Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:42 AM

...Wait, how do you get them out of the Castles? :p
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#102 Spartan184

Spartan184

:)

• Project Team
  • 1,592 posts
  • Projects:Random Modding Projects
  •  Coder, Map.ini Coder, Mapper, and Beta Tester

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:59 AM

Cant wait to try them out. :p

safsignature.png

#103 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:18 AM

It is a good idea.. I actually never used ladders even with isen.. I just felt a much quicker way was Ballitas or A mine which does more than just break open the castle.. But it does give Gondor an extra option besides the trebs.. Maybe they should get a battering ram.. But I still rather use a powerhouse like a troll or ent..
"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#104 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:07 AM

Actually Gondor already has a battering ram. It's been in the mod for quite awhile but perhaps was never posted publically.

Also I've buffed Siege Ladders and Towers so they are one of the best methods of getting into an enemy castle now. They take almost no arrow damage and limited fire arrow damage so if you can keep enemy swordsmen away from them, you can definately get them to the walls and get troops up onto the walls. Makes sieges WAY more fun :p Also ballistaes, catapults, and trebuchets are much less accurate so they aren't as effective at sieging an enemy castle ( still work, just take longer ) it also means they aren't anywhere near as good at hitting enemy troops on the walls... so you can now defend the walls without being as afraid that a catapult will appear and take out all your archers or infantry. Mines are the same and battering rams were very slightly buffed against arrow damage.

Overall I think players are more likely to have sieges with the mod and they will be more fun. I know the AI is better at sieging now since I told it to use more ladders/towers and they are so much harder to bring down. I got really scared once when the Mordor AI brought a siege tower to my castle and I didn't have any swordsmen or heroes nearby to take it down. I had to man the walls to try to defend the castle while Gandalf and my army ran back to base to help. Very fun (since I eventually won :) ) and much more lotr-ish.

...Wait, how do you get them out of the Castles?

Well sometimes not everything in life works the way we want :p but since they will probably be used infrequently, I'm not too worried about the slightly odd look of the ladder passing through solid stone or wood :p Plus I made them shorter so it doesn't look as bad as the Isen ladders would. And if need be I can make it so that you can only buy the ladders from outposts... I just feel lazy and don't want to do that :p

-Gto

Edited by GothmogtheOrc, 12 July 2009 - 06:08 AM.

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#105 rawmail2011

rawmail2011
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 06:57 AM

I'm really interested in the mines... Any chance of them changing, like having more/less health, larger/smaller blast radius, possibly an auto-detonator? :p

#106 The Dark Lord 1

The Dark Lord 1
  • New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 07:00 AM

lol, I highly doubt it will change bfme forever, but it should be fun :p Glad you like it :p

-Gto

well its should bring more life into the bfme 1

#107 bauglir1111

bauglir1111
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:46 AM

I wonder are there any new buildings in mod?

Edited by bauglir1111, 12 July 2009 - 03:14 PM.

#108 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:TDH AI

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:49 AM

Here are some screenshots I took in a skirmish against the computer.
Map: East Emnet
Teams: Me(Mordor)+CPU(Isengard) vs. CPU(Gondor)+CPU(Rohan)

An outpost with Sauron, some units and catapults.
Posted Image

A Morgul base full of Mordor Orcs and Uruks.
Posted Image

Morgul sorcery in the Mordor base
Posted Image

With the Morgul sorcery the army of Mordor has gained major battle experience and is ready for battle.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#109 Baki

Baki

title available

• Project Team
  • 357 posts
  • Projects:TDH AI

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:51 AM

I wonder ere there any new buildings in mod?

Mordor has got the Morgul barracks and armories. And in addition Mordor gets a new base and you can build walls when you purchase the Minas Morgul spell.
Posted Image

#110 Vezir

Vezir
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

SS please :p

#111 bauglir1111

bauglir1111
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:19 PM

I wonder ere there any new buildings in mod?

Mordor has got the Morgul barracks and armories. And in addition Mordor gets a new base and you can build walls when you purchase the Minas Morgul spell.

It is cool.But will ai build walls when it is mordor?And will it build new builldings?

