007 Changes, subject to change

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 hiro

hiro
  • New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 11:53 AM

Are there gonna be for robot general more models like fafnir and building robot instead mortar and wehicles stuff? They look awesome,someone spoke about xenoforce mode, yeap they have very cool robots, use them.
Anyway, great job with contra,can`t wait on 007.

#22 morsematten

morsematten
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 05:19 AM

great list of changes (too long so i didn't read all of them). and thanks madin for telling me contra 007 has started.
I'm the nut cracker, and i'll crack your nuts.

#23 Guest_S_*

Guest_S_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:01 PM

------>Generals reinstalled in anticipation
I thought the creator had lost interest after sending out 006, was disappointed that its legacy would be so bug ridden : (
But me and my 3 friends who played this daily have a lot of respect for him fixing it up, thanks for the pending release :sad:.

#24 Guest_Samuel_*

Guest_Samuel_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2009 - 09:19 PM

Vortex cannons - they replaced gatling cannons, which had a corresponding gatling upgrade, wouldn't it be fitting to give them a similiar upgrade? Maybe a fuel upgrade or so, which brings a raise in damage similiar to the chain guns upgrade. I know you've only just put them into practice, but just an idea for the future maybe =]

#25 Guest_Cnc fan_*

Guest_Cnc fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 04:55 PM

isn't there any change about making structures armor like they were in 0.05?because with 100% armor buff they got in 0.06 kinda sucks

#26 oops2005

oops2005
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

And by the way, the change list posted here is just half of work which was made.

So, Creator, would you please give us a full change list? I can't play 007 for the present time, but I can see the change list to know how 007 get new awsome killing-machines and improvements.
It is a very nice thing to see it and wait for 007 release.

#27 Guest_Guest_Anonymous_*_*

Guest_Guest_Anonymous_*_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:58 AM

Don't even bother asking how.

- Nuclear Storm has 50% more armor now and can not be captured.

Wait... What? The armor makes sense , but a major show stopper was getting some rangers to para drop into a Chinese base while some tanks clear a path for them, and they capture the storm as the missiles are getting ready to launch, get out of there, and blow the hell out of the Chinese! :xd: What the hell? :rolleyes:

#28 Madin

Madin

title available

• Hosted
  • 686 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:52 PM

Don't even bother asking how.

- Nuclear Storm has 50% more armor now and can not be captured.

Wait... What? The armor makes sense , but a major show stopper was getting some rangers to para drop into a Chinese base while some tanks clear a path for them, and they capture the storm as the missiles are getting ready to launch, get out of there, and blow the hell out of the Chinese! ^_^ What the hell? :omg:

I remember when the nuke general was the coolest & the best!
He is crap now, I never should have cared about balance back in the day!

#29 m3rc1l3ss

m3rc1l3ss
  • Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 06:06 PM

Meh, he isn't crap. Can be difficult to defend against say the US Air General now, but once you have his epic super weapon, and somehow make it through the 15 minute wait, you can almost take out any AI player in a single shot.

#30 DaC

DaC
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 06:17 PM

Is it possible to change Superweapon general into someone not so overpowered? Because she has advantage of superweapon on her first rank and I'm finding that little bit unfair.

Anyway, it's only my opinion, and this mod is great.

#31 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts
  • Projects:Contra 008 Art (models, textures, wallpapers...)
  •  Color check! Is this text blue?

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:07 AM

Is it possible to change Superweapon general into someone not so overpowered? Because she has advantage of superweapon on her first rank and I'm finding that little bit unfair.

Anyway, it's only my opinion, and this mod is great.

Superweapon is not overpowered, he (she) can attack only with superweapon that cost much and required energy and have timer. In start you have only Tomahawk storm that is weak, you can`t destroy any building (compare that with tank sniper on tank general) with two that kind of tanks you can easily destroy any building and tank. In early game for example Laser general can send 4-5 Libras and destroy your base defences, only thing that you have against them is Fire base that is not so acurate and not so strong with weak defence (Libra takes 3 shots to destroy Fire base...and Libra is high range tank). And when you unlock every superweapon you still must build 4-5 ICBM-s to destroy base or something, and you still have timer for that and that required energy, now compare that with Shaitan tank...or maybe Karakourt or every other super tank.
Blackout is useless...

In my opinion, superweapon is one of the weakest generals. He needs building for massive energy production as Tokamak, Cyclon should be more effective, and shield should be in start of the game. In early game if you build super weapons and great defence that required much energy, enemy send force and destroy (somehow) two buildings that produce energy, then you are without defence and without attack force...mostly dead. Super weapon should have at least one mid tank (i`m thinkin about sandard tank paladin).

