• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:34 AM

Well i'm bored so i thought i would make this. Basically a list of awards for who was the best (in all of gundam) in each category. you can make your own categories if you'd like. Sense i've only seen a couple of Gundam series so far many of these may change over time . So far here's mine:

-Best Protagonist
Winner: Heero Yuy
Basically this was one of the only protagonists that hasn't pissed me off so far. Sure he's really weird but he also isn't overly whiny.
Runner up: Amuro
He was the first therefore he's worth mentioning.

-Best Antagonist
Winner: Rau Le Crueset
Well he was crazy and wanted to destroy earth. Plus he was good at making Kira's life miserable. A shame he wasn't in dynasty warriors gundam 2.
Runner up: Char
Since Rau was based off of him and he was the first he deserves mentioning.

-Worst Protagonist
Winner: Shin Asuka
why? this is why. "Steeeeeeeeeeeeeellllllllaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr!!"
Runner up: Setsuna
Where do i even begin with this guy...

-Worst Antagonist
Winner: Lord Gibril
Sigh... he always ran away and made others fight for him. In the end he died trying to escape again. He was just annoying.
Runner up: Patrick Zala
He just pissed me off soo much.

-Best supporting character
Winner: Quattro
Well i know he is Char but considering how he was more of a supporting character then a antagonist i think he fit the role well.
Runner up: Mu
He wasnt bad in seed but i feel he declined in destiny (how the hell did he survive that laser? I'm calling bs on that).

-Most memorable scene
Winner: Freedom getting skewered by the Impulse
It just sticks in my mind.

-Most peculiar/wtf? character
Winner: Master Asia
"The school of Master Asia is invincible!!" enough said.
Runner up: Yuna Roma Seiran
Never have i wanted to punch someone in the face as much as this guy.

-Most memorable grunt:
Winner: Joshua (Gundam 00)
I'm not sure why but he just sticks in my head the most.
Runner up: Heine
I loved that Gouf Ignited.

-Most memorable major character death scene
Winner: Lockon Stratos (season 1)
One of the only characters in Gundam 00 i liked died in a sad way and failed to kill Ali Al. Terrible way for him to buy it.

-Most memorable grunt death scene:
Heine getting skewered from behind by Stella. Damnit Kira and Stella!!

-Best Gundam series
Winner: Gundam Wing
For the few that i've seen so far this is the one that i'm not dissapointed with.

-Worst Gundam series
Winner: Tie between Seed Destiny and Gundam 00.
Both had major flaws that made them both bad and therefore both needed a lot of work.

-Best opening/ending theme:
Winner: Ash Like Snow (Gundam 00)
I really enjoyed this one.

-Best Gundam
Winner: Wing Zero Custom
The wings..... I can't get past the Wings!!
Runner up: Gundam
Again its the first and worth mentioning.

-Worst Gundam
Winner: 00 Gundam
It looked ridiculously overweight and it's design was poor.
Runner up: Kyrios/ Arios
I wasn't impressed with this thing

-Best Mobile suit (cannon fodder unit)
Winner: Tie between Zaku and Gouf
Both of these i love.
Runner up: Bawoo
The mobile suit that glemy pilots in dynasty warriors gundam is nice.

-Worst Mobile suit (cannon fodder unit)
Winner: Zaku Tank
It's like taking a Zaku and removing all of its mobility and speed. Why!? Just why would you make this!?
Runner up: Ball
I understand the need for something prior to the mobile suit but this thing is still messed up.

-Best Char clone:
Winner: Millardo Peacecraft
Again i havent seen many of the Gundam series so this one isn't final. Of the ones i've seen however he's a pretty good Char clone.
Runner up: Rau
Yup. He was a Char clone but was still a unique character at the same time. He gives Zechs a run for his money.

Edited by Re4_wesker, 27 May 2009 - 12:15 AM.

#2 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts
  • Projects:Gundam Legacy

Posted 25 May 2009 - 12:09 PM

-Best Protagonist
Winner: Amuro

-Best Antagonist
Winner: Char, Anavel Gato

-Worst Protagonist
Winner: Jesus Yamato, Athrun Zala, Stesuna Fag Seia, Allejuah, Copout 2.0, Tieria Erde, Dearka

-Worst Antagonist
Winner: Zechs, Ribbons, Innovators, Yzak, Dearka,

-Best supporting character
Winner: Bright Noa

He FALCON PUNCHES every faggy little kid and turns them into soldiers, case in point, no Bright Noa in Seed or 00 and every character in those shows are faggots.

