KotW Screenshots

• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#121 bauglir1111

bauglir1111
  • Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 01:21 PM

I think ai builds new units which are in original bfme's buildings.And maybe it dont build new units which are in new buildings.We want u to do ai perfectly gothgmogtheorc :p But then we get the pleasure of the game.

#122 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 02:58 PM

I gots you guys more screens to see :p

sshot0022.JPG
Eomer getting owned by "some" Orcs (and, a little while later, eaten)
sshot0023.JPG
Some Rhun people
sshot0024.JPG
More Rhun people ;)

Edited by Florisz, 13 July 2009 - 03:01 PM.

Posted Image

#123 Elessar Ancalímon

Elessar Ancalímon
  • Project Team
  • 185 posts
  •  The Patriotic Dutchmen

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:28 PM

Yeah, i like the new Rhun soldiers.. only swordsman & spearmen look like each other ;)
Still Mordos has only some good hero's; Nazgul, WK.. but most are just weak, support hero's :p
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
We must rule the world

#124 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts
  • Projects:Kings of the West Mod
  •  T3A Chamber Member - Retired

Posted 13 July 2009 - 06:34 PM

The Gondorian heroes haven't gotten too much changed since they were already some of the most powerful in the game. The biggest change is that they are all on the same team now. Here's the full list of Gondor's heroes:
Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Boromir, Faramir, Beregond, Madril, Mablung, Damrod, Pippin, Imrahil (summoned at Gondor Beacon), Gandalf (summoned by spell).

Aragorn has two new powers:
-Line of Kings (lvl 6): adds health and damage to aragorn, and nearby heroes' spells recharge 25% faster.
-Forsight (lvl 8): basically a small palantir vision
-AotD (lvl 10): now summons the full army of the dead... so there is a real benefit to levelling aragorn up fast. This is the only way to get the AotD.

Gandalf has the same powers but Istari Light now kills the other super heroes instantly and overall his armor and damage have been slightly increased.

You'll also find that Denethor makes a small appearance in the mod, but is not controlled by the player.

As for Rohan, their heroes are as follows:
Theoden, Eomer, Theodred, Erkenbrand, Eowyn, Hama, Grimbold, Gamling, Merry, Alatar (Blue Wizard), Pallando (Blue Wizard), Haldir (summoned at Elven Barracks).

Almost all of Rohan's heroes mount and unlike the Isengard and Gondor heroes, nearly every Rohan hero gives some form of leadership. About half of them give specific leaderships (ie Hama to Royal Guard, Haldir to Elves, or Gamling to Peasants) and half are universal. Also unlike many of the other factions' heroes, the rohan heroes tend to give either a strong armor bonus or a strong damage bonus and thus work best when you combine them. So Eomer and Theodred are a good pair since Eomer provides a strong damage bonus while Theodred provides a strong armor bonus. It also means that the rohan heroes tend to have different specialities: Theodred for example is a good defensive hero since his powers and leadership focus on armor and defense. Eomer's powers on the other hand are best suited for an agressive cavalry strategy.

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg
Click on my Sig to go to my BFME Modding site where you can download my mods.
KotW%20Morgul%20In-game.jpg
Kings of the West Mod Leader
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#125 Uruk King

Uruk King

Lore-abiding citizen

• Project Team
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:27 PM

But if aragorn has two new powers, how are you going to work them into his powers set wihout compimising at least one ability, I also read somewhere that he was going to have a horse.
I will remember Rhovanion Alliance, RIP .

Posted Image

#126 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:21 PM

Actually it was determined that it didn't work well for Aragorn to have a horse or a bow. Instead I decided (a long time ago) that he should have two new special powers rather than take up 2 slots with a mount and/or a bow. Also this allowed me to implement his different models much easier (he starts out as a ranger, then later uses his black gate armor, and finally ends up with the coronation armor). Both the bow and mount are still present and work as I recall, they just aren't in his commandset anymore.

