#1 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

The John Farnham of modding

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  • Projects:Comeback tour
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:09 PM

The Following is information on how the CoPro development will work, as well as some rules.
This applies to all topics in this section.

Here's how it will work
I will pick out a few things that need doing and post them in the post of the category's thread (IE 3d modelling assignments will be posted in the 3d modelling thread).
Then people will choose a assignment each (for instance it could be the Roman Barracks).
It will usually work out to be 1 person each assignment (more can be for bigger projects) they will work on it.
Then by the deadline (which will be set when the assignment is posted) the person posts there results in the topic that gave the assignment.
The work will then be checked over by myself or another senior modder if available.

Deadlines can be extended if the modder is having trouble with their piece.
However some notice will be required.
Assignments can be dropped if necessary but again notice will be required and all work will be uploaded so someone else can finish it off.
All work is to be used only for this project.

No posting new topics in this forum unless it is for an assignment,no spam or posts like "OMG this looks awesome" this forum is solely for development.
Constructive criticism is important for this project but the criticism must be genuine constructive.
Flaming,Bashing and negative posting will not be tolerated.
Be Respectful.

Edited by Radspakr, 09 May 2009 - 10:25 PM.

Break dancing into the hearts of millions

#2 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 08 May 2009 - 02:26 PM

Then by the deadline (which will be set when the assignment is posted) the person posts there results here.

No, just no... We're modders, we don't work by deadlines...

The work will then be checked over by myself or another senior modder if available.

Why does it need to be checked? Quality check? Again, no.

Assignments can be dropped if necessary but again notice will be required and all work will be uploaded so someone else can finish it off.

Again, this just sounds like a harsh enviorment to work in... why the dictature? And what happens if someone doesn't get it done on his deadline? Does he get kicked off the team?

A modders work is a modders own, not the mod. If he sees it fit to share a historical model\skin with another mod, probably lotr mod, then that's his decicion :good: I wouldn't recommend sharing though, but you shouldn't be the one deciding that :p

No posting new topics in this forum unless it is for an assignment, no spam or posts like "OMG this looks awesome" this forum is solely for development.
Constructive criticism is important for this project but the criticism must be genuine constructive.

At first I would argue, but then I remembered the Update forum you got up... Soo, yeah, have it your way.. I don't get why you'd want an update forum when peeps can just check here though...

Flaming,Bashing and negative posting will not be tolerated. Be Respectful.

At last I can agree with you ;)

oh, and lastly... you've got two coding topics set up, and why not combine texture and modeling into one, just Art? ;)
Nobody wants to see a white model or a square skin.... And also, maybe combine audio\video... none of those will be your most updated topics ;)

Edited by Lauri, 08 May 2009 - 02:29 PM.

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#3 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 08 May 2009 - 03:27 PM

Hmmm... Rad, I think your taking this into your own hands a little too much. I agree wit Lauri.

I only plan on making skins for my own models, so they will be kinda bundled together. This would be easier with the topics combined, but it shouldn't be adjusted just for me. It is all about the community, here.
Greetings, community.

#4 Nertea

Nertea

...lo sa raptor!

• Hosted
  • 3,349 posts
  • Projects:Star Villains and Space heroes, The Dwarf Holds
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:BFME/Unity

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:00 PM

I'm all for structure (or at least huge huge lists) but if you make this too much like work it will fail even more miserably.

sig.png
I really don't do requests and my Arnor Soldier is not fit for BFME. Don't ask me for either.

#5 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 08 May 2009 - 10:58 PM

This project will need a structure or it will fail.
It's not as dictatorial as it sounds the deadlines aren't that strict no one will get kicked if they don't meet the deadline.
It's more of a way to keep things going.
The checks are more for consistency than Quality.

The Update topic is more for the finished stuff people can check out the works in progress in the Development forums.

#6 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:29 PM

This is really not what I thought it was going to be. I may not participate in the Community Project after all. I thought it was actually going to be about the community, not the community doing whatever someone tells them.

I guess I can still respect the project, but It's not what I thought it was.
Greetings, community.

#7 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:35 PM

The mod will fail if left to it's own devices.
It would go around in endless debate,no work would get done.
I'm merely trying to keep it under control.

As this is a Community Project my calls on this can be questioned and if popular opinion differ from mine,adjustments can be made.