-Most memorable scene
Winner: When the crossbone vanguard launches in Gundam F91, watching this scene in 720p is beautiful, the animation is great, the music is great, it's just such a well put together scene,

-Most peculiar/wtf? character
Winner: Jesus Yamato, Athrun Zala, Stesuna Fag Seia, Allejuah, Copout 2.0, Tieria Erde for "HOW THE FUCK DID THE DIRECTOR THINK THESE WERE GOOD CHARACTERS"

-Most memorable grunt:
Winner: the purple hair dude from f91 (name escapes me atm. it's too late at night for me to bother looking it up)

-Most memorable major character death scene
Winner: Amuro Ray/Char (debateable, but they don't reappear anywhere in the UC century afterwards, also go die, Full Frontal isn't char.)

-Most memorable grunt death scene:
Winner: the little girl in Victory Gundam, she thinks the blonde chick has switched side and flies over to her, only to get a giant laser cannon knock into her gundams, exploding and vaporizing her. (fuck I love Victory for the absolute slaugher fest it was)

-Best Gundam series
Winner: Original

-Worst Gundam series
Winner: Destiny/00

-Best opening/ending theme:
Winner: 0083 1st

-Best Gundam
Winner: Turn A, by far the most interesting gundam ever made (SPOILERS: continuously destroying humanity, yay)

-Worst Gundam
Winner: 00, freedom, justice, strike freedom, infinite justice, akatsuki, cheridum, tiera's two gundams, allejuah's two gundams, exia, strike, impulse, destiny

-Best Mobile suit (cannon fodder unit)
Winner: Zaku 2

Winner: Ahead

-Best Char clone:
Winner: Rau (fuck Zechs, he wasn't a char clone, he was Char, their lives played out the exact fucking same, he was a ripoff of Char, Rau was at least interesting and he killed Flay)

oh, and Full Frontal.

Winner: Zaku Tank
It's like taking a Zaku and removing all of its mobility and speed. Why!? Just why would you make this!?

Zeon's war on the earth's surface was fucked, they were running out of parts and had to makeshift mobile suits. The Zaku Tank was primarily a construction vehicle used to build bases and the like, it was never meant for battle.

Acting leader of the Gundam Legacy mod team.
Posted Image
We are always looking for new members! PM me if you are interested in helping!

#3 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:23 PM

Zeon's war on the earth's surface was fucked, they were running out of parts and had to makeshift mobile suits. The Zaku Tank was primarily a construction vehicle used to build bases and the like, it was never meant for battle.

oh i see. well thanks for the info.

oh and i added runner ups to mine as well.

Edited by Re4_wesker, 25 May 2009 - 08:31 PM.

#4 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:51 AM

Correction, it's Officially named the Bright Slap. shapes up emo kids into proper soldiers any day.

I have to disagree on Peacecraft. sure he was a bit rushed but he's more of an anti-hero rather than an antagonist.

Also, what did you have against Dareka-Wo
{SNIP -Mastermind}
So many animes, so little time............

Currently taken over SG's role as the master of Lolis. lol

#5 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 27 May 2009 - 10:51 AM

I have no disagreement about 00's characters, but i disagree that 00's gundams are bad. Especially cherudim/dynames. Wont bother defending my claim...will start flamewar, as usual. And Turn A is horrendous....mustached gundam....
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#6 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 28 May 2009 - 01:28 AM

I have no disagreement about 00's characters, but i disagree that 00's gundams are bad. Especially cherudim/dynames. Wont bother defending my claim...will start flamewar, as usual. And Turn A is horrendous....mustached gundam....

i have nothing against cherudim/dynames. Seravee was meh. The only ones i especially disliked was the 00 (for reasons already stated) and the kyios/Arios. Why the Arios? because i've seen it before. It's the generic transformable gundam and there was nothing that set it apart.

#7 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 30 May 2009 - 08:39 AM

Turn A, well, that's one of those things where you'll either love it or hate it.

I've had the same thought as you, but as of late I've been growing to accept that moustach. I dont know why, probably because I've been on /m/ alot lately, but it's upgraded to a symbol ot absolute terror and power.

Gundam Monster!!!

Dont ask me how this started, it's a long story, and frankly, im a bit afraid to tell it.

Edit: btw, there's a much scarier version of this, but I'll keep that for later...

Attached Thumbnails

• GundamMonster.png

Edited by Crusader, 30 May 2009 - 08:39 AM.

{SNIP -Mastermind}

#8 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 09:48 PM

Turn A, well, that's one of those things where you'll either love it or hate it.

I've had the same thought as you, but as of late I've been growing to accept that moustach. I dont know why, probably because I've been on /m/ alot lately, but it's upgraded to a symbol ot absolute terror and power.

Gundam Monster!!!

Dont ask me how this started, it's a long story, and frankly, im a bit afraid to tell it.

Edit: btw, there's a much scarier version of this, but I'll keep that for later...

0.o as if the first one wasnt bad enough. what should this one be called? the apocalypse gundam?

