15 replies to this topic

#1 Casojin

Casojin

Democracy not Dictatorship

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:19 AM

Klaxon went off and Ziron Palsar Duan sighed. Another inertial compensator had just been disabled by the extreme stress on this transport vessel. Smoke filled the bridge as one more console exploded. Duan had never felt so desperate before in her life. Nearby the helm officer, Pomak Kernula Prao, was doing her best to steady the vessel course toward the nearest moon with breathable atmosphere. The Generous Lady was small private transport vessel with 28 crew and low hyperdrive speed. It was en route to meet an Earther merchant ship when a pirate raider struck. The Generous Lady was forced to slow down to normal space and Duan had tried a strange tactic. She dumped hydrogen at the pirate vessel when it closed in for boarding and blasted it with aft photon cannon.

Unfortunately, the explosion disabled main propulsion engines and sent the transport running toward the gas giant. Prao was able to activate reserved thrusters long enough to alter course toward the moon instead, allowing them a chance to live. Duan could feel the ship shaking hard. Prao shouted a report. "Entering atmosphere."

"Send distress signal all frequency." Duan turned toward the communication officer.

The officer replied as loudly as he could but his voice was barely heard, "Sent, my lady."

Duan then pressed intercom button. "All hands, brace for impact."

That was the last thing she remembered before the Generous Lady crashed.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#2 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 25 May 2009 - 08:34 AM

Cythelu Patrol Ship Perilous Journey had just exited hyperspace when a nearby moon shone bright with a gleaming light of pure white and yellow. "Sir, we have picked up a land anomaly not far from our position, on Darbus V. It isn't natural either." a young orange coated Fox turned to a commander, old and aware, rubbing his chin in question. "Take us to that moon over there, prepare a few salvage and rescue teams, and some shock troop squa-"

The Commander twitched, a middle-aged female fox, bright with white fur, bustled through the doorway "Fleet Ofycer, sir, we have data about the Vessel. It sent out a distress signal a few seconds ago." the old Wolf considered it, and relaxed further into his chair. "Go on,"

"The Vessel is a Fonoss Transport Class, named Generous Lady. Leader of the ship is said to be Ziron Parsal Duan, it crashed on the moon Darbus V, this is all we could attain, sir." the fox did a quick salute and walked out of the room.

"Scratch the OSTs, I just want salvage and rescue teams, and ASAP, Lieutenant." the weathered and decorated Wolf raised from his seat and made his way out of the Control Room. "Oh, and prepare me a Drop-ship, I want to meet these 'Fonoss'."

The Pilot stuttered a quiet "On it, sir." The doors slammed shut.

The hallways were quiet and empty when he entered the lower decks 'Personnel must still be in Cryo-status.' He finally reached the main hangar, surprisingly cluttered with men walking left and right throughout the huge Hangar. He raised an eyebrow, 'Or not.' Two formally dressed men greeted him, "Sir, the Drop-ship is ready, would you be so kind as to let us lead you to it?" the Wolf nodded and followed behind the two supposedly Dogs. He walked flight after flight of stairs until a Drop-ship could be seen waiting for it's cargo. "Here we are sir, after you." Lector took his seat in the drop-ship, closely behind the guards.

A clank was heard and the drop-ship rocked, signalling it was in space. 'Lets not make a bad impression.'

Edited by Durandel, 25 May 2009 - 08:38 AM.

#3 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 26 May 2009 - 02:42 AM

Prao was awaken on the cold deck. She clambered up slowly and felt a sharp pain in her left arm. She reached out for it and felt slick liquid which can be nothing but blood all over her arm. She used her right arm to pull herself to sitting position and started to survey the damage of her surrounding. The Prime Lady was face-down on the deck just in front of the central seat. Prao saw blood pasted all over Duan's garment. The only source of light was coming from the huge hole in the ceiling. Only then she realized that the power system must be down. Prao tried to find all bridge crew members visually. She almost threw up when she saw what was left of the communication officer. His body parts scattered near his exploded station. The bulkhead must have collapsed and crushed his body when the explosion took place, tearing what remains of his lifeless body apart.

Focusing her will, Pomak Kernula Prao forced a panel beneath the helm station open and pulled the field-aid kit out. She applied med-gel to her injury and pumped painkiller rod into her left arm. After a short while, the pain was gone. She brought herself up and headed toward the Prime Lady. Rolling the unconcious ship commander over, she started to check for injury. With an emergency scanner in field-aid kit, she discovered that Duan had massive internal bleeding. With nothing else to do, she continued to search for survivors. Apparently another bridge officer survived, a male sensor officer. He got concussion and was unconcious. There was nothing else Prao could do to him either, so she walked toward the hatch with hope of finding more survivors.

