#1 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 24 May 2009 - 03:57 AM

RPG Name: The Lost and Damned (Might Change)

RPG Description: Enter the rebellion-torn atmosphere of a future colony of a Terran Trading Mega corporation Jupor Incorporated. You are one of the many workers living in one of the many poorly supplied sectors of massive networks of production factories manufacturing consumer goods. Join either the Guerrilla Faction of Rogue factory workers named The Freedmen's Union, trying to escape the clutches of the Corrupt Jupor Inc; or join the ranks of the growing power Jupor Incorporated and destroy the Unionists.

RPG Era: Future

RPG Plot:
Dugos, a newly found colony, is now a thriving manufacturing center in the Milky Way, producing more consumer goods than most other companies; realizing this opportunity, Jupor Inc. takes control of the Galaxy slowly. First, the presence of a massive monopoly, then the Hub of all colonies - Earth - is taken over by Jupor. In power, the CEO of Jupor, Fredorsh, now has an iron grip over Humanity, slaving them to do work for little pay. Workers have been receiving poorer and poorer living conditions; until one day, the water stopped coming, food imports halted, workers faced long, harsh droughts, and starvation seasons. The workers had enough, soldiers watching over the sectors started finding out their food and drink were continuously gone; an unlucky few workers were scapegoated and brutally beaten; the witnesses spread the word, sparking a galaxy-wide Insurgency.

Many workers of Dugos have noticed this and have replied by many rebellions, which lead to a large army of AI directed Cyborgs and Freedmen Union Insurgents; but one thing has momentarily halted their global takeover - The planet has little to no atmosphere - but this isn't going to stop them. Rumours lead to a giant mountain on Dugos's surface which says houses a plant which could create an atmosphere, possibly made by ancient aliens. A few Miners, some veteran Freedmen Union troops, and Demolition Experts have been deployed to seek this structure through a set of mysterious and said to be deadly network of caves.

Freedmen Union - They get an up-link from a nearby Freedmen Union base that sent them out that they have been attacked, the up-link is cut short. They are now trapped without guidance in a mysterious network of caves, blood-curdling screeches echo throughout the tunnels and flickering lights dot the caves. It is believed Jupor Inc. troops are dotting the caves and tunnels trying to cut the miners off. You are one of these men, and you're going to do whatever it takes to help your brethren achieve victory.

Jupor Inc. - Many make-shift outposts have been made throughout the tunnel and cave systems, most notably a main Hub for the Cavern operations Central Operations Base 27-S. Notes of Mutated, cannibalistic creatures, frightening monsters, and blood-curdling screeches have shot back and forth through outposts, but most went on deaf ears. Only until the mysterious slaughter of Outpost 59-G were the creatures seemingly haunting the caverns noted as a threat. You're part of a large dispatched team designated to do two missions, destroy any lairs these horrid creatures control and slaughter the team of Freedmen Union Insurgents.

RPG Leader(s): Durandel

Sub Forums -

The Descent - Journey through the Perilous underground caves of Dugos.

Database Files - Where-in the people of Dugos are filed and saved for viewing by authorities.

Setting Up Camp - Settle in, enjoy the rations, and share your stories.

---

I'd like to state that the game Red Faction and the movie The Descent have influenced me mostly to make this Role-Play.

Oh, and I won't be suprised if this fails like the rest do, just keep it up so when people are interested, we can start it up. :crazed:

Edited by Durandel, 24 May 2009 - 08:58 PM.

#2 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 24 May 2009 - 04:42 PM

Ah, Red Faction...now that's a game. Anyway, sounds cool. I like the unusual direction of that - reading it I was expecting a place in the galaxy-spanning war but this is much cooler using that simply as a background :p So yeah, I'm in.

One small thing though - "but one thing has stopped them...but this isn't going to stop them". Might wanna reword that a little :crazed:
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#3 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  •  The Undead

Posted 24 May 2009 - 08:51 PM

Ah, Red Faction...now that's a game. Anyway, sounds cool. I like the unusual direction of that - reading it I was expecting a place in the galaxy-spanning war but this is much cooler using that simply as a background :p So yeah, I'm in.

One small thing though - "but one thing has stopped them...but this isn't going to stop them". Might wanna reword that a little :p

Oh, whoops. :crazed: Fixed.

Alright, I have 1/5 people interested.

#4 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 25 May 2009 - 06:57 AM

Too many RPG's now for a new one to be starting up, thats my opinion anyway. If we archive an RPG or two, then there might be room for this, but till such a time, my initial opinion stands.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  •  The Undead

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:42 AM

Too many RPG's now for a new one to be starting up, thats my opinion anyway. If we archive an RPG or two, then there might be room for this, but till such a time, my initial opinion stands.

Like Vortigern said to me, stop doing our job for us. ;)

#6 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:55 PM

Technically, Dur, it should be stop doing [his] job for [him]. ;) Seeing as you ain't RPG Frontier Staff... yet. ;)
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#7 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  •  The Undead

Posted 25 May 2009 - 04:24 PM

Technically, Dur, it should be stop doing [his] job for [him]. ;) Seeing as you ain't RPG Frontier Staff... yet. :tongevil:

True, very true. ;)

#8 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:00 PM

Aaaaaanyway, anyone got anything relevant to say? :dry:
Aka expressing interest or ideas.
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users