#9 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 30 May 2009 - 10:29 PM

Basically, this thing has a Dendrobium attached to it, with then replaced the main gun with a large version of Full Armor ZZ's cannon, then has 2 of Double X's satallite cannons attached to the top, then add Funnels, add moonlight butterfly wings.

After that, 3 of these things replace the Invinciball's main weapon and arms, and has Wing Zero Custom's wings attached to that

I wont upload anything until someone asks me to, and I'll do it in steps.....

request at your own risk ^^
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#10 Dark Lord Revan

Dark Lord Revan

Resident Dark Lord

• Members
  • 805 posts
  •  Whiney Troublemaker XD

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:22 AM

Arios was far better than seravee or 00. The generic transformable gundam? It has enough unique features already. Just because its transformable like Zeta doesnt make it a zeta clone, or any other clone. Seravee is the really lousy one, its just a mass of guns like someone just spammed barrels into the design.

Turn A...ok, theres nothing too wrong with it, other than the mustache, having no crest and otherwise not looking like a gundam, but its also part of a series that shouldnt have happened. Most ppl in japan dont consider Turn A canon, since it tries to connect universes that cant really connect.
This post is now diamonds, DERP

USS Seraphim-NCC-94283 (Majestic-class Assault Battlecrusier)
VICE ADMIRAL Revek of Vulcan
2nd Executive Flag Officer, Task Force Tactical - Alpha Squadron, IV Fleet - (Singapore) RETIRED, to "Ornery Senior Advisor"
"Strike First, Strike Cold, Strike Fast"

#11 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:03 AM

Arios was far better than seravee or 00. The generic transformable gundam? It has enough unique features already. Just because its transformable like Zeta doesnt make it a zeta clone, or any other clone. Seravee is the really lousy one, its just a mass of guns like someone just spammed barrels into the design.

Turn A...ok, theres nothing too wrong with it, other than the mustache, having no crest and otherwise not looking like a gundam, but its also part of a series that shouldnt have happened. Most ppl in japan dont consider Turn A canon, since it tries to connect universes that cant really connect.

ok so what did the arios have? all i can remember is a gun and maybe a sword. it didn't have anything going for it that made it stand out. atleast seravee was a 2 in one gundam making it somewhat unique. Everything that i've seen with the arios is something i've seen before in gundam. There wasn't a single defining moment for me during gundam 00 that arios stood out in. The only moment that Kyrios stood out was with the pincer style shield and maybe the missle pack it used now and then. aside from that it was dull.

anyways what era did Turn A take place in? UC or some other timeline? I don't see how you could freak out about canon if Turn A took place in it's own universe.

Apparently however Loran was supposed to be a girl protagonist in the show. However Sunrise disagreed with the writers idea and made Loran a male protagonist. Gotta say it was a bad move considering how when i first saw Loran i was like "wtf is that a girl? wait someone just reffered to it as him..."

As for the Turn A itself i'm pretty neutral when it comes to it. I don't really hate it but i don't overly like it. That may change though once i start using it in Dynasty warriors gundam 2.

#12 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:06 AM

Turn A is better viewed as an alternate universe, and that's all there is to it. just some familiar stuff in it, doesnt have to connect.

Same way the O Gundam isnt the ancestor to the RX-78, which some people were trying to say.

It's still interesting
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#13 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 12:29 PM

^ Go die faggot.

Canon wise, the Turn A gundam is the most powerful gundam ever, and it gets my respect for that.

Posted Image

#14 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 11:36 PM

Hello everyone! My mod YR: Timeline has been released! There's a new version still ongoing.

Download it here:

http://yuritimeline....m/downloads.htm

Also there are some SHP and Voxels released by me!

wtf?

Master Asia will not fall for your trap!!

#15 Digz

Digz

title available

• Division Leaders
  • 1,070 posts
  • Projects:Petrolution
  • Division:Petrolution
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

Sorry about that spammer, he's been spamming everywhere, he's apparently gone now so we're all just trying to find posts of him, if you do see a post form him anywhere just report it please.

#16 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:42 AM

^ Go die faggot.

Canon wise, the Turn A gundam is the most powerful gundam ever, and it gets my respect for that.

Wait was that pointed at me? O_O0
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#17 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 06:13 AM

No, some faggot spammer posted some shit and I told him to go die, then his post got deleted.

Posted Image

#18 Re4_wesker

Re4_wesker

Antagonist

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 04:02 PM

look at the quote in my previous post and you'll see what sg's post was directed to.

#19 Crusader

Crusader

Prefessional Mercenary

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  Jack of all trades

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:10 AM

yeah, that's what I thought, but the time stamp was a bit weird so I wasnt completely sure.

Anyways, sorry for the mixup
{SNIP -Mastermind}

#20 Stargazer

Stargazer

Usurper

• Hosted
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:47 PM

*strokes crusaders hair*

You know I wub you baby ;)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users