Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:25 PM

Hello..What's this?Big Problem =(

Posted Image

#2 Beekeepin'

Beekeepin'
  • New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 05:22 PM

hello I have a problem with installation.where can i put this mod because I put it in the lotrbfme folder and it gave a error.What can I do or did I do something wrong?

#3 Phil

Phil

Force Majeure

• Network Leaders
  • 7,976 posts
  • Projects:Revora, C&C:Online
  •  Thought Police
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader
  • Donated
  • Association

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:24 PM

1. Unzip the file and move the BFME+.big to a path like:

C:\Documents and Settings\*yourname*\Application Data\My Battle for Middle-earth Files

Note: it's possible that you can't see the "Application Data" folder. In this case, you need to un-hide it.

2. Copy the BFME shortcut on your desktop and rename it to BFME+ or so. Then right-click->Properties. In the field "Target" you should have something like

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth (tm)\lotrbfme.exe"
Add -mod BFME+.big, so that it looks like this:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth (tm)\lotrbfme.exe" -mod BFME+.big

Now you can use your new shortcut to play the game with your mod and the normal shortcut to play the unmodded game.

Edited by Phil, 15 May 2016 - 09:31 PM.

revorapresident.jpg
My Political Compass

Sieben Elefanten hatte Herr Dschin
Und da war dann noch der achte.
Sieben waren wild und der achte war zahm
Und der achte war's, der sie bewachte.

#4 SortingHat

SortingHat
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:32 PM

Hi. This instructions are way old news.  Here in America all computers are 64 bit and Windows 7 on up the target location is not there. You click on properties and no such tile exist.  All you see is LOTR.Exe and the location is greyed out on the first thing you see. 

#5 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 04 December 2017 - 02:18 AM

Then just add x86 to the lines, or follow Phil's instructions and copy a new BfME shortcut.

Game's target
"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth (tm)\lotrbfme.exe"
Mod's target
"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Battle for Middle-earth (tm)\lotrbfme.exe" -mod BFME+.big

Edited by MattTheLegoman, 04 December 2017 - 02:19 AM.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

#6 SortingHat

SortingHat
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:50 AM

Add to what lines?  It's all grayed out you can't add nothing.  No Windows 7 is NOT the same as XP which is why me and my family like it better.  Windows 7 changed everything around for example sounds is called something else now and you have to do more clicking.  I mean most of the features is there but harder to access now.   I miss XP.

Most of you Europeans are 10 years behind in technology so if you ever bust out a copy of Windows 7 and not take other people's word for it you too will see it's different though maybe 32 bit version of Windows 7 is still like XP which may be what you modders use but I have 64 bit 7. Vista was ALSO very similar to XP but at the time there were no driver's so a lot of us went to Windows 7 and businesses dumped Vista and downgraded back to XP when their stuff didn't work.  That was the big issue with Vista back in the days not that it was a bad OS (I liked some of the features) but nothing worked so Windows 7 was quickly ushered out and was the (Fix) for Vista of course MS couldn't say that out loud for obvious reasons.  :w00t:  I hate Win 7's navigation with a passion but most stuff works on it and with updates turned off and virus scanners on full I haven't had any problems in years.

I've actually forgot what the blue screen of death was like.

Windows Vista had a lot in common with Windows ME actually with a lot of broken stuff and people quickly upgraded to a working OS known as XP.  I didn't realize that as I was little but it did seem Windows ME came and went pretty fast.

Edited by SortingHat, 14 December 2017 - 09:58 AM.

#7 MattTheLegoman

MattTheLegoman

LEGO Knight of Minas Ithil

• T3A Staff
  • 3,669 posts
  • Projects:Mapping this Middle-earth
  •  Mapper
  • Division:BFME
  • Job:T3A Staff

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:50 AM

This works on Windows 7 and 10. Make a new shortcut for the game, and edit the properties of it. Google it.

Remember that all worlds draw to an end and that noble death is a treasure which no one is too poor to buy. - C.S. Lewis

There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning. - Louis L'Amour

What will matter then will be people. If relationships will matter most then, shouldn't they matter most now? - Max Lucado

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users