• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Lt Commander Chris

Lt Commander Chris
  • Members
  • 49 posts
  •  Head Coder and Jack-of-Most-Trades, Ultimate Empire at War

Posted 20 May 2009 - 01:10 PM

Good afternoon, it's LTCC from UEAW; I'm hoping for some advice on skinning techniques.

I've been teaching myself the best I can using photoshop for some time now, but I need some more specific help if I am to progress further; it seems when one gets down to skinning a Venator, everything comes to pieces (:p)!

I'm alright at skinning, I guess, take my Saboath frigate skin as an example to judge me by:

Posted Image

Put simply, I need some more specific advice on base texture synthesis; hopefully some help on the Venator too. I am rather stuck on skinning it because I look at what I'm aiming for, which I'm quite confident, from my other work, I could do; if I knew how, but when it comes down to making that Venator hull texture and getting the panelling to stand out from it (I know about bumpmaps; that's not what I'm on about), I come to a complete blank; I've tried a variety of improvisations but can't think how to get that hull texture right.

I hope that some more experienced skinners come across this and can and will help,

Thanks,

Chris

LTCC
LTCC
Head Coder and Jack of Most Trades, Ultimate Empire at War

#2 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution
  • Division:Petrolution
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 29 May 2009 - 07:18 PM

Hey, I'll try get some skinners to take a look at this for you, they may be from other games but they sure know what they're talking about so I'll give them a buzz and see if they can help you, but the skin so far looks great, it just looks rather flat toward the front.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users