#112 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 04:53 PM

Wow and I thought Mordor was powerful before... With walls and new Heroes.. They will be tough to beat.. Here's a question though.. Has Balrog timer been reduced when you summon him? I don't know the time, but it just seems like you can't use him for too long.. Be nice if we could use him for like 2 minutes..

Edited by witchkingshour, 12 July 2009 - 05:01 PM.

Posted Image

#113 Gfire

Gfire

Nuju

• Project Team
  • 2,173 posts
  • Projects:Finding My Way
  •  The Perfectionist

Posted 12 July 2009 - 05:14 PM

Wow and I thought Mordor was powerful before... With walls and new Heroes.. They will be tough to beat.. Here's a question though.. Has Balrog timer been reduced when you summon him? I don't know the time, but it just seems like you can't use him for too long.. Be nice if we could use him for like 2 minutes..

I think two minutes would be overpowered.

Maybe you could give the ladders a "dodge" since they would be hard to hit with arrows.
Greetings, community.

#114 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 08:05 PM

It is cool.But will ai build walls when it is mordor?And will it build new builldings?

Unfortunately the AI will not build morgul walls. Instead it treats those plots as defense foundations and can build towers on them (but it is still limited to the same number of defensive towers total that it was before). It should build the morgul barracks and produce Morgul Orcs but I haven't seen that happen yet in-game. In any event, even without the morgul barracks and morgul orcs the AI is quite strong and since I am at the limits of my AI coding knowledge, I probably won't push too hard towards making it build every new feature.

Mordor has been strengthened, but so have all the other factions. So it is still balanced. Mordor doesn't get its walls till late game and even then they cost $1000 apiece and must be built individually (there are 10+ pieces for the entire castle). Also they do not have any postern gates, trebuchets on the walls, or battle towers so it would be very easy to siege a morgul castle even as the forces of good.

As far as I can recall, the Balrog has not been changed from the 1.03 version. So his timer would be the same. And I don't plan on changing it since he seems to be fairly balanced.

SS please

Anything in particular that you want to see?

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#115 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 09:58 PM

Actually, it's 2000 per wall. Or did you change that?

#116 bauglir1111

bauglir1111
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

I wish ai build morgul barrack and produce morgul orcs.Because we want to see all of new units in game.And i guess u all know building ai.So u can do it.

#117 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 11:11 PM

Actually, it's 2000 per wall. Or did you change that?

um... yes. Three betas ago :p I guess you haven't bought them in awhile.

I wish ai build morgul barrack and produce morgul orcs.Because we want to see all of new units in game.And i guess u all know building ai.So u can do it.

I wish I could get it working too, but it's difficult and I don't feel that it is important enough to spend very much time trying to figure it out. My primary goal is to have the mod work for online play and the skirmish AI is the icing on the cake; it's a bonus that I wasn't originally planning on including. Maybe I can find a way to allow the AI to build the new units without messing around with the new buildings though. I'll try that and see what I can make work :D Because I agree, the new units are cool and it is very fun to play against them (and with them).

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg

#118 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:00 AM

Actually, they make the Barracks. The forge, I'm not too sure, and Morgul Orcs and Uruks? No clue.
Edit: And Gothmog, I haven't even TOUCHED Mordor. :p

Edited by Ring of Fate, 13 July 2009 - 01:00 AM.

#119 Elessar Ancalímon

Elessar Ancalímon
  • Project Team
  • 185 posts
  •  The Patriotic Dutchmen

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:58 AM

mordor builds morgul barracks ;) I am not sure about the forge... they never had build black uruks, about the morgul orcs i don't know.. :p

2 days ago i played a game with spartan,, I was Mordor, he was Isengard, it was a funny game,
Here a pic of the stats:

Posted Image

Edited by Elessar Ancalímon, 13 July 2009 - 11:02 AM.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
We must rule the world

#120 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:02 PM

I can't wait to use Mordor... They seem so awesome now and the super hero thing does sound interesting.. Gothmog, I know you done some things to each faction.. We been talking about Mordor and Isen a lot.. I know Rohan has the wixards.. Now has anything been done to Gandalf and Aragorn buff wise or ability wise.. Like Is Shadowfax any faster, has Word of Power or Istari Light been changed at all? I am not so sure this has been discussed yet, but perhaps you didn't get to any of this yet.. Thanks for answering!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users