The hatch was jammed and blocked with collapsed bulkhead. Her hope vanished in an instant. Prao was left to wonder who would be the rescuer.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#4 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  •  The Undead

Posted 28 May 2009 - 02:37 AM

Once the Rescue teams and Salvage squads were dispatched, the view of the crash site was clear, parts of what-once was hull and trading equiptment was smoldering metal, the ship looked collapsed, giving no hope of many survivors. Hiyufer, a main Rescue and Salvage leader, stood outside a hatch of what was probably a link up to some sort of room; probably torn from the ship and destroyed. "Fyisr, put up a oxygen bubble, Yerfo, cut it."

The men compiled with their orders, and in seconds the heavy door collapsed upon itself. A large, tall reptilian like creature stood in front of them, wounded and hopeless. His men leaped back in sheer terror and surprise, Hiyufer being the only one calm; "Do not be suprised, they're wounded, we're here to help, now get.... It, into a pod, any other personnel as well, alive or dead, I want them out of here." groups of men gained their confidence and started their work, a few men tried talking and persuading the live Fonoss to get into the set up pod.

#5 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 28 May 2009 - 03:50 AM

OOC: I wouldn't consider the Fonai to be reptillian. I was thinking that their chitin layer would be hard to a touch (and elastic around the joints) but not quite detectable visually. Other will see Fonai as pale skin giant human with strange hair color (in some case) from distance.

-------------------------------------------------

Prao stared at these canine-like beings with doubt. She had never seen any of them before in her life. Her shivering must be visible because some of them were trying to talk in a strange language as if to calm her down. Prao wondered why the communicator didn't work and when she looked down she saw a broken circuit on her armband on her left arm. Oh right. They're damage just like my arm.

She decided to communicate non-vocally. Her finger pointed at the armband and she shook her hand around her throat while mimicking a speech. Then as if her communication got through, her rescuers activated something. "Can you understand me now?"

"Yes, great. That's great. My communicator is broken." Prao seemed to be overjoyed. "Please help us."

The alien told her to get into a pod of sort. Prao replied after thinking for a few seconds. She pointed at Duan. "Ooo...kay. Please help our Prime Lady first. She's the most important person on this ship."
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#6 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  •  The Undead

Posted 28 May 2009 - 12:23 PM

The men complied, and in return a group of men went to the task of lifting the wounded Prime Lady onto a recovery pod. "All of them?" the men saluted and started evacuating with the Fonoss bodies "Don't worry, you're safe with us." Hiyufer smirked at the Fonai and took a last check.

After surveying the ruined landscape, he finally left, leaving behind the remains for the salvage bots. The doors to the craft closed and they left for their ship Perilous Journey.

Once the ship got back to the Hangar, the hatch opened, releasing many wounded bodies. "Take all the wounded to the Medical center, the dead to the observation station, and I want the live one with me." The Fonai was released and as they walked, many other Fonai left, carried by the men who took them. "Well, I have reports that you are a Fonai, quite interesting species. Our commander would be pleased to meet you, but do not worry, your friends that are still alive, or have hope of surviving, will be treated the best we can, your dead... Well, we'll get to know how to operate on your friends once we figure your body systems out, mind a few dead bodies dissected."

Edited by Durandel, 28 May 2009 - 10:48 PM.

#7 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 28 May 2009 - 04:31 PM

It was a tough question to ask of Prao. As a mere helm officer and a Pomak, Prao was only an ordinary who was thrusted toward a difficult task. She was not sure of what she would do. In her knowledge, the dead contained a spirit of which the Great Mother would decide whether they lived a life of good or bad. Those who lived good and honorable life would be with Her in the Sanctuary of Peace and those opposite would be condemned to the Cage, being imprisoned until their sins were fully repaid. And there was even a worse way. The spirits who were not delivered to the Great Mother would roam the living realm drifting purposelessly and tormented in ignorance. Afterward, the body should be returned to the nature in anyway.

"I cannot allow that..." Prao focused her courage to speak. "...not until the spirits were delivered to the Great Mother. I need a few of survivors with me to perform the ritual. After that you may proceed with what you propose. With one promise...."

She breathed deeply as if trying to determine what should be done to the emptied bodies. "Those dead bodies must be returned to nature. I suggest incineration and releasing the ash into space."

Edited by Casojin, 28 May 2009 - 04:32 PM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#8 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  •  The Undead

Posted 29 May 2009 - 12:19 PM

"If you don't let us dissect them now, there is a chance some of your friends might die. But it will be done." Hiyufer winced "How about we take you to a close-by Fonoss out-post? That way the Fonoss will not need to be dissected, if by chance the Fonoss have a manual for their body systems." It was dark and moody in the Elevator.

---

Commander Lidus stared into the deep void of space. "Commander, only a few survivors, the dead have been collected." A report ofycer stood at the
commanders side. "Two are alive and conscious, would you like to see them?" Lidus continued his stare, giving a slight nod. "On it, sir."

Edited by Durandel, 10 June 2009 - 04:10 PM.

#9 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 29 May 2009 - 08:15 PM

In the elevator, Prao assimilated the choice she was given. "There is a small via-station not far from where we've crashed. I can tell you where is our outpost if you have a map." As a helm officer, she knew the stars quite well.

