• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#41 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:17 PM

What, Empire at War? I admit it's far from perfect (even though I am a big Star Wars fan), but calling it royally shitty isn't exactly justice to the REAL crappy games out there. Like Superman 64.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#42 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 12 May 2009 - 10:22 PM

I hated it. It was slow, clunky and boring. Plus, I'm sick to death of motherfucking Star Wars games.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#43 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:59 AM

*Hi fives*

They are fun and star wars was my original nerd subculture, but there are too many crap ones.

#44 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:30 AM

The only good Star Wars games are the KOTOR games and the Jedi Knight games. EAW and UAW were pretty awful...

#45 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 13 May 2009 - 09:53 AM

Why? You hate real, innovative strategy? Too hard for you? You'd honestly lump an honest to God innovative attempt at an RTS game up with Superman 64? Have you played the expansion? Did you just play the demo of the original? Or are you just bawing that the units don't speak?

God, do you know how fucking annoying it is to find out the one RTS game that's really made for your play style is hated by autistics who care more about eye candy than gameplay? Damn...

Honestly...can't accept it. It's not your type of RTS, but you know deep down it's not a bad game.

Have you not heard of opinions?

#46 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:44 AM

Yes. I've also heard of stupid, uneducated "opinions".

She could say "It was too slow, not my type of RTS."

*cough* Beo is a guy *cough*

anyways, that was a pretty good analysis of RTS in general, but I think im the only person who actually liked RA3.

#47 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:46 PM

Why? You hate real, innovative strategy? Too hard for you? You'd honestly lump an honest to God innovative attempt at an RTS game up with Superman 64? Have you played the expansion? Did you just play the demo of the original? Or are you just bawing that the units don't speak?

Supreme Commander is Total Annihilation on a bigger scale. Whoopdeefuckingdo. I played it once - hated it. It was too slow and the game mechanics don't suit my taste.

God, do you know how fucking annoying it is to find out the one RTS game that's really made for your play style is hated by autistics who care more about eye candy than gameplay? Damn...

Except I care more about gameplay than anything else and I did not find SupCom all that fun gameplay wise. I am spoiled by StarCraft, WC3 and, of course, the Command and Conquers.

Honestly...can't accept it. It's not your type of RTS, but you know deep down it's not a bad game.

Perhaps not as bad as, say, EAW but SupCom did still give me a hefty disease when I stopped playing...

Though admittedly I've not seen another RTS game that includes land/space battles in that sense.

Homeworld. I win.

Yes. I've also heard of stupid, uneducated "opinions".

hahahahahahaha. Moron.

She could say "It was too slow, not my type of RTS." But to say a very innovative RTS with features no other RTS has (features people who haven't played the game for a while would not know about. You know, people who don't give time for a game to sink in and at least appreciate that there's something there.)

I got bored waiting on it.
She... *snicker*

Saying it's "Not my type of RTS, I prefer faster RTS's, etc." while recognizing it has unique features is a sane, valid opinion by an individual with good taste.

You've already proven you have no taste and you have the Supreme Commander's staff's nuts in your mouth. So shut the fuck up already.

Saying it's royally shitty despite the amount of work put into the game, the innovations, etc. I don't even consider an opinion, I consider it a matter of fact or fiction. It's like saying we should respect some autistic's opinion that trucks are made out of jellybeans. Apples and oranges.

Man hours does not automatically justify greatness. I'll say it again - I. Did. Not. Enjoy. Supreme. Commander. One. Bit.

Oh yes, wait. What's your rebuttal? "You didn't treat the C&C games fairly.".

Don't care. I'd keep enjoying them whether you liked them or not, and so should you with SupCom. Dipshit.

The first 3 C&C games were decent for their time but still not my type of RTS games since I like more freedom in strategy and no construction yards. Also the Final Fantasy Effect plays into effect; essentially people constantly blabbing about a game I was initially eh or neutral about caused me to hate it. Red Alert 2 and it's expansion were too cheesy for my tastes and seemed to focus on gimmicky stories over quality or gameplay innovation. Ditto x3 on Red Alert 3.

Generals was buggy as shit, which didn't make up for, in my personal tastes, a better construction system. If it wasn't buggy and halfway unfinished it would be a decent game.

*yawn* Oh sorry. Were you rambling on about shit no one cares about again? I am terribly sorry, I was under the impression you had something meaningful to say. My mistake.

So, I apologize for royally bashing C&C, I should take it into account relative to the time it was made. Though it's just hard to remember that considering how many people still play the old C&C games and even make mods for them.

Oh noes, we mod something enjoy.

"Furry Queen"

From my evidence I've gathered female.

