Have at you! Put 'em here!

#2 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:51 PM

Have at you! Put 'em here!

Well that worked!

Ok - some ideas to get the ball rolling. Others can add from here.

Blood Claws
- flurry of axe blows to the torse, finished by an uppercut
- throws one axe, embeds in head, retrieves axe, kicks body (Meph groans at the thought of the animation involved)
- decapitation using scissoring double axe slice.

Alphas
- powerfist envelops the head, chainsword to the guts
- headbut, enemy kneels - kicked in the face
- SPECIFIC - vs. Wraithlord - jumps over it - plants bomb on back - blows up.
others same as assault marine (but no bolt pistol)

Long Fangs
- angles heavy weapon butt down to the ground, allowing it to be fired into the torso of the enemy at close range
+ normal heavy weapon marines

Grey Hunter
- misses with the chainsword swing but fires bolter underarm into enemies' midriff
- clothes-lines charging enemy with bolter arm
- as tactical

Wolf Guard
- hook enemy head using axe, pull down, fire weapon into midriff
- kick followed by axe into the middle of the head - enemy convulses
- drops axe - but grabs a knife from belt and pins it in enemy's neck
vs. Squiggoth - Squiggoth rears and pack leader leaps - embedding the axe in the belly, sliding down and ripping the belly apart

Wolf Scout
- throws grenade on the ground, trips enemy to fall onto it - boom
- pushed to ground by enemy, but manages to turn the enemy over to where an unseen trap explodes and snaps around their head
- as vanilla scout

Terminators
- as vanilla
- lightning claws - skewer and throw?
- power axe and storm shield - storm shield to the face, dazed enemy is decapitated

Grimnar
- axe haft to the face, double handed overhead swing down through body
- firing stormbolter into enemy face over axe haft
- rams axe head into stomach then face , dazed enemy is nonchanantly pushed over with one hand
SPECIFIC - vs. Demon Prince - hurls Morkai - the axe spins around the Demon Prince with a life of its own and embeds itself in the back of the Demon Prince's head
vs. Bloodthirster - Grimnar is knocked down - but before the BT can finish him a glowing ision of the Emperor appears behind it - and it cowers and burns.
vs. Squiggoth - Squiggoth rears and Grimnar leaps - embedding the axe in the belly, sliding down and ripping the belly apart

Ragnar
- leaps, feet onto enemy shoulders, twists in mid air, enemy goes flying, Ragnar lands hands down and recovers
- haft to the face - then a slow diagonal cut across the body (psrticularly for frostfang)
- enemy runs at Ragnar, he drops, puts his legs to midriff and pushes - enemy goes flying (I learnt this when I used to do Judo - it WORKS)
- Ragnar runs up enemies body, leaps over, kicks their head viciously from behind, lands (showoff)
- may borrow some FC animations
vs. Warboss - Warboss knocks Ragnar down, and moves to finish him, but Ragnar turns and impales him as he descends

Njal -
- as librarian
- turns enemy into a (non-descript) ice sculpture, then shatters it (ahem - might be a little tricky)
- uses staff to mesmerise and levitate enemy, hurls them away
- opens a gate behind the enemy - pushes them through it - gate closes haha.
- may borrow some FC animations - eg. Bloodthirster
Vs. Bloodthirster - Bloodthirster is swallowed by a Tornado

Rune Priest
- vs. Greater Knarloc - Rune Priest jams his spear into Gnarloc's jaws and it bites down, skewering its head

Wolves
- leap, bear enemy to ground, and hold throat=
- may borrow from kroot hounds + warp beasts if possible (bone structure likely different)

Wolf of Fenris
- as above +
- grab enemy leg in jaws, hurl them away

Ulrik-
as Chaplain
Vs. Krootox - jumps onto back, pulls gun barrel down with crozius, Kroot shoots Krootox, Ulrik kills Kroot with plasma pistol

Dreadnought-
as vanilla - they're cool

Bjorn
- as vanilla +
- hurls enemy in air, shoots it down
- skewers enemy on power claw, thows away
SPECIFIC - vs. enemy commanders - throws them up and they land skewerd on his back banner pole - ha!

