#1 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 17 June 2009 - 02:03 AM

As the mod team tests and balances the mod, I've asked them to post any cool screenshots they take in here for your viewing pleasure. (Not sure how often we'll get screens or how many total we will get but I figure why not try :grin: ).

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#2 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:08 PM

Great to see you back, :p

I was fearing you would not return and the mod would not return to life, unlike certain ones........
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#3 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:06 PM

First :p

This one shows the Mordor Citadel with the new Mordor Heroes
sshot0009.JPG

Grishnack, a new Hero. He is in stead of the old Hero Gollum, and gives a +50% damage bonus to nearby Orcs
sshot0009.JPG

The new Mordor Spellbook. As you can see, there are two new spells, a spell that allows you to buy castle walls, and an armory and a building for stronger units. Also, the Summon Balrog spells has been replaced by Summon Sauron.
sshot0011.JPG

Not much, but this is like, 5 minutes into the first game with the new version :p

Attached Thumbnails

• sshot0010.JPG

Posted Image

#4 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:39 PM

I thought that basic Mordor orcs would have new skins like shown in some of the earliest screenshots of KotW. Still pretty awesome. :p

Posted Image

#5 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:57 PM

I don't know :p Maybe they have on ultra high, but not on high(I was playing on high)

I think I'll get some more later today.
Posted Image

#6 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2009 - 05:49 PM

How do you view the images, when I click on it it just says error.

#7 Dre@mer

Dre@mer

Maker of the Rise of Sauron mod

• Hosted
  • 475 posts
  • Projects:Rise of Sauron mod, RJ ROTWK
  •  Mapper, scripter, video maker.

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:44 PM

#8 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

A man who used to be here

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 23 June 2009 - 04:57 AM

Well, me and Ring of Fate had a go at a Rohan mirror match. Pretty epic. I pulled a sneak on him and snatched both outposts while he thought that I was trying to desperately survive inside my castle. As it was, I managed to build up an army in secret that was roughly equivalent to his (which, due to his better experience, he had quickly built up before I even got started). Then he accidentally come upon one of my outposts and the army sitting there. From then on it was one heck of a grudge match. Ringy came out on top with his slightly better skills, and eventually (1) destroyed my army (2) demolished my outposts, and (3) laid waste to my castle.

All but the first pic come from his final siege of my castle. You can see Elves and Haldir from the new Summon Elven Barracks spell and both of the Blue Wizards from the Summon Blue Wizard spell.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Jeth Calark, 31 August 2009 - 06:15 PM.

#9 bauglir1111

bauglir1111
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 01:09 PM

Hi guys.I am following ur mod everytime.İt is really great.I wonder when will kotw mod release?U had said that the mod is complete about %90 4month ago.Pls,I am waiting ur message.

Edited by bauglir1111, 24 June 2009 - 02:43 PM.

#10 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:23 PM

Testing? I think though I read somewhere this year though...
Posted Image

#11 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:59 PM

Right now, we have just started balance testing. There is no set release date though. :p

#12 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 05:18 PM

If all goes well I think it is very possible that the mod could be released by the end of summer, somewhere around 2 months from now. If things go great then it could be sooner :p If we settle on a specific date for release then I will post it.

I thought that basic Mordor orcs would have new skins like shown in some of the earliest screenshots of KotW

Actually I have taken them out of the mod. The models are fantastic but have over 5000 polygons (from all the different weapons and armor pieces) which is more than most buildings and heroes, let alone a single unit. Plus when you calculate the number of orcs in a horde (10) by the number of hordes you'd have at full CP (we'll call it 10 for easy math) you are talking 500,000 polygons for just the orcs! On almost any computer that is going to cause insane lag or even a crash. So it just isn't worth it for a normal unit. For a hero or a single building that might work but not a unit. But I've left the models and artwork in the mod so if you really want to try them out you can. I've even made a note in the Orc code that tells you how to implement the new models so any modder should be able to put them back very easily.

-GothmogtheOrc

Nine%20rings.jpg
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#13 bauglir1111

bauglir1111
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:09 PM

If all goes well I think it is very possible that the mod could be released by the end of summer, somewhere around 2 months from now. If things go great then it could be sooner :p If we settle on a specific date for release then I will post it.

It is very good to hear that.I am looking forward to ur mod.It seems really fantastic.I hope that everythings go great.I wish you good luck..

#14 Jonasking

Jonasking

title available

• Project Team
  • 451 posts
  • Projects:Finished Projects

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:11 PM

I'm not so sure about that Gto, I just ran the 2.1(Or was it that?) and It was no differens then to the 3.1 in lag or anything. :p

#15 Lauri

Lauri

Old man Lauri

• Hosted
  • 10,436 posts
  • Projects:The 4th Age
  •  The very worst T3A Team Chamber Member

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:20 PM

is everything showing at all times on that 5K polies model?
If it's hidden here and there via LUA, only the things showing counts towards lag :p

T4A_Logo_-_article.png

The 4th Age version 0.8 has been released: Link

#16 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:05 PM

lol, apparently I missed that little detail at some point. I'll give them another shot and see how it goes :p thanks Lauri.