And before any outrage over this move starts, let me say that my decision regarding this is final. I think this method is the best representation of Aragorn, it fits best with the Gondor faction, and I like it better. If I had more open spots on his commandset I'd try to include the bow and/or mount as I do think they are cool, but I'm limited to 6 spots and I think that Leadership, Athelas, BladeMaster, Line of Kings, Foresight, and Army of the Dead are the best use of them. Also the mount/bow would have changed the way Aragorn is used and at this stage I think he is perfect with the mod balance.

Sorry if anyone was really looking forward to using him with a horse or a bow, you'll just have to modify your copy of the mod to use them :p Just like how I'm going to modify my personal copy of the mod when it's done and change a few things that I don't care to use (like the Forged Blades glows).

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg
*Retired. PM me if you need to get a hold of me as I'll get an email notification and should reply within a day or so*

#127 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 01:51 AM

Thanks for all the info Gothmog! I haven't heard of some of them heroes for Gondor and Rohan, but look forward to using them all.. But I think that's awesome Aragorn has the whole batallions of AOTD instead of just one! Rohan seems to have the most heroes so you must use that to your advantage.. And of course the best cavalry.. I know I haven't played or tested it, but I still assume that once it's all said and done, Mordor will be too tough to bring down... I mean if you got Witch-king, Sauron, Trolls, Mumakil, Catapults, I mean how do you stop that along with Walls in your base?

Edited by witchkingshour, 14 July 2009 - 06:31 AM.

"The world of Men will fall"

Posted Image

#128 Ring o' Fate

Ring o' Fate

The Ghost.

• Project Team
  • 1,627 posts
  • Projects:Trying to find meaning...
  •  The guy that is just a ghost.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:51 AM

Huge amounts of Archers with no/ maybe some fire arrows. As fire arrows get weakened. (Glares at GtO) Weaker damage to units? Are joking? (Continues this in the KotW secret area)
A changed man is only the same man with a different outlook of life.

#129 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:02 AM

Is the main page updated as when u click on the factions? Only thing I noticed was missing was aragorns farsight ability . I can't wait to use mordor though. They got lots of heroes if that page is correct. I love the siege leadership gothmog has. Makes me wanna get mass catapults and siege towers!

Posted Image

#130 Vezir

Vezir
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 11:29 AM

Uruk-Hai Scout SS please..

#131 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 12:47 PM

Damn...My BFME I disk isn't in the computer :thumbsupsmiley: I'll look if I have some screens of the guys, otherwise I'll just take a screen later.

I got one, though, you see also Wormtonque and some Rohirrem, and the Scouts only in the top...

sshot0001.JPG
Posted Image

#132 GothmogtheOrc

GothmogtheOrc

Ruler of the Morgul Vale

• Hosted
  • 2,263 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 07:35 PM

The faction pages are not 100% accurate, many of the specifics of leaderships and even powers and units are wrong. But the list of heroes should be correct.

I'm in the process of writing up a manual for the mod and when it is done I'll upload the info from it to the site. I'm about 40% done with the manual right now.

-Gto

Nine%20rings.jpg

#133 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 03:20 AM

Thanks gothmog!

Posted Image

#134 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:02 AM

I could do that for you...
Posted Image

#135 Vezir

Vezir
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:04 AM

Haradrim Captain SS.Please..

#136 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 10:53 AM

Imagine a reskinned Aragorn with Haradrim colours :good: I'm too lazy to get that. I do have some Rohan civil war screens.
Posted Image

#137 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:06 AM

Rohan civil war :p

sshot0030.JPG
I thought it was nice to capture this :p
sshot0035.JPG
Eomer and his loyal guys killing the Rohan outlaws
sshot0042.JPG
A blue Wizard guy using one of his powers
sshot0043.JPG
My end game army :good:
Posted Image

#138 Vezir

Vezir
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:40 PM

Men of the Westfold Palantir picture please..

#139 witchkingshour

witchkingshour
  • Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 12:53 PM

That end game army would be a headache to take out lol... Very nice though.. :good:

Posted Image

#140 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 01:54 PM

WKhour, it are mostly peasants, and if you can take out the Heroes, they are dead meat. And, of course, after you take down the Wall Banners and the Towers :good:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users