457 replies to this topic

#21 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:01 PM

Olli, everything you posted just further supports my point that Europe is tame, lame, and clogged with humans at the expense of nature. In your list of dangerous fauna, you missed mountain lions, leopards, bison, elk, bighorn sheep, and many others. As far as dangerous flora goes, let me just say foxglove and leave it at that...

All right, Matias, there are impressive geological formations to see in Europe, just like in the States--but look at your first image, the one of the Alps. That is what I imagine much of European "nature" to be like: the mountains are there, but so is the paved road right up to the base. Vast tracks of land untouched except for foot trails through them simply do not exist in the Old World at near the quantities that they do in the American West.

On an unrelated note, tobacco originated in the United States, so without this place, Vort's and Matias's lives would be less...enriched.

Edited by Rafv Nin IV, 25 June 2009 - 12:53 AM.

Posted Image

#22 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,686 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Leader

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:56 PM

Err, people were smoking weed in Europe many hundreds of years before America was even discovered. I just looked it up, the earliest evidence of marihuana was found in Romania.

Also, please enjoy your nature while I enjoy my longer lifespan, less poverty, more social security, less fatties and less wars.

Edited by Matias, 24 June 2009 - 10:56 PM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#23 Beowulf

Beowulf

Anime Girl

• Advisors
  • 7,217 posts
  • Projects:Red Alert X, YR: TG Redux, AR

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:34 PM

Also, please enjoy your nature while I enjoy my longer lifespan, less poverty, more social security, less fatties and less wars.

Fine. I'll just enjoy my fast food, SUVs, cheap electronics, wilderness and epic careers. Have a nice day, douche bag.

Edited by Beowulf, 24 June 2009 - 11:36 PM.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#24 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,686 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:47 PM

Oh yes, do enjoy your fast food and nationwide obesity, while I enjoy the same fast food WITHOUT the nationwide obesity! Enjoy your SUVs that cost rediculous amounts in gas, and I'll enjoy my superior European cars that are also cheaper. American cars, please. General Motors is dying for a reason. Speaking of reasons your electronics are now so cheap because the dollar is falling. Woohoo, nice one. As previously established, there is plenty of wilderness left in Europe, especially in the cold north, and I'd prefer less overall poverty over rare ''epic careers'' any day. You, being the self-absorbed ass you are, obviously don't.

Have a nice day now!

The funny thing is, I'm planning to elaborately visit the States, and study American literature. There's something that America has that I enjoy more then the European equivalent, and that's modern-day literature, and of course the fact rock 'n roll and blues originated in the States.

Can't wait to cruise down route 66.

Edit: Oh and I love the American Realism art.

Edited by Matias, 24 June 2009 - 11:51 PM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#25 Beowulf

Beowulf

Anime Girl

• Advisors
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:02 AM

Oh yes, do enjoy your fast food and nationwide obesity, while I enjoy the same fast food WITHOUT the nationwide obesity!

You know. Most Americans aren't obese and you only hear about that because it's a scare tactic, or it's just anti-American bullshit. The statistics handed out generally seem to be from a limited study and do not represent the entire US. I see more healthy people around than I do really fat ones. I admit, I've seen some fat bastards before but shit, the ratio is not what the media says it is.

Enjoy your SUVs that cost rediculous amounts in gas, and I'll enjoy my superior European cars that are also cheaper. American cars, please.

I drive an SUV. It does well on mileage and it rocks your pussy Euro-shit any day of the week.
Besides, Europe can't claim the awesome that is the Ford GT, Ford Mustang Shelby GT or any of the awesome muscle cars from the 60s and 70s. We rock your shit.

Ferrari? Please. Get the fuck out of my face with that shit. I'd rather be rolling epic in a '66 Chevelle SS or a 64 Nova. And where did the first nuclear powered concept car originate? Right here, beeyotch!

Speaking of reasons your electronics are now so cheap because the dollar is falling.

Even before then, we were still pay half what you did for the same electronic equipment. Even now, we still pay less because it's just cheaper here and we have the same equipment.

I'd prefer less overall poverty over rare ''epic careers'' any day.

You don't need much for a good career over here so the poverty thing is a moot point. And that is a misnomer since many people 'in poverty' are just lazy and won't get a real job. Even when we had plenty of work, they were still lazing about, buying fucking Cadillacs and paying for Sprite with food stamps. Poverty my ass.

You, being the self-absorbed ass you are, obviously don't.

Given the things I've seen that you obviously have not, you're probably right. And it's definitely not because I'm "self-absorbed."

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#26 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:10 AM

I'll stand by most of Beowulf's points.

Being a rather enthusiastic outdoorsman who enjoys rock climbing, backpacking, trail running, and mountaineering, I will take my nature over your lower poverty rate.

American cars work and fulfill their purpose as tools. I doubt too many of Revora's citizens live, as I do, in a predominately farming community where people actually do need to have big trucks and tractors. With the amount of cheap oil we keep shipping in from Canada and Mexico, who cares if they aren't as fuel-efficient as some Japanese cars?

Even in a debate this benign, our political differences surface, Matias. :) You want less poverty. I want the ignorant and unmotivated to starve and the talented to thrive off of their talent. While this is hardly the case in America, it does demonstrate that what you take as a good thing and what I take as a good thing can differ greatly in some areas. These areas are thus invalidated for the purposes of an unbiased determination.

Where is your Harvey Milk, your Martin Luther King Jr., your Theodore Roosevelt, your Gifford Pinchot? Yes, you've got your Charles de Gaulle and your Winston Churchill, but you've also got Hitler and Stalin under your belt (you knew somebody was going to pull the Hitler move sometime :lol:).