Yes, shows what you know. I am, and always have been, a male.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#48 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:14 PM

Essentially.

That's all it really has though - being a successor to TA, which was actually good.

That wasn't so hard, was it?

That was sort of the intent of my original post. I didn't feel the need to really elaborate.

Because you like speedy rush battles. Also WC3? Lol'd IRL.

Okay, your point? Yes, I like my games fast-paced and not drawn out. Hour long games are stale, boring, the same and unimaginative.

Homeworld has real-time ground battles?

No, but it has space battles, which was what I referring to. EAW is hardly the first game with space warfare. Hell, fucking Star Trek: Armada II (which I didn't like either) did it long before EAW.

Good, mature, not fat and not autistic response.

:p

Translation: "I got bored waiting so it's automatically a shit RTS in my closed minded brain."

You're stupid. I mean, really stupid.

And you enjoy jacking off to pictures of Kane and Stalin, probably furry versions. See, two can play at this game. ;)

Quite incorrect. I'm not the one saying how great C&C is and if you don't like, you're an uneducated shit. That's just you with SupCom.

What?

You mentioned specifically that there was a lot of effort put into the game. My point is that all of that effort does not justify, or include, greatness.

C&C is going to fail unless they seriously innovate the gameplay. I honestly think many aspects of the gameplay in Supcom will be the future of RTS games, set the standard. Also Company of Heros as well. The perfect RTS game would combine elements of both games. The Supcom system embodying the scale while close up handled Company of Heros style. Would be one hell of an RTS if pulled off correctly.

Games are formulaic. IE; they follow a certain pattern and C&C has a pattern otherwise it's not Command and Conquer. They took an entirely different direction than the whole builder and build anywhere concept and I really enjoy it since it presents a new line of strategies and tactics you must employ to be successful. So what if C&C uses an 'outdated' build scheme, but then by that logic, Zero Hour/StarCraft/AOE/et al's build scheme is also outdated because it has been around for a long time.

Goddamn, this is like saying you need to innovate Mario with every new game, when that is the opposite of the truth. Tried and true formulas really don't need any innovation. There is such a thing as same concept, different execution. Shit, all you need is TS vs TW or RA2 vs RA3 to see that in action.

Good, quality response. Not fat and not autistic. Completely well thought out and made you appear 100% mature. Also not a cliche`, stock response.

Then get substance and think before you post.

Well sorry if Furry Queen causes confusion, and if that confusion surprises you.

And it's a wonder why I think you're a moron. QUEEN, as it were, also refers to a gay guy. While I may be neither woman, or homosexual, Caspa gave me that nickname kinda thing a while back and it stuck. That and I tend to use a lot of females as avatar and signature combos. Then again, I can't fault you for this since you didn't know.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#49 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:00 PM

If TA was good why wouldn't this be if it's essentially the same just updated? Essentially a remake of a relatively underrated old game, which is needed. Reminds me - I need to play it.

I could actually play that game and feel I wasn't just being shoved eye candy. That's all SupCom felt like to me - eye candy.

I was referring to EaW as being the only RTS game that I know of with both ground and space.

Right, well, you should have been more specific. :p

Star Wars is better in that aspect. Too bad it's beaten to death with the Clone Wars and the prequel garbage...sorry, ranting off topic.

At least this we agree on. ;)

It does when it allows you to ferry troops, set ferry points, queu units before a factory is built, adjacency bonus, dedicated naval system despite it being not only a naval game, strategic zoom (I didn't want to mention it but it warrants a mention), a unit for every single purpose, you know, like in real life, not some gimmicky fantasy world, realistic tactics such as strafing and kiting being useful in this game to overcome stronger enemies, the fact that you feel like your commanding a huge campaign on larger maps, I find myself establishing beach heads to land an invasion force with amphibious tanks and transports loaded with heavy assault units, supported by battleships, you know, shit that's done IRL. So satisfying.

I play an RTS to command troops and legions, not really to dodge attacks. If I wanted that, I'd play an action RPG or World of Warcraft. That aside, there a lot of games that have similar features but I digress. I didn't feel the gameplay was all that top notch. Felt clunky.

I simply did not know that. Simple case of confusion. I did know that queen was slang for gay guy but still I assumed queen as in female at first. And I didn't see you as a homosexual, or at least the type to call themselves a queen.

And honestly if you were a gay furry you'd probably have a guy avi, just saying. Also God don't let anyone interpret this as homophobic, because it's not.

I figured my abrasive tone would have been a clue, but I digress. ;)

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#50 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:01 PM

So you like most the game that you think, of the series, is the worst. Lol.

