Photo

A proposed course of action

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: My Idea

Would you support a purge of inactive RP's?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts
  • Projects:Lurking
  •  I'm a physician now. Scary, right?

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:10 AM

Well... as I'm certain, there are three inactive RP's around. I was thinking that, perhaps, we could purge them if the inactivity continues, as much as it irks me to do so, and begin to open up new RP's that are actually able to be posted in.

I'm not the admin of this division, as I'm sure everyone here knows, nor am I expecting much, but there is so much inactivity that somethings needs to be done. The inactive RP's are SpecOps, Worlds of War and Way of the Samurai. Apocalypse Dawn would be warned or something if activity doesn't increase.

I don't want to see the RP Frontier die with Nowe... which is the only reason why I am proposing something this obscenely drastic.

Edited by CIL, 24 June 2009 - 10:13 AM.

I'm creeping, not gone.

#