She let the canine-being take her to the star map and slowly pulled familiarity out of her memory. Prao looked at the vessel current position and checked a cluster of star systems. The angle and position didn't seem normal for her. Then she realized that the map was displayed from different angle. "There it is."

--------------------------------------------

OOC: One question. Are you intending the conscious survivor to be Ziron Palsar Duan? If yes, please note that Duan is female. If not, then I have another idea in mind. Please check it out.
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#10 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  •  The Undead

Posted 10 June 2009 - 01:53 AM

Hiyufer rubbed his rough chin, he was not in any way fit for space travel, the math overwhelmed him. "And how long would it take for a standard Fonoss Trade/Cargo Ship to travel to such location? We could carry this on to our commander, maybe he could help." The Canine found the exit and gestured to the Fonai "Come, I'll take you to the Commander, if anyone, he'll be able to tell you far more than I could ever tell you."

---
OOC: EDIT : Prao AND Ziron are going to be the prime survivors.

Edited by Durandel, 10 June 2009 - 04:13 PM.

#11 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 10 June 2009 - 06:35 AM

Prao followed Hiyufer into the elevator. She pulled the answer to his question from her memory and replied, "Normally, we travel between the via-station and a small human farming colony. Our normal travel time at maximum speed will be around four bosdars. We've been not too far off our routine course in our attempt to elude the pirate, so I would say....we're about one and a half bosdar from the via-station."

She rested her arms in front of her and waited for the meeting with the Cythelu commander.

---------------------
Bosdar, Fonai day, roughly equals 19 hours and 26 minutes in human scale.

Edited by Casojin, 11 June 2009 - 09:35 AM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#12 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  •  The Undead

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:41 PM

The elevator doors sliced open, and the fresh scent of food happily waved through the air, Hiyufer's stomach growled in displeasure, he hadn't eaten the whole day. "Follow me to the Forward Observation Deck, Lidus usually passes by when Lunch break is in session. Don't worry, no meeting is taken place, and I'll bet he'll be glad to have something else to look at but stars and planets."
----

In the Observation deck, Hiyufer and Prao found that Prime Lady Ziron and Assistant Captain Eliva had already made their way down to the deck. Lidus smiled "Ah yes, Hiyufer! And you brought Prao with you!" he then looked at the two Fonai, without taking his eye off of the Prime Lady, he said " You two are dismissed for Lunch break." Once the two lovebirds exited the room, Lidus looked at both of them, laying eyes on Prao first "Where is the nearest Fonoss Outpost?"
-----
OOC : There you go, both. :thumbsupsmiley:

#13 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 11 June 2009 - 09:35 AM

Receiving a slight nod from her Prime Lady, Prao moved toward the star map and pointed at the via-station location. "There it is. It's about one and a half bosdar from this location. However, it still depends on your maximum travel speed. Ours is not so fast."

Prime Lady Duan laid her hand on Prao's shoulder and gestured her aside. "CAP-TANE..." She tried to pronounce the unaccustomed title. "I'm...we're very grateful for your help. This sector of space has been subjected to high number of pirate raids lately. They rarely target Fonai vessel until recently. I wonder what would be the cause to that. Do you have any clue?"
CASOJIN

Posted Image

#14 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  •  The Undead

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:37 AM

Lidus scratched his rough chin, staring at the Solar Map, " the raids you are talking about seem to happen in strange patterns... They must be trying to help something Escape... Th-" The Captain stared at the solar map, eyes wide with amazement and anxiety. "The.. The Order? This can't be true, it, it can't. They've always left us alone, why would they...?" He halted again, this time looking through the map like it was never there, and turned to the glass in front of him. "They're gathering followers... Followers for war. We must warn your leaders."

#15 Casojin

Casojin

• Project Team
  • 2,121 posts
  •  Thinker

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:04 AM

Duan's face turned grim. She didn't expect Order involvement in this at first, but now the situation was worse. "CAP-TANE, I suggest we should proceed to the via-station immediately. In the mean time, I need to use your communication system. It's my duty to report such occurances to Fonoss Authority."

Her helm officer seemed confused but, knowing her place, she declined to ask about the Order just yet. Such confusion was understandable since there was only rumor among the Fonai traders in the outer region and the authorities didn't acknowledged such existence publicly. However, ship commanders throughout Fonoss was warned about such enemy and given instruction to keep it secret. Duan wouldn't be surprise if Prao never knew anything of these religious fanatics.

Edited by Casojin, 29 June 2009 - 04:06 AM.

CASOJIN

Posted Image

#16 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  •  The Undead

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:49 PM

"Indeed. Fire up the engines, Johny, we need a hyperspace route to the location immediatly." A nearby pilot nodded and set the coordinates, and in a few seconds the ship was sent into hyperspace, although the beginning was a bit shaky, all was calm in little time.

----
Let us carry on in our new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users