Lately i`ve played as super weapon with one allied that is also super weapon. We are playing against 6 enemys (china and gla generals), i`m holding myself somehow but partner die in the begginig (all insane enemy).

And what with gla, i think they should required energy consuption also. They have great base defences that can`t be killed by sniper (ecxept regular defence with stinger soldiers), they have also super weapon that is better and stronger than particle cannon...

The problem is with attack range also, some high range units have small guard radius, that needs to be fixed.

Edited by dcesarec, 29 July 2009 - 01:48 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Guest_S_*

Guest_S_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:36 PM

Hmmm. I thought over a month ago the final adjustments were being made. Little impatient <:)

#33 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:02 AM

Hmmm. I thought over a month ago the final adjustments were being made. Little impatient <:)

Just sayin...and,it's never too late to fix something. And yeap, little impatient now, because as longer i play 06 so i see that mostly every faction has some unfair advantages.
Posted Image

#34 Creator

Creator

The cat

• Hosted
  • 3,632 posts
  • Projects:Contra

Posted 01 August 2009 - 06:50 AM

So, Creator, would you please give us a full change list? I can't play 007 for the present time, but I can see the change list to know how 007 get new awsome killing-machines and improvements.
It is a very nice thing to see it and wait for 007 release.

Full change list will be put in news when contra 007 is released.

Wait... What? The armor makes sense , but a major show stopper was getting some rangers to para drop into a Chinese base while some tanks clear a path for them, and they capture the storm as the missiles are getting ready to launch, get out of there, and blow the hell out of the Chinese! :p What the hell? :p

Some dozens of testers played many multiplayer games with Nuclear Storm and agreed in the following:
1) Nuclear Storm is too expensive. When you build it, you have high chance to loose the game.
2) Nuclear Storm loads for too much time. So, the game can end even before it is ready.
3) Nuclear Storm is too easy to capture or destroy.

We changed its characteristics many times and tested it again and again. And it the end we came to the following:
1) Nuclear Storm has more armor.
2) Nuclear Storm is not capturable.
3) Nuclear Storm is available at rank 3.
4) Nuclear Storm reloads for 12 minutes.

We teted it once more and everybody agreed with such changes. It is ok now - not overpowered, neither underpowered. And it adds more adrenaline to the game. Once nuke gets rank 3 and builds Nuclear Storm, all further battles happen around it. One team tries to destroy it, another one - to protect it. It is fun.

Well, honestly, she was underpowered at 1st rank (because f weak defenses) and overpowered at 3rd rank (because of energy shields) in Contra 006. But it is fixed now.

#35 BrucetheMoose

BrucetheMoose
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:25 PM

Some dozens of testers played many multiplayer games with Nuclear Storm and agreed in the following:
1) Nuclear Storm is too expensive. When you build it, you have high chance to loose the game.
2) Nuclear Storm loads for too much time. So, the game can end even before it is ready.
3) Nuclear Storm is too easy to capture or destroy.

We changed its characteristics many times and tested it again and again. And it the end we came to the following:
1) Nuclear Storm has more armor.
2) Nuclear Storm is not capturable.
3) Nuclear Storm is available at rank 3.
4) Nuclear Storm reloads for 12 minutes.

We teted it once more and everybody agreed with such changes. It is ok now - not overpowered, neither underpowered. And it adds more adrenaline to the game. Once nuke gets rank 3 and builds Nuclear Storm, all further battles happen around it. One team tries to destroy it, another one - to protect it. It is fun

The shorter reload time and armor improvements to the nuke storm are great.

But RANK 3?! The nuke gen ranks faster than most other generals, and now he can build the biggest weapon in the game before most gens can build anything. The nuke general now seems overpowered.

One team tries to destroy it, another one - to protect it.

Wait, a defensive nuke general? After hitting rank 3, the nuke general will just turtle, using his rank 3 units to defend the nearly indestructable nuke storm. A defensive nuke general need to be avoided, as that is not the essence of the nuke general.

Now imagine the nuke AI: it's a nightmare. Gaining experience faster than the player, a nuke gen would hit 3 just as the player hit rank 2. You have to storm a camping nuke gen base using basic units and powers within 12 minutes, or you lose. Sounds like a boss gen to me.

Sorry about the complaints, but a rank 3 nuke storm seems to be a grave mistake. A level 4 or 5 nuke storm seems much more balanced, as I don't want the offensive nuke gen to be ruined. Anyway, the rest of contra 007 looks great, I can't wait to play.

Edited by BrucetheMoose, 01 August 2009 - 11:26 PM.

