recoil, and infinite ammo/ no reloading and in some maps lets you build sentryguns :blush:

#36 Hasfusel

Hasfusel

title available

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:47 AM

This thing called Might and Magic IX. I bought it on the principle that it was 50p and I had 50p in my pocket; I was sick minutes after installing it. Without a doubt the worst load of crap I've ever played. Basically you wander round what looks like a paper drawing and shoot green lights at things while annoying music screws with your mind. If I ever meet 3DO there will be blood on the streets.
YOU STOLE MY MONEY YOU BASTARDS
EVEN IF IT WAS ONLY FIFTY PENCE
YOU WILL PAY WITH YOUR LIVES

#37 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:54 AM

Well, at least those fifty pence gave you quite a memorable experience :blush:
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#38 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 12 May 2009 - 12:35 PM

And you obviously don't appreciate the engine.

I know I don't, because I don't like the game...

there's no fucking "special attacks" just what you can build. It's hard for me to explain...

Well, I like "special attacks" because it limits theyre use in a more enjoyable way than "not being able to afford them".

Funny coming from someone with an RE5 profile theme, because it's so hilariously fitting. RE5 was no puzzles or strategy and shit gameplay and it ran completely on a fucking storyline. That is exactly why some games are shit, they focus so much on storyline and/or graphics and you end up with a shit over hyped game. See Vortigern's post on MGS, those games SERIOUSLY suffer from it. Also for the record I like the old RE games, but since RE4 and on I've hated much of them. I mean okay 4 was okay but SERIOUSLY overrated, and not that scary.

Resident Evil 5 has no strategy, I agree. It's nothing on Resident Evil 2, or 3. It's not the gameplay that's shit IMO, its just its way more action orientated than previous games and seems to be highly influenced by the bad films. I do however like how Wesker turned out in some of the cutscenes (Plus my avatar and sig were there from before the game was released). If a games single player, like RE5, there is no reason why it shouldn't focus on storyline. That's what RE is all about and that's why I love it. Although, ironically, RE5 has the least story of them all...

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#39 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 03:05 PM

So you like most the game that you think, of the series, is the worst. Lol.

I don't know how I got this far without mentioning BioShock. Even by FPS standards the gameplay is derivative and dull, and once you've killed a Big Daddy and one other enemy you've killed every enemy type in the game.

Atmo was all Bioshock had. Not a patch on its predecessors.

#40 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:15 PM

Let me think here... Supreme Commander, Empire At War and Universe At War. Yes, they were royally shitty. So much so I got cancer just by playing them for five minutes.

And before PC, I played Superman 64. Yeah. =|

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users