Wulfen
- bite neck
- dislocating slash to the head - enemy spins and falls
- holds enemy aloft, pinning and crushing them - then hurls away

Iron Priest
- grabs enemy in all servo claws - fires all weapons into torso
- thunderhammer and haft blows
SPECIFIC - vs. killa kan - (when with servo harness) - servo arms hold walkers' fists and IP hammers at the heart of the machine with his thunderhammer

Lukas
- wolf claws to stomach, enemy doubles, knees head
- headbut to the face, enemy kneels, plasm pistol finish
- vs. Archon - they lock claws, but then Lukas bites his nose off and the bleeding Archon is finished off by a cackling Luka

Arjac
- uses Anvil shield to punch
- borrow assault termie ones
Vs. Necron Lord - Arjac sweeps the Lord's feet using foehammer, then uses the anvil shield as a chisel, hammered down by foehammer to crack the Lord's chest

If I were to achieve all that then that would be a total of over 30 new sync kill animations. Phew. Oh and I'd need to model the Emperor - hahahah.

Edited by Mephistoned, 04 October 2009 - 03:47 PM.

#3 Chaplain261

Chaplain261
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 02:39 PM

Well all of them sound great, and I wish you the best of luck. I'm slowly progressing just downloaded Corsix Studio and about to download some other needed things. I should be able to help you guys sooner than later. But really those sync kills would be epic.

#4 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:18 PM

Well all of them sound great, and I wish you the best of luck. I'm slowly progressing just downloaded Corsix Studio and about to download some other needed things. I should be able to help you guys sooner than later. But really those sync kills would be epic.

They're ambitious, but not beyond all possibility. I have a feeling the Emperor may already be modelled somewhere - but I daresay I could put together something fairly adequate - especially since it would be glowing and therefore less visible.

That's rousing news Chaplain. Do talk to Chief Scout as well - as he is the Iron Priest in charge of the coding. He's using Corsix.

Still really need people to help out with FX, rigging, animation, textures and Object Editor.

#5 Chief_Scout

Chief_Scout
  • Members
  • 57 posts
  • Projects:Chief (aha ha) Coder - Wolf Lords MOD

Posted 31 May 2009 - 03:35 PM

They're ambitious, but not beyond all possibility. I have a feeling the Emperor may already be modelled somewhere - but I daresay I could put together something fairly adequate - especially since it would be glowing and therefore less visible.

That's rousing news Chaplain. Do talk to Chief Scout as well - as he is the Iron Priest in charge of the coding. He's using Corsix.

Still really need people to help out with FX, rigging, animation, textures and Object Editor.

in terms of the emporer, i'm sure someone was makeing a god units mod that contained him, was a absaoulty lovely model
dunno if we could get it though seeing as the mod hasent been releaced yet and there has been no preogress for ages

on a related note, when we are in the final stages of this mod we should get a map similar to the tyrnid mod one, essentially a scar coded thing that allows you to choose diffrent units to fight each other. good for looking at sync kills
Posted Image

#6 Long Fang

Long Fang
  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • Projects:Wolf Lords, intrested in others
  •  suggestionist >:D

Posted 31 May 2009 - 06:19 PM

the work involved in some of those things is horrifying. for instance modelling a squiggoth with is belly ripped open ^^
War Within, War Without, War Unending. For Russ and the Alfather! For the Wolftime!

#7 Chaplain261

Chaplain261
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:35 PM

Horrifying yes, but worth it and possible. Hi Chief Scout, yeah the God mod your talking about, too bad it hasn't been activated for a while, but trust me, I don't think it is even close to being forgotten.

#8 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 08:57 PM

Horrifying yes, but worth it and possible. Hi Chief Scout, yeah the God mod your talking about, too bad it hasn't been activated for a while, but trust me, I don't think it is even close to being forgotten.

Well if we can get an Emperor - great - if not I can easily throw something together - just needs to suggest the Emperor - since it's an effect. Golden armour and all. Hell the existing FC armour is pretty damn elaborate already. Add a different head and texture and you're laughing.

That map sounds handy.

As for the Squig - well I wasn't planning on modelling falling innards - just covering the tear with lots of blood FX - ha!

#9 Chaplain261

Chaplain261
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:58 PM

True, you might have to make him more elaborate though and dare I say a bit bigger. :)

#10 Vaz

Vaz
  • Project Team
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:28 PM

Why the Emperor was only a Man, after all. I don't see why he has to be Super Human in size - just because his Primarchs, were. Hell, you've all seen Rocky, or Rambo, somewhere along the lines. Sly Stallone's tiny, and I think it would be hilarious to see a Guard Scaled model as the Emperor.

Incidentally, for Sync Kills -

for Wulfen, perhaps certain creatures - Heroes/Elite Infantry etc, put their claws into their abdomen, and "pull". Like in the none Censored DC opening with the Wraith? I think this already animated somewhere in the vanilla actually.