#8 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:50 PM

Your right. There needs to be a balance. Somewhere in between, I think. The way you said it made it seem far too structured, but I think it could work as long as it is kept loose.
Greetings, community.

#9 The 10th Rider

The 10th Rider
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:00 AM

Deadlines would be required to prevent laziness, otherwise one person could say they would finish it, but it might take a month.

#10 Neutron4ever

Neutron4ever

title available

• Project Team
  • 893 posts
  • Projects:RCMOD, Kings of the West, Battle For Alagaesia
  •  RCMOD and KOTW Betatester and Edit Button Fanatic

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:21 AM

Sometimes, a month is how long it takes to finish something :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

#11 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:32 AM

Yes, as I said, a balance. I think deadlines are needed, but they need to be loose and expendable. There's not really anything anyone can do if someone doesn't meet the deadline, anyway.

Edit: Alright, so we're supposed to post results for assignments here? I found this image, and thought I would pots it as a concept. Nothing special. It's a Longhouse (for Norse, of course,)

Attached Thumbnails

• Fyrkat_hus_stor.jpg

Edited by Gfire, 09 May 2009 - 04:45 AM.

Greetings, community.

#12 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:25 AM

The mod will fail if left to it's own devices.
It would go around in endless debate,no work would get done.

TEA got released... T4A got release... More mods got released... They didn't use deadlines :mellow:

On matters of how units and buildings should look, there should be a quick decicion on how to look and stuff, but for acctually making it there really shouldn't be deadlines.. Not the way it seems you meant at the first post at least :xd:
A modder taking up a task should state when he can start and when he will try to finish or get along nicely, like "I'll try to get it done this weekend" for example...
If you let them set their own deadline, it's okay... Right now it looks like your going to do that, and that's not how it should be :p
Of course, if someone says "I'll do this... I'm going a month away on vacation tomorrow though, so I'll do it when I get back", you say "No"

Oh, and please get some easier reading structure on the tasks in the other topics... Like faction separation, and colours.. one colour for Done, one for WIP (job taken), and one for grabs...

Greek assignment
- Do greek icon
- Palantir image for X, Y and Z

- Hero icon for X, Y and Z

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#13 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 09 May 2009 - 03:39 PM

Since they can kinda fit into different catagories, you could use colors for certain types of assignments, and mark them off with a symbol or something to mean WiP or whatever.

Edit: WiP viking icon.

It needs some kind of alpha or something, right?

Attached Images

• vikingicon.png

Edited by Gfire, 09 May 2009 - 05:17 PM.

Greetings, community.

#14 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:19 PM

Wrong topic... Use the 2D :mellow:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#15 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:37 PM

Check first post - says to post them here.
Greetings, community.

#16 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:01 PM

fine, have it your way :unsure:

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

#17 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:24 PM

That was a mistake.
Post them in the topic that gave the assignment.
I'll fix the first post.

TEA,T4A etc were only really solo projects.
This project is open to all the community so it will be difficult to keep track of work.
Structure isn't a bad thing.

#18 GamerX0078

GamerX0078
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 02:08 PM

The Following is information on how the CoPro development will work, as well as some rules.
This applies to all topics in this section.

Here's how it will work
I will pick out a few things that need doing and post them in the post of the category's thread (IE 3d modelling assignments will be posted in the 3d modelling thread).
Then people will choose a assignment each (for instance it could be the Roman Barracks).
It will usually work out to be 1 person each assignment (more can be for bigger projects) they will work on it.
Then by the deadline (which will be set when the assignment is posted) the person posts there results in the topic that gave the assignment.

No posting new topics in this forum unless it is for an assignment,no spam or posts like "OMG this looks awesome" this forum is solely for development.
Flaming,Bashing and negative posting will not be tolerated.
Be Respectful.

i just have an suggestion for the mod. The walls should be like in bfme1. They should be strong and you should be able to put guys on top of the wall. It would make sieges more fun. Each faction should have there own signature walls and things to put on top such as banners,catupaults,etc.

#19 Radspakr Wolfbane

Radspakr Wolfbane

• Members
  • 7,722 posts
  •  The Retired Beard

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:46 PM

An update if you have some work you want to submit to the project feel free to submit even if it isn't the current assignment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users