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg

#17 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 08:33 PM

1v1 on Dunharrow
Me: Mordor
Hard AI: Gondor
Summary: I gained map control fairly quickly taking the bottom half of the map (where I started) and killing all the creeps down there. I went with a double orc pit to pump out the orcs and bought Grishnakh to lead them with the Eye of Sauron for the leadership bonus for the battles. Soon I run into a full force of Gondorian Soldiers and Archers running down the hill towards the warg pit I had just finished off on the right side of the map. We start fighting and both of us are pouring in the troops. I sent Shagrat in to help while Gondor brought in Beregond. As this is happening I'm sending another army of orcs and haradrim to the left hill and they run into another full gondorian force, this time with Tower Guard and archers. I respond by sending my new troll over to say hi. Finally I secure the left hill and start pouring the orcs through the gondorian forces on the right side. By now I have taken the two farm plots on the upper level right side of the map as well as the camp. I get Call the Horde and push all the way up to the gondor castle. At this point though Gondor has tons of archers on the walls and several battle towers and with the gate closed and no siege equipment or trolls nearby I set up camp nearby and wait for the trolls to get to the gate. Trolls are ineffective due to the towers and such but my army of Easterling swordsmen and archers led by Khamul has taken the rest of the upper level (left side) including a camp gondor had just built. So at this point I have Gondor's castle completely surrounded by tons of orcs and an army of Easterlings. I finally get a catapult up to attack the gate along with a few trolls and a mumakil. The trolls all died but the mumakil and catapult were able to take down the gate. Unfortunately Gondor had amassed a huge force of rangers, tower guard, and archers along with Boromir, Beregond, Faramir or Damrod (not sure which it was), Gimli, and Legolas. They not only beat back my assult force of orcs but they started pushing back towards my camp on the upper level of the map. But I was able to use Call the Horde to send a mass of orcs and trolls against them which bought me time to bring up my new mumakil to trample their archers. Then the remaining orcs and trolls were able to kill the heroes and archers and start pushing into their base. But Gondor again repulsed my attack though they were too weak to push out beyond their gate. They rebuilt their gate and closed it but I had a mumakil in the area and was able to break it down again. This time my army of Morgul Orcs led by the Witch King along with an army of Easterling swordsmen led by Khamul and as many trolls and orcs as I could have got in and destroyed their base.

All in all it was an amazing game. Gondor turtled at exactly the right time and when they attacked they did so with a strong army. Mordor was very fun to play as with the new units, new variety of orcs, and new heroes. Mordor also got stronger as the game went since they were able to purchase the new morgul and rhun infantry and archers. And they could have been stronger had I gotten the forged blades and armor upgrades... but I didn't need them against the AI.

And now some pictures from the final assult on the Gondor Castle:
Posted Image
Posted Image
In the this screenshot you can see a Gondor soldier next to the troll and you can clearly see the nice color differences between the two leadership glows. Also visible are the Morgul Orcs with their banner carrier on the left and the regular orcs with their banner on the right.
Posted Image
I love this shot: the gondor townspeople are running away from the orcs but there is no where to run! Also Denethor is running.
Posted Image
Similar shot but gives you a better idea of where the orcs are:
Posted Image
A great shot of the overlapping Rhun and Mordor leadership glows that the Rhun Swordsmen are recieving at the time (Khamul and Darkness are the sources I believe).
Posted Image
The fell captain on his stead, victorious:
Posted Image

Also here are the Gondor, Rohan, and Isengard spell trees (since the Mordor one has already been posted):
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Enjoy!
-Gto

Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 27 June 2009 - 08:35 PM.

Nine%20rings.jpg

#18 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 07:04 AM

Flipping Marvelous!!!! :p

But, I thought you said there was no enemy AI in the mod.... :p .... oh well!

Posted Image

#19 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:03 PM

Well that is what I said, true, but I have this really bad habit of changing my mind about a project right after I publicly decide not to do it. :p I think it is because at that point I'm off the hook and no one expects me to do it. (plus I had some free time last week to work on it) So I kinda went in and made the AI work for KotW. I knew that you and many others would appriciate it and since I rarely get to play online I figured I'd probably get to enjoy it too at some point. I was waiting to announce it publically till it was working 100% but it'll have to be now instead :p

Currently the AI will buy most, if not all, of the new units and heroes and will correctly use all the new hero powers. It does not use any new spells (but it doesn't seem to affect it's performance very much) and it doesn't buy all the new buildings. I did also try to improve the units it goes for so that it would be stronger and a little more fair. So for example, the Mordor AI will buy more Rhun swordsmen, archers, and pikemen as the game progresses. It will also buy an assortment of orc swordsmen, archers, and pikemen at the start of the game. I've also made the AI go for fewer catapults and more siege tower or ladders. Thus far it seems to be stronger, a little more fair/fun to play against, and we haven't noticed any problems with it. I may make a few changes here or there but for the most part it is good to go.

Enjoy,
-Gto

Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 28 June 2009 - 06:04 PM.

Nine%20rings.jpg

#20 Jeth Calark

Jeth Calark

• Project Team
  • 1,823 posts
  •  Sithspit!

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:05 AM

Those are flippin sweet screenies, Gothmog! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users