Another for the Wulfen - lift an enemy up by the throat, then dive in with the neck, and rip it out, then throw it away like a Dreadnought.

For Bjorn - just stands on an enemy. Perhaps he knocks them down to the ground, then just stamps. And rubs the heel in for good measure.

For Grimnar, instead of diving around, how about having him eaten, then cut his way out of the squiggoths belly?

Loving these ideas. I'm getting back into modding, and learning a little bit about the OE in times when I'm off duty, so fingers crossed, I can share my time between this and the rear end of the Dark Angels, if you need some help. I'll need a couple of weeks to get some any talent in it, but it's there if you're really DESPERATE. Not for a week or so at most, though, Haha!

#11 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:28 AM

Hey Vaz - love the idea for the Squiggoth - that's very tempting indeed!

An OE man would be awesome! Just what we need. However, we're still a way off OE. I want to polish off modelling - a few weeks to a month perhaps, then I can get going with rigging and animating - and that's I guess where we start to need you. So don't panic, by all means polish off DE - but do stay in touch - you are NEEDED.

Should really have Ocean's Eleven style names for these roles:

Organ Eater - OE guy
Hexter-texter - texture artist
Fecking Xer - FX artists
Who's yer Daddy - mod leaader
Brody-cody - coder
Big-rig - rigger/ animator
Slicer-dicer - unwrapper
Arctic Iceman - AI guy

Hehe.

#12 Long Fang

Long Fang
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:34 AM

thought id not reply for a while to this post......

whats my epic name?
War Within, War Without, War Unending. For Russ and the Alfather! For the Wolftime!

#13 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 01:47 PM

thought id not reply for a while to this post......

whats my epic name?

Er. 2.30? Geddit?

#14 Chaplain261

Chaplain261
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 02:33 PM

Sorry that I can't assist in modding right now guys, I'm about to leave for 3 weeks and all my free time is shot to shit. Good luck though.

Well considering the Emperor, the FC armor would be fine, but Vaz by no means is he just a man, he is made up of the collected souls of around thousand or hundreds of Shamans who all were reincarnated into one human body. Sorry about the number of shamans, don't really remember the exact number.

#15 Long Fang

Long Fang
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 03:06 PM

that name fails mep

above post belongs in fluff :p

#16 Chaplain261

Chaplain261
  • Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 June 2009 - 07:01 PM

Yeah sorry just replying to another post.

#17 gesmana

gesmana
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:01 PM

Sync Kill idea:
Wulven rips the "driver" out of walker. wulfen knocks enemy at his back and starting to claw and bite him (can be possibly stolen from Krootox). Wulven claws like crazy (stolen from Wraith)
and that wulven "holds enemy aloft, pinning and crushing them - then hurls away" sync kill could be replaced with flayed one sync kill.

Iron Priest:
Grabs enemys head with his servo arm, twist, breaking his neck. (I would really like to see this one)

Blood Claw:
Impales his axe to enemys chest with full power, enemy falls to his knees, Blood Claw retrieves axe and kicks enemy to his back.

SPECIFIC - vs. enemy walkers - (when with servo harness) - servo arms hold walkers' fists and IP hammers at the heart of the machine with his thunderhammer

Dont know if they really are that powerful.

2-3 sync kills per unit is enought, now all we need is animators ^^

Edited by gesmana, 04 July 2009 - 10:54 AM.

#18 Long Fang

Long Fang
  • Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:53 PM

"we" ;) ? u just joined today :sad:

were doing the best with what we got

wulven ripping out drivers would be difficult i imagine

#19 gesmana

gesmana
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 10:43 AM

"we" :p ? u just joined today :p

were doing the best with what we got

wulven ripping out drivers would be difficult i imagine

Ive done 30% sound FX and 100% of all music.
So no, i did not join yesterday.

And thatwas just sync kill IDEA, possible but too hard.

But i would just love to see that Rune Priest sync kill. Graps enemys head with servo arm, small twist, neck broken, looses his head, and lifeless corpse falls to ground. Clean and epic

Edited by gesmana, 04 July 2009 - 07:32 PM.

#20 Mephistoned

Mephistoned
  • Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:00 AM

Would that be Gesmana as in Noobie? All this hiding our identities - like a superhero comic round here.

I'm sure that iron priest synkill is possible. And I am now thinking about how to rip the driver out of penitent engine!

All contributions welcome! That's what this is for!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users