Errr no... I think Resident Evil 2 is the best. I said "I love it" meaning I love the series because its storyline based. RE5 is far from the worst so far, but its definately not the best.

RE2 > RE3 > RE1 > CVX > RE4 > RE5 > Outbreak > Dead Aim > Survivor/2

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#51 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:00 PM

My god, could the fanboys/fangirls please leave the room? Leave Fen to his opinion about the game...do you really need to flame just because you like a game he doesn't?

Any more of this and I'm deleting - not locking - the thread.

#52 Jason Zombolt

Jason Zombolt
  • Hosted
  • 60 posts
  • Projects:The Steel Shipyard
  •  The Sword that Cleaves Evil

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

Sorry for getting back on topic.

I Once found a PS1 Game named "Shadow Tower" or something like that on the fire Escape when I use to live in the city.
No Case, or anything, like it was thrown out there.
Worst thing I ever played, I put it Back outside
I am Zengar, Zengar Zombolt, The Sword That Cleaves Evil!
Posted Image
There is Nothing I can not Cut!
Posted Image

#53 OmegaBolt

OmegaBolt

Lost In The New Real

• Hosted
  • 6,273 posts
  • Projects:Red-Resurrection
  •  O'Bolt

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:25 PM

Resident Evil 1 Remake and Resident Evil 0 were the scariest RE games in my view. Code Veronica was my personal fave...dunno why, the story was the most interesting. And Alfred was awesome. Also Claire is my favorite character.

I'm going to be blunt, while I liked Resident Evil 4, I found it...well, what do you think? Overrated. Honestly, game of the year? It wasn't THAT good, sheesh. It wasn't even that scary. The only scary parts in the fucking game were (mildly) the sewers with the Novistadors and the only part that really scared me was every part with the Regeneradors and Iron Maidens, mainly because they sounded disturbing and for some reason in the research facility hallways the fuckers seemed to show up where I previously checked. I'd hear the breathing, walk around in circles looking for them, and then after a few laps suddenly it's fucking there. Made no fucking sense. Then again my memory is rusty so I don't fucking know.

I've watched my friend play through most of RE2. Never played RE3, or the Outbreak series or Dead Aim or Survivor.

Never played the remake or 0 as I've never had a Gamecube.

I do think RE4 was awesome when it came out. Mainly because it was so long since RE3 and was generally a lot fun, while, like you said, not that scary. The Regenerators and Iron Maiden were though, because of the noise mainly and how quickly they could attack scared the shit out of me. Never expected to get spiked by the Maiden either. Also thought when you revisit the village it was pretty scary, mainly because of the music and all the bear traps meant you couldnt run away so easily.

Edited by OmegaBolt, 13 May 2009 - 05:26 PM.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#54 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:26 PM

How dare you!
I didn't much like CNC3.

#55 Jason Zombolt

Jason Zombolt
  • Hosted
  • 60 posts
  • Projects:The Steel Shipyard
  •  The Sword that Cleaves Evil

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

How dare you!

lol
I mean on a metal fire escape, you find not the best stuff.
I am Zengar, Zengar Zombolt, The Sword That Cleaves Evil!
Posted Image
There is Nothing I can not Cut!
Posted Image

#56 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

I have returned, mostly out of boredom.

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 04:11 AM

Have you tried the new Might and Magic? It's great :wink:

I absolutely hate Pong. It's terrible, and I suck at it.

Hello everyone. I am back.

#57 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 15 May 2009 - 12:43 AM

Pong <snip> and I suck at it.

You, my good sir, fail at life.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#58 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:59 AM

True Love.

I downloaded, and it didn't work. Waste of time; it looked so promising. That reminds me; I've got to get me Season of the Sakamura sometime. Preferably not on the family computer :p

Posted Image

#59 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:43 PM

I'm not sure what the worst game I've ever played is, but Universe at War is probably the most disappointing. So hyped to be an awesome, revolutionary RTS... and so bad. Even I, who generally plays RTS campaigns to the end even if they're terrible, couldn't get halfway through this one. I mean, I played supcom and its expansion pack's campaign so many times, and the're pretty bad (though the game is supreme). Although frankly UAW was really quotable in the first mission though, because of the campyness.

You have to imagine these in a generic american soldier-guy voice:
"I think it's time for a grenade" (when you are shown how to use the grenade ability), and "I'm going to keep fighting. For America."

Also if you took the atmosphere and setting out of Bioshock it would be pretty bad.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#60 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 15 May 2009 - 05:11 PM

And yet somehow when the amusement of the war of the worlds walkers wore off, all three sides were amazingly boring

Edited by Nertea, 15 May 2009 - 05:12 PM.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users