Incidentally, Matias, your definition of "less wars" seems to be a little different than mine. I had thought that the two most devastating wars in world history were centered around Europe...

Posted Image

#27 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,829 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:19 AM

You know. Most Americans aren't obese and you only hear about that because it's a scare tactic, or it's just anti-American bullshit. The statistics handed out generally seem to be from a limited study and do not represent the entire US. I see more healthy people around than I do really fat ones. I admit, I've seen some fat bastards before but shit, the ratio is not what the media says it is.

Living in Houston, I have to say I see more overweight people than "healthy" people :lol:
We are the fattest city in the US for a reason :)

Incidentally, Matias, your definition of "less wars" seems to be a little different than mine. I had thought that the two most devastating wars in world history were centered around Europe...

I think he was speaking of more recent times, post-WWII :lol:

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#28 Beowulf

Beowulf

Anime Girl

• Advisors
  • 7,217 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:54 AM

Living in Houston, I have to say I see more overweight people than "healthy" people :lol:
We are the fattest city in the US for a reason :)

So it is true. Everything really is bigger in Texas. xD

NZ.org | BBPCG
Steam

#29 Elvenlord

Elvenlord

Polis Ranger

• Advisors
  • 3,829 posts
  •  T3A Chamber Member

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:03 AM

Except IQ levels :lol:

Edited by Elvenlord, 25 June 2009 - 04:04 AM.

elvenlordbanner.jpg

#30 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:13 AM

I'll believe that. I've never met a Texan that I liked.

Then again, I've only ever met one Texan. :lol:

Posted Image

#31 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

I have returned, mostly out of boredom.

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:16 AM

I doubt too many of Revora's citizens live, as I do, in a predominately farming community where people actually do need to have big trucks and tractors.

Ooh, ooh, me! Pick me! I do!
It feels good to do that, since I don't need to set an example anymore :lol: Now, I'm almost glad I was fired :)

Hello everyone. I am back.

#32 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:22 AM

Hey, does Europe have 1 and 2 cents like America does? my mother just came back from a trip to America and was talking about how much of an inconvenience having 1 and 2 cents are... just do it how we do and have it round up/down to 5.

also, all of you settle down a notch, no need for name calling and stuff :lol:

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#33 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 8,879 posts
  • Projects:YouTube
  •  Actual Celebrity
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:14 AM

No Weird, Europe doesn't have any sense.

Thank you! Thank you ladies and gentlemen and goodnight!

YT_Sig.jpgoutput_Fkd6it.gifFB_Sig.jpg

#34 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:47 AM

Europe may have had a great many wars in the past, but America does seem to be doing its level best to catch up as fast as possible. Besides, we're not the ones who murdered 150'000 civilians in Hiroshima and the same again through radiation poisoning and mutations directly caused by the aftermath of the bombing, and half that again in Nagasaki. There were also about 5'000 American Japanese living in those two cities at the time. Way to salughter your own, America.

And yes, we do have small change. We call them pennies. But then, we're British and have a real currency, not some fake united shit cooked up for the EU. (I am thoroughly opposed to the idea of the euro as currency. Convenient, sure, but it has no soul. If I could, I'd revert to guineas, crowns, half-crowns, shillings, sixpences, tupenny bits, pennies, ha'pennies and farthings. Now that's a financial system!)

America might have muscle cars, but Europe has the real supercars. The Bugatti Veyron, fastest car in the world. German. The Aston Martin DB9, classiest car in the world. British. Rolls Royce: British. Jaguar: British. Lotus: British. McLaren: British. Lamborghini: Italian. Ferrari: Italian. Alfa Romeo: Italian. And what does America have? Ford, Chrysler, Chevrolet and General Motors. Besides, if we're really going to talk cars, Japan beats us all. Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Daimler (the guys who make hearses). Honda have also invented the only really environmentally viable car: the Honda Clarity. It runs on a hydrogen fuel cell and produces only water as a waste product. Whereas America wouldn't even sign the Kyoto Protocol.

At least the rest of the world cares what happens to the planet.

However, one thing I feel I ought to mention in favour of Texas: the only Texans I've met have all been extremely friendly people. It's like living in the north of England, where everybody knows their neighbours and gives you free pancakes every now and then. (That was a very good day. :lol:) But maybe that's just general small-town America, I'm not sure.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#35 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 25 June 2009 - 09:36 AM

Man, what did I start? :lol:
This is meant to a friendly competition, but carry on... :)
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#36 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

dead

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....
  •  Nubcake

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:11 AM

your all wrong, Australia is the best
Posted Image
:lol:

Due to severe boredom on the internets I have decided to come back bros

#37 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 25 June 2009 - 10:44 AM

I doubt too many of Revora's citizens live, as I do, in a predominately farming community where people actually do need to have big trucks and tractors.

Ooh, ooh, me! Pick me! I do!
It feels good to do that, since I don't need to set an example anymore :lol: Now, I'm almost glad I was fired :)

Sorry, couldn't miss this one. You stupid child. You never did set an example. I'm not suprised you were fired.

Continue...
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#38 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:04 AM

Everyone except for like 3 people who posted here are from the US, so how could we decide properly? Well... we can't. But I'll continue the thrashing.

Did you count me as from the US? I thought not. 1 more point for Europe. :lol:

I've been to Florida, and I've also been to Croatia. I liked Croatia more.
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#39 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:51 AM

And for good reason
Posted Image

And to show that Europe has modern stuff too

Posted Image
Berlin

Posted Image
This building in London. Me and my friends called it "The Rocket" when we were there.

Posted Image
Berlin again
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#40 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:17 PM

*Darn, was Diocletian's palace in Trogir or Split?* :lol:

Wherever it was, it was definitely a highlight for me. :)
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users