#36 oops2005

oops2005
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 09:42 AM

I agree with BrucetheMoose.
Nuke storm is the ultimate sw in contra. If nuke gen will get it in rank 3, he is overpowerd in rank 3 level.
He has overlord, nuke cannon, nuke hunter, a series of offensive force.
And he has nuke storm, the most powerful sw. He looks like the Chinese-sw gen and his "the best defense is offense" style will disappear.
Maybe if it will in rank 3, the nuke storm can be made not so powerful as in 006 and it reload time is decreased , like the tomahawk style, wilde area damage but not so powerful.
If the nuke storm damage is not changed and it in rank 3, I have to keep my fire on his power reactor, keep on destoying his powerplants to make his nuke storm out of power.
It makes me to remember the nuke gen challenge when you start to building your base , his nukes already on counting. Makes you feel nervours.

#37 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 02 August 2009 - 03:39 PM

I am also agreed with theory that nuke storm is not fair at level 3. Ok with everything about nuke storm, now you can realy use it, but at rank 3? Not good...nuke general is already with most powerfull units, and now this?
Posted Image

#38 PeeWee

PeeWee

Title unavailable

• Members
  • 351 posts
  •  Why so serious error?

Posted 02 August 2009 - 06:06 PM

I think you guys should trust Creator and the testers on this one. It's not like all other generals are helpless or anything, it will probably be balanced in the end! :p
CPU: Phenom II X6 T1090 @ 3,85GHz
Memory: 8Gb DDR3 1600MHz
Graphics: XFX HD5870 XT
Mobo: ASUS Crosshair Formula IV
Monitor: Asus 22" 2ms @ 1680x1050
Case: Lian Li V2000 Fulltower
PSU: Corsair VX550W

#39 BrucetheMoose

BrucetheMoose
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 02:49 AM

I think you guys should trust Creator and the testers on this one. It's not like all other generals are helpless or anything, it will probably be balanced in the end! :p

The SW gen is totally helpless. No units to attack, and superweapons won't scratch the nuke storm. Unless your a nuke or air general, he seems unstoppable.
But I do trust creator.

Wait... since the nuke storm is rank 3, doesn't that mean the normal nuke is rank 3? Except for the SW gen (with weak superweapons), no one else can build rank 3 superweapons. That means almost everything is unlocked at rank 3 for the nuke gen... don't tell me that's fair.

Well... I may be overreacting. The nuke storm (hopefully) costs alot, and takes a long time to fire. That gives other gens enough time, I guess. Multiplayer usage (which is what Creator probably tested) is not too unfair, but the tough (cheating) AI will gain ranks far too fast.

I've got an idea. Before the nuke storm could be built, a "jammer" facility must be built, and shows up on radar upon completion, just like any other sw. The jammer would prevent the use of general's powers in the general area around it (it's turtle-proof), but weak armor mean it is vulnerable to unit-based attacks. After a few prerequisites, the jammer could then be upgraded to a nuke storm, and time it takes for the storm to launch could then be reduced. However, destroying the jammer would send out an EMP(or similar) shockwave, disabling nearby units and structures, and temporarily cutting out the nuke gen's power (as an incentive for assault). The destruction of a completed nuke storm would result in an detonation, or perhaps a warhead could fly away, only to land somewhere in the nuke gen's base. Due to the danger from the jammer/storm, the nuke general will probably build it away from his base, and keep units far away. That prevent nuke turtling. The exposed, potentially dangerous jammer would also encourage enemy turtle players to leave thier base and rush the enemy, making the battle interesting. Taking advantage of the long upgrade time, American generals could destroy the jammer with well placed aircraft (unfair auroras would not yet be built, as the generals are rank 3), and the GLA could bring it down with a little harrassment and guerilla warfare, due to the lack of units and structures around the storm. China generals would be forced to launch a final, epic assault, as a completed nuke storm is almost a death sentence.

In other words, the modified jammer/nuke storm would force other players out of thier bases and onto the battlefield. Because of the great cost, build time, and risk, the nuke gen would only build the storm against turtling players, to flush them out of thier base. No one turtles, so everyone wins, YAY!

That's my suggestion, but I trust creator to do the right thing.

Edited by BrucetheMoose, 03 August 2009 - 06:03 AM.

#40 dcesarec

dcesarec

THE COON

• Project Team
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:23 PM

I think the whole story about Nuke Storm is too much...Nuke Missile with 5 warheads is already the strongest superweapon in game and it should be something cheaper and this is it, i think nuke storm is unnecessary...with artillery cannon, "nuke capret" bomb and nuke missile with 5 warheads nuke general is stronger than Super Weapon general who should be strongest generals when its about super weapons...but, that is only my opinion.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users