#61 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:58 PM

And also honestly traitors aren't very original.

Oh shut up about Originality, the very word original or cliche is used so much these days it's a cliche itself. Pretty much every possible thing has been stripped of originality these days, that asking for originality is like asking Tolkien to make Star Wars. It's a pointless effort and a waste of time.

#62 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:14 PM

Might and Magic IX, the last game 3do "released" before they went bankrupt. it somehow managed to keep me around until the final parts of it, but it was mediocre as hell so you really felt the time drip away.

oh, and i remember trying superman 64 for 5 minutes. was something about lex luthor having some evil masterplan that forced superman to fly through hoops around some low-poly city. and by flying i mean stumbling around hitting the buildings and not responding to your button-mashing. that is probably the worst game i've ever played since i only could take it for 5 minutes.

Angry Video Game nerd to the rescue!

http://www.spike.com...k-angry/3001359

#63 Soul

Soul

Divine Chaos

• Project Team
  • 3,781 posts
  • Projects:Sigma Invasion
  •  This person isn't important

Posted 16 May 2009 - 05:12 PM

Perfect Dark Zero was complete shit and fails to compare to Perfect Dark on the N64. You moved like you where in slow-mo when you had body armour on, basically it was a shitty prequel to a wicked game.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Soul 2.4

Background process. Has something to do with some activity going on somewhere. Sorting junkmail, I think. No value or interest. Doesn't do much except hog resource.

#64 DIGI_Byte

DIGI_Byte

Unitologist

• Hosted
  • 1,747 posts
  • Projects:GTFO
  •  Everybody do the Flop!

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:46 AM

I HATE 'PREY'

Nothing like mashing Quake 4, Doom3 together, With the main character trying to get in touch with his ancient indian spirit in space.

EDIT, and the maps some times make no sense on a practical design, since when would aliens have puzzles and clear deadlocks on there own ships?

Also I hate FEAR on its cliche and predictable map designs and stupid enemy design, Clone soldiers, Is a pathetic excuse for only have 1 model per class.

Edited by DIGI_Byte, 17 May 2009 - 01:00 AM.

Lyon-Fixed.gif
RIP 2323

#65 Lurtzy

Lurtzy

Forerunner

• Project Team
  • 1,169 posts
  • Projects:Returning to modding

Posted 19 May 2009 - 01:14 AM

Call of Duty 4..................talk about overrated.......

Trying to hold on...

#66 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:25 AM

ewww Call of Duty... the only good one in my opinion is World at war because you can use attack dogs and there is a zombie minigame ;)

#67 Ash

Ash

Foxtrot Oscar.

• Undead
  • 15,526 posts
  • Projects:Robot Storm
  •  Keep calm and carry on.

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:03 AM

Meh, MoH did zombie minigames and attack dogs before half the members of this forum were even born. Man, do I feel old.

CoD5 looks cool, I guess, but it's a case of *groan* yet another WW2 FPS. What's worrying is that half of them aren't even any good - how hard can it be? Get a few faux-Kraut accents voicing for generic green models with pisspot helmets and rifles, against you, the player, in khaki/tan with an American accent and a slightly-worse-gun-til-you-kill-a-German-and-steal-his?

I firmly believe we have to look to Ninty and Sonic Team to find a shitload of the worst games ever committed to cartridge/disc. I mean, how many incarnations of Mario and Sonic do we need, particularly when all of them fail before the early ones on the SNES/Mega Drive (aka Genesis)? Again, how hard can it be to produce a game in current gen that is better than an old arcadesy platformer from over fifteen years ago? And yet, consistently, they rape their own franchise and produce drivel like Sonic in Camelot, or any of the recent mario games. And what's with the nine hundredth Zelda? I loved the Gameboy ones, but the quality can't always be that good.

No doubt I'll get some Ninty fanboy burn me to a crisp for that comment... :p if Kal were still around he'd be first on the case.

#68 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:53 PM

I'll take your side on the new Zelda games. I'm a great fan of the top-down perspective ones, but I've never seen a 3D Zelda game that I liked. The newest ones especially are not nearly as puzzle-oriented as the old top-down ones, and that's what made Zelda so fun.

Posted Image

#69 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:20 PM

Hey, I loved OoT :p
But I'll agree with you, they seem to be not as good as they once were.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#70 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

I have returned, mostly out of boredom.

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 10:04 PM

The first Fable. It was kinda fun, but it was...TINY! I couldn't believe that when there was such a large map, and only a small fraction was accessible. It pissed me off when I beat it in 2 days :p

Hello everyone. I am back.

#71 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:14 AM

Sonic isn't exactly serious either... its a blue hedgehog that runs at super sonic speed jumping on robots to turn them into bunnies and stuff,
with This Guy as their main enemy, called Dr. Egg man...

But i agree that new games dont seem to be as good as the old ones...
(donkey kong is also the same)

TLC:I fixed your link :p

Edited by True Lord of Chaos, 20 May 2009 - 04:16 AM.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#72 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:11 AM

Meh, MoH did zombie minigames and attack dogs before half the members of this forum were even born. Man, do I feel old.

You're not alone. I'm probably older than 80% of Revora's user base. :blink:

CoD5 looks cool, I guess, but it's a case of *groan* yet another WW2 FPS. What's worrying is that half of them aren't even any good - how hard can it be? Get a few faux-Kraut accents voicing for generic green models with pisspot helmets and rifles, against you, the player, in khaki/tan with an American accent and a slightly-worse-gun-til-you-kill-a-German-and-steal-his?

WAW was insane and by that I mean awesome and irritatingly difficult. You do play as an American but you're fighting Japanese and good god does it sound authentic. Complete with screams and bayonet charges of doom. Then you play as a Rusky fighting Germans of course. That's still fun though. Though... running away from Germans through a burning building is not so much fun.

No doubt I'll get some Ninty fanboy burn me to a crisp for that comment... :p if Kal were still around he'd be first on the case.

Not really but I'll just say you're a douche. :D

I'll take your side on the new Zelda games. I'm a great fan of the top-down perspective ones, but I've never seen a 3D Zelda game that I liked. The newest ones especially are not nearly as puzzle-oriented as the old top-down ones, and that's what made Zelda so fun.

I take it you never played Majora's Mask. Yeah, the puzzles in that were ten times more obnoxious than anything before it. >_>

Edited by Beowulf, 20 May 2009 - 07:12 AM.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users