to speeder and MO stuffs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 o8ao

o8ao
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 May 2009 - 06:28 PM

this is especially to Speeder and all other MO stuffs who had gone through modding experience,
i want to ask a question that is not related to MO, but please dun be alarmed. MO is a great game, as i know, u have gone through a lot of modding experience. i just want to ask if red alert 3 is convertable to red alert 2 using RA2 modding softwares. i just want to ask this. if u think its an insult or something(i dun find so), tell me, or simply lock it, i wouldn't say another word about ra3...

#2 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 17 May 2009 - 12:00 AM

Do you mean redoing Red Alert 3 on RA2 engine? Well, limited conversion is possible. Very limited one.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#3 o8ao

o8ao
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 06:31 AM

Do you mean redoing Red Alert 3 on RA2 engine? Well, limited conversion is possible. Very limited one.

srry for the limited detail i have given u. yea i mean redoing the whole thing including downgrading its graphic into ra2 version. and i think its impossible to convert RA3 into ra2 with double functions intact....

#4 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:31 AM

But it isn't...Abbilities, protocols, all can't be done (well, some abbilities can be done but 99 out of 100 can't be done).
Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?
There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

#5 o8ao

o8ao
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:55 AM

ok..thanks a ton

#6 Doomdragon

Doomdragon
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:11 AM

ok..thanks a ton

Surely you could just remake the units with voices, sound efects, etc recorded from RA3 rather than 'porting' them over? That would surely be possible, and very good if you pulled it off.

Edited by Doomdragon, 01 June 2009 - 10:11 AM.

Posted Image

#7 Speeder

Speeder

#ControlMOre

• Hosted
  • 8,992 posts
  • Projects:Mental Omega
  •  Mental Omega Creator

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:44 AM

Yeah, but gameplay would be v. v. very different.

mainbanner.jpg
bt_left.pngbt_fb.pngbt_yt.pngbt_tw.pngbt_md.pngbt_right.png
115776.png

#8 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 10:45 AM

But the special abbilities can't be remade, some units can't even be remade, like the Assault Destroyer (it will hover, for that's the only way vehicles can be amphibious), or the Cryo Copter (it will instantly EMP anyone, not freeze). And supprot powers also can't be made, none of them...But don't really know what support powers there are, so.

Edit: As Speeder said...

Edited by need my speed, 01 June 2009 - 10:45 AM.

Please, if you see a mistake in my posts - spelling, grammar, punctuation, or whatever else - point it out. How can one learn from mistakes, if one is not corrected?

#9 Doomdragon

Doomdragon
  • Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:05 AM

But the special abbilities can't be remade, some units can't even be remade, like the Assault Destroyer (it will hover, for that's the only way vehicles can be amphibious), or the Cryo Copter (it will instantly EMP anyone, not freeze). And supprot powers also can't be made, none of them...But don't really know what support powers there are, so.

Edit: As Speeder said...

Some special abilites could possibly be omitted or compromised without removing the overall 'feel' of the game. I think an EMP from the cryocopter would work, if flashy graphics were used. (The shirnk beam wouldn be a little difficult, though).

Some things would be very easy, such as the IFV: Just give it an aussie accent and your set. 'In a jiffy'! :p the Kirov is also pretty much identical, with the slight exception of the after burner thing. A lot of special abilities could also possibly be done through deployment: The Stingray, for example. (I'm refering to the widespread tesla attack in the water, not the whole walking on land thing).
Posted Image

#10 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:16 AM

Not really. For example, you mean that a normal Guardian Tank fires shells, and a deployed one a target pointer? Well, that would be unfair. You see, to make vehicles change weapon trough deployment, you have to create a different unit which uses the new weapon. So, Guardian Tank 1 (with shells) deploys into Guardian Tank 2 (with laser), but as it is a new vehicle, it gets all its health back. So, you can have invulnerable units. You'll see that nearly nothing can be made. Not the roar abbiliy from Bears, not the Mirage Tank cloak abbility, not the Kirov's afterburner, and definitly not the Empire's transforming units. And that were only some units that popped into my head, if you want you can psot a list of all units and their abbility and I'll say if it's possible to recreate.

#11 o8ao

o8ao
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 09:17 AM

ok i got some major exam coming up. dun have much time to think about this.
Need my speed mentioned deploying. i think pacific FAV would very suit this function.
Deploy it for second function...

#12 need my speed

need my speed

For Soviet people!

• Hosted
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:21 PM

Pacifier FAV would be possible (it can't move while deployed right?), as MCV's can also deploy into a building that retains teh health of the MCV, so simply give the building a weapon and you have your Pacifier. But nearly everything can't be done (good) in Red Alert 2.

#13 GodSun666

GodSun666

Marching Trough The Eternal Fields Of Chaos!

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts
  • Projects:Fast Fun And Crazy for Red Alert 3

Posted 03 June 2009 - 02:46 PM

Why do you want to do it. Go mod Red alert 3. It is really easy if you can think logical....
для матери Россия! Советский Союз победит! Америка может облизывать мои яйца
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users