Photo

Mac Vs. PC

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Mac Vs. PC

Machine

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Operating System

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which do you use these days

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....

Posted 05 July 2009 - 11:14 AM

my new PC now has Windows XP 64 bit, hard to install stuff (such as msn, which took me ages to find a tut on how to install it)
but otherwise my new computer is too awesome

#42 Jeeves

Jeeves

I write the interwebz

• Members
  • 4,156 posts
  •  Friendly neighborhood standards Nazi

Posted 05 July 2009 - 02:33 PM

HP Pavillion laptops are best value for money in their class, and I've had no issues with support save for needing to go to a third party for extended warrentees.
I'm using one now, in fact. And topically, its running Win 7100 x64
Vista is a fantastic OS, it just got a bad wrap because, due to it being such a massive step forward, only about 98% of hardware worked without the manufacturers improving the drivers, and because it had higher requirements because of Aero, which can be turned off.
Se7en is an even bigger step forward, but because the driver model introduced in Vista was so superior it needs no major revising, and thus doesn't have the same compatibility issues. It also has higher specs, but most of you will have a machine released since Vista so won't have an issue with that. And it runs perfectly well on sh*tty little netbooks.
XP is almost a decade old. Most pieces of tech that old are considered obsolete. Most are. XP is. I've never understood why its had such an insane fanbase for an OS that hasn't been cool since N.Sync and J.Lo were in the charts, and is vastly inferior to every OS released since.
Leopard is also a fantastic OS, its just a pain sometimes to get it onto a non-mac machine and not worth the extra 40% to have the badge and smug git look

Edited by Jeeves, 05 July 2009 - 02:35 PM.

World Domination Status: 2.7%

#43 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

XP lasted because it delivered the functionality people needed. It doesn't need to be sparky, shiny and full of extra bullshit to be effective, which is all an operating system really needs to be. And you're wrong about it being inferior. It's still quite a lot better than Vista, except for 64-bit support.

By and large, XP is not obsolete quite yet.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#44 GodSun666

GodSun666

Marching Trough The Eternal Fields Of Chaos!

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts
  • Projects:Fast Fun And Crazy for Red Alert 3

Posted 06 July 2009 - 11:46 AM

Hp Pavillion DV9000 takes about 1 hour to open! do you know how time consuming that is as an techie.. stupid notebooks..
для матери Россия! Советский Союз победит! Америка может облизывать мои яйца
Posted Image
Posted Image

#45 Lurtzy

Lurtzy

Forerunner

• Project Team
  • 1,169 posts
  • Projects:Returning to modding

Posted 06 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

Yay 0 votes for Mac :p

Trying to hold on...

#46 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:32 AM

Well duh. If you choose to use a Mac, then you probably prefer a Mac. Unfortunately for our Mac users who had the chance to come here, every Mac glitches up and explodes due to the extreme bandwidth when they tried to go to google.

#47 GodSun666

GodSun666

Marching Trough The Eternal Fields Of Chaos!

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts
  • Projects:Fast Fun And Crazy for Red Alert 3

Posted 07 July 2009 - 01:23 PM

Just let me google it for you kicks ass...
для матери Россия! Советский Союз победит! Америка может облизывать мои яйца
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users