• 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:07 AM

In the U.S.A., we have better planes. Observe:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

You Europeans may think that your Eurofighter is just as good, if not better, but that's not true. To put it bluntly, your missiles couldn't lock onto our F-22

We also have gorgeous monuments such as this:
Posted Image

And our White House is just as nice as any European castle or palace. Observe:
Posted Image

Additionally, we gave birth to Sarah Chang, Michael Jackson, and peanut butter.

You guys also generated this guy:
Posted Image

Edited by CIL, 29 June 2009 - 01:15 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#82 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 29 June 2009 - 01:48 AM

@ CIL: I already pulled the Hitler one. You're late. :)

Better at rock? Psshh. We've got Elvis. Beat that!

Posted Image

#83 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:39 AM

Better at rock? Psshh. We've got Elvis. Beat that!

They did. The Beatles. /music argument

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#84 GodSun666

GodSun666

Marching Trough The Eternal Fields Of Chaos!

• Banned
  • 1,439 posts
  • Projects:Fast Fun And Crazy for Red Alert 3

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:17 AM

*COUGH* elvis had an DUTCH Manager.. *cough*
для матери Россия! Советский Союз победит! Америка может облизывать мои яйца
Posted Image
Posted Image

#85 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 29 June 2009 - 08:32 AM

The White House is nice, yes, but it doesn't beat the European originals that it was inspired by or just looks like.

Posted Image
Reichstag, Berlin

Posted Image
Buckingham Palace, London

Posted Image
Leinster House, Dublin

Posted Image
Chateau de Rastignac

Posted Image
Rome in general
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#86 olli

olli

Resident Pilot

• Project Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • Projects:Remix Escalation Top Quality Imaginer and Pro Tester. CnC Guild Gossip Whore
  •  Misanthropic Hulking Adonis

Posted 29 June 2009 - 11:02 AM

In the U.S.A., we have better planes.

You Europeans may think that your Eurofighter is just as good, if not better, but that's not true. To put it bluntly, your missiles couldn't lock onto our F-22

Oh yes.. Of course. Well I'm glad it's coming from an experienced fighter pilot such as your self. Thank god that statement wasn't just sheer ignorance...
Posted Image
CnC Guild - As ancient as time itself.
Do you like anything CnC releated? Then the CnC guild likes you! Go make friends with it.

Latest Remix Escalation on ModDB
Remix Escalation on Revora - Track the latest news and changes.

#87 Romanul

Romanul

title available

• Hosted
  • 2,461 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 12:44 PM

I still say it's sulphur, not sulfur :)

In Romanian it is sulfur ;)

Oh,look,United Statians speak Romanian! :spam:

#88 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:15 PM

In the U.S.A., we have better planes.

Oh yes.. Of course. Well I'm glad it's coming from an experienced fighter pilot such as your self. Thank god that statement wasn't just sheer ignorance...

I'm not a fantastic pilot or anything, but I know people who are and consulted with them about what they think is the best dogfighter of all-time. Eurofighter just can't compare to the F-22 according to them and my prior research.

Also, Boeing's planes are more reliable and more purchased than Airbus. Just look off the coast of Brazil to see what I mean.

@Vort- Concerning all those castles and things, they may be nice and resemble our White House, but we did 100% better in execution, in my opinion.

Edited by CIL, 29 June 2009 - 09:16 PM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#89 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:18 PM

In your opinion. Which, though I say so myself, is wrong. Also, that was 2playgames posting those pictures, not me.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#90 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 29 June 2009 - 09:19 PM

@ CIL: Well, your opinion sucks balls then.

Edited by Matias, 29 June 2009 - 09:19 PM.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#91 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 30 June 2009 - 11:38 PM

Oh, and Americans are basically a mixture of Europeans with added ingredients "weirdness" and "yuck" ;)
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#92 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:35 AM

We are the remnant of a broken continent obsessed with war. We fought ourselfs in the civil war because of the old European brutalities of slavery and the right side won. I'd say the "Yuck" comes from your end.

We are only barely 300 years old and yet we have arguments to match the rest of the world. Give us 300 more and we can't be matched. Just look at Japan. We bombed them and yet they are in love with American folk lure and traditions. I yet to see a Jap celebrating Guy Foxx day or wear Highwayman hats. Get over it; we're the iconic heroes of the modern day regime.

#93 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

Although the last sentence was a bit to patriotic, I have to say that you could just as well screw off with your Eurofighter, because the B-22 and JSF are of our making.

#94 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 05:48 PM

Actually, Pasidon, most of Europe rid themselves of slavery long before we did, so that's kind of a moot point. And I daresay most of the American influence in Japan is due to the fact that we've got military bases all over the place there, not that they like us or anything.

Posted Image

#95 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 06:12 PM

1807 is when Britain abolished slavery. Way to keep up, America. Anyway, we may have invented all these bad things such as organised crime and slavery, but it was America that kept them up and made them huge. The Italian and Sicilian Mafias were never a big part of society. They were just families who didn't bother with the law, but then they moved to America and began carving out massive chunks of cities and businesses for themselves. The USA is where everything goes to get bigger and more deadly.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#96 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:30 AM

The fact that you need to handicap a country against an entire continent already says enough about that one country.
Posted Image

#97 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:27 AM

We're not handicapping anything. We've just been pointing out America's flaws. The fact that there are so many you thought it was a deliberate handicap should tell you something about that country.

#98 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 02 July 2009 - 07:54 AM

Things do come here and get bigger, so what. The "Land of opportunity" gig does draw the best and the worst people.

Actually, Pasidon, most of Europe rid themselves of slavery long before we did, so that's kind of a moot point.

That being true, we didn't start it. America was the British colony at a point of time and we just followed the tradition from across the sea. My point being the eastern world started more evils than we have. There is the age issue, but still... alot of our down points in history can be blamed on Europe. They can blame some of their bad points on Asia though, so it all evens out I guess.

#99 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

Lets blame Africa! God-damned Africans. Without them, none of humanity's dark moments would have come around!

And incidentally, the whole continent vs country is kind of moot because America is huge enough that if it didn't have Canada and Mexico around it, North America would still be called a continent. Additionally, Europe really isn't a continent. It's just an overlarge peninsula sticking out of Eurasia. If the Chinese had had a bit more luck and had settled the New World before the Europeans, they'd probably have written the worldwide maps and Europe wouldn't be called a continent. China might be, though.

Posted Image

#100 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:27 PM

The fact that you need to handicap a country against an entire continent already says enough about that one country.

The only thing that it 'says' is that your country is large enough to be compared to the whole of our continent.

Additionally, Europe really isn't a continent. It's just an overlarge peninsula sticking out of Eurasia.

The flaw in your argument there is the word 'overlarge'. A continent is just a large landmass. Is Africa not a continent either? Actually, North America is an 'overlarge' peninsula of South America, and vice versa. Are Antartica and Oceania the only continents?

If the Chinese had had a bit more luck and had settled the New World before the Europeans, they'd probably have written the worldwide maps and Europe wouldn't be called a continent. China might be, though.

What? That's like saying the USA isn't an MEDC because if no one had colonised there, civilisation wouldn't have sprung up. We're living in the here-and-now, as Aldous Huxley would say.

Edited by Puppeteer, 02 July 2009 - 08:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users