Photo

Yoda vs. Sidious

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Sidious Vs. Yoda

Who would win?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts
  • Projects:Star Wars: TOTR/RJ-ROTWK/S.E.E.
  •  Modeller. Animator. Light Coding/Skinning

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:37 AM

Well I'm posing this question because Annulus seems to think that if the Sidious and Yoda fight had continued, that Yoda would have lost. There is something of a debate going on for the stats with both of them.

Personally I think Yoda would have won because he was just regaining the fight when he got hoisted by the flow of power he rebounded onto Sidious. I'm thinking if he hadn't lost his lightsaber and stood his ground he may have had a chance, he'd all ready proven that he can repel darkside energy even turn it on its master but if were a clash to the death, who'd be standing?

What do you guys think?

Edited by Ed Of The 3rd Kind, 24 May 2009 - 03:54 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Annullus The Grey

Annullus The Grey

Historian... Master of Ages

• Hosted
  • 269 posts
  • Projects:Twilight of the Republic

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:01 AM

ed im right george lucas himself said that palpatine was more powerful just because your a george lucas basher doesnt make anything he says any less cannon
If your reading this i probably am drunk in a ditch somewhere near you

the magical drunken teleporter

SELF PROCLAIMED FORUM DRUNK!!

#3 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:35 AM

A Lucas basher, nah - I just find it hard to take anything he says on the subject of Star Wars outside of the films as anything but a way to line his pockets, which is right because he's a business man first, if he wasn't he wouldn't have pioneering special FX and sound company.

EDIT - That is just my personal opinion, don't want to offend anyone!

Anyway, back on topic!

Edited by Ed Of The 3rd Kind, 24 May 2009 - 03:43 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:36 AM

That's not helping your case, dude. Anywho, I personally would like to see them equal, if at all possible. If not, Yoda oh so slightly ahead.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#5 Annullus The Grey

Annullus The Grey

• Hosted
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:42 AM

according to lucas yoda is weaker than palpatine and darth vader is 80% of the power palpatine has but had he not fallen into lava wouldve been twice as powerful that is my case im going by a statement by george lucas quantifying the most powerful force user in starwars

#6 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  • Projects:RJ RotWK, Twilight of the Republic, HDLH
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Global Moderator
  • Donated

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:45 AM

Regardless of what's canon or not, some canon is just plain stupid. Like the comics. Like this. :crazed:

They'll be equal, with Yoda focusing more on own troop buffs and Sidious more on enemy troop debuffs.

Edited by Yoda_, 24 May 2009 - 03:46 AM.

yodasig2.png
My political compass
There's a story that the grass is so green...what did I see? Where have I been?

#7 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,838 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:56 AM

Woo! First vote! :crazed:
Stalemated.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#8 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:06 AM

Ya well everyone who votes eith me gets a free........ nothing!

Edited by Ed Of The 3rd Kind, 24 May 2009 - 04:14 AM.

Posted Image

#9 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:22 AM

Just because someone has the power....doesn't mean they know how to wield it the best way. :p Power and experience are too different things....in Episode III, Yoda and Palpatine were pretty stalemated. I chalk this up due to Yoda having several hundred years more experience than Palpatine. ( :p )

Besides, canon isn't all it's cracked up to be. :crazed: George Lucas has said that the world of Star Wars beyond the movies doesn't exist for him....so technically, they aren't canon in the strictest sense. There's several levels of canonicity going on for Star Wars. Check out the Wookieepedia article on Canonicity. :good:

According to George Lucas, then, Boba Fett did die in the Sarlacc. Han, Leia, and Luke never got married. Mara Jade never existed (GASP! :omg: ). All those things outside the film never happened.

I'm assuming then, that since this mod is taking some material from outside the movies, it is following an EU canonicity policy. ;)

Yeah, only I would bother to keep up with Star Wars this much...... :xd:

Edited by Jeth Calark, 24 May 2009 - 04:25 AM.

#10 el kevo

el kevo

title available

• Members
  • 634 posts
  • Projects:Staff at Flameguard's "Game Sector Network"

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:58 AM

Yoda>Palpatine
The real question is if Mace Windu is more powerful then Palpatine. In the movies there is evidence to suppose that he really is and then there's evidence that says he isn't. Plus when asked if Palpatine had thrown the fight to Windu Lucas and that dumb producer remained quiet on the subject. i think delving into that is far more interesting then a Yoda v.s. Palpatine match.

Another interesting set-up would be Grevious v.s. Yoda. From the way the story is Mace Windu severely crippled Grevious before the beginning of the 3rd movie therefore making him easy prey. If he was fit and faced Yoda there could be a chance that he could win.

Think about it
Posted Image

#11 drogoth232

drogoth232

What a shame

• Members
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 02:19 PM

Stalemate. Think about it they were evenly matched. Only problem was that yoda clipped his nails thats all :crazed:
Wait... what?

#12 Grizzlez

Grizzlez

title available

• Project Team
  • 667 posts
  •  Coder/ini/FX writer, Skinner

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:38 PM

I said stalemate simply because it always seems that Yoda does everything due to having some knowledge of what is to come-it is possible he would choose not to go all out on Palpatine knowing that Anakin was the man to bring balance ot the force and left it to him later on to do.
I think it would be more likely that Palpatine would kill Yoda just because he would use all of his knowledge of the dark side to really try to kill Yoda where as Yoda would be holding back. I think Yoda is more experienced with the Force but their is a lot more power in the dark side.
Really contradictory lol :crazed: hence why I voted stalemate.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Annullus The Grey

Annullus The Grey

• Hosted
  • 269 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:00 PM

no this is where your wrong yoda didnt have faith in prophecy so to speak he never trusted anaklin really always believed that terrible darkness would happen if he trained him, he was blind in the force for the shroud of the darkside still clouded the force and he never again dared challenge the emperor or even vader

so i think what happened was this in his fight with palpatine he for a instant breaks through the darksides shroud seeing the new hope which is the birth of luke and liea he knows he cant win in this palpatine has him beaten he can fight palpatine yes but can he win not decisely about the best he can hope for is to take him with him. yoda realises he cannot win and thus flees to begin to prepare the one who can

people also forget yoda is old the force takes a toill perhaps when he was in his prime he was stronger than palpatine but at this point he is about the equivalent of an 86 year old man through the force he can bring back his prowess but at that age there is only so long one can continue after all didnt yoda once say "strong am i in the force but not that strong" yoda no matter how kickass he might be is old ad when one gets old one gets weaker

on the topic of windu versus palpatine i actually think to many people take that at face value what is one thing which is fundimental about anakin before his fall his belief in fighting for the oppressed. he uses windu to make anakin fight for him at no time was he as weak as he appeared he the consumate manipulator allows himself to be bested when he senses anakin coming back he lets himself falter all on the gambit of turning anakin to the darkside, but palpatine making such a gambit is so out of his nature it implies he had supreme control over the situation.

#14 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 24 May 2009 - 09:36 PM

That's true...but I still think Windu would beat Palpatine in pure saber skills.

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#15 Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Ed Of The 3rd Kind

Edward Fitzgerald

• Hosted
  • 945 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:59 AM

I think it is unarguable that Windu would've beaten Sidious in spite of what happened, even before Anakin arrived Windu proved more of an ability with the saber than Sidious, the only thing that had Windu at a loss was his faltering due to Anakin. But without a doubt I can almost guarantee Sidious would have lost to Windu, it's just one of those things I have a strong feeling about... even if Sidious threw the game, Windu was still better equipped but for the trust he placed in Anakin.... It is funny how Anakin in the end betrayed both in the actual rendition of the plot...

Edited by Ed Of The 3rd Kind, 25 May 2009 - 03:30 AM.

Posted Image

#16 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 25 May 2009 - 03:35 AM

Are you kiddin' me? Christopher Lee only dies in movies because of bad scripting. No one in real life can beat the awesome power of Christopher Lee! Just look at Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, The Castle of Fuman Chu. He owns everyone, but the stupid good guys just have to win in every stupid thing these days...

So if you see a character played by Lee, know they did that for a reason... So screw you Gandalf, Master Jedi and... random British people!

#17 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:05 AM

We're not talking about Dooku at all. ;) Unless you're just being totally random. ;)

#18 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:39 AM

I remember reading somewhere that Dooku said that if Yoda turned to the Dark Side, Sidious wouldn't stand a chance. That would make them equal. Yoda only lost because he wasn't concentrating on getting the height advantage as much as Sidious. Both were of tremendous power and, undeniably the most powerful Force-Users of their time.

Also, Dooku only dies because the idiots decide to make Anakin draw as much as he can from the Dark Side. That gave him the strength to defeat Dooku. If he weren't using the Dark Side, Dooku would have mutilated him and executed him, lest Palpatine decided to push him out of a window, use the Force to seal it off and try and help Anakin finish off Obi-Wan.

Concerning Mace vs. Palpatine, I do believe it would be more interesting than this. The duel would have gone longer had Anakin not shown up and Sidious not used the Force. We can say with the greatest certainty that Palpatine did fake at the end when he threw his lightsaber out of the window and in the Force throughout the fight, and this is explicitly stated in the Ep. III novel, but the lightsaber duel its self is hazy to put it lightly. If you watch the duel on Youtube, watch 1:02-1:05. You will see that Palpatine has Windu in a bad possition. He also didn't need to step back to avoid having his head hacked off and could have impaled Mace on the spot. In the end, if they were to use lightsabers only, I do believe it would be a draw or Palpatine barely coming out on top. Mace was one of the greatest duelists in the Order, and dueled on the same level as Yoda and Dooku. They both were as good as each other, and Yoda tied Palpatine in a duel (although I do hold the belief that Yoda may have disarmed Sidious; his lightsaber didn't have a belt clip and he'd be hacked up if he tried to put it up his sleeve again). We can only assume, then, that Mace was just as good as Palpatine.

EDIT: Quickly, at kevo, Grievous simply had repairs done on him and was fulfilled to his former glory before Obi-Wan destroyed him in a duel. The coughing was actually from when his body was scorched from the accident which caused him to be turned into a cyborg.

Edited by CIL, 25 May 2009 - 07:02 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#19 Devon

Devon

Dark Nerd of the Sith

• Global Moderators
  • 5,886 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member
  • Donated

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:07 PM

If you're going by the Ep 3 novel, Dooku would have thrown the fight anyway. He thought Sidious/Palpatine's plan was that he himself would be captured and Anakin return as a conquering general and lead the jedi and join Palpatine when he took over. Anakin was a bit too strong for him though...

yodasig2.png
My political compass

#20 dojob

dojob

AoW+DoW ftw

• Project Team
  • 1,304 posts
  • Projects:Beta testing for WoA, RJ, and KotW
  •  Cav Rusher + Beta Tester

Posted 25 May 2009 - 01:15 PM

Sidious knocked Yoda down and turned all his troops against him, so even if Yoda could've taken Sidious in a fight, deception>leadership.
Some helpful info on RotWK replays
Game Replays Forums; I am Panda Bear™
Awesome sig by TravTech :D PANDA POWER!!!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

And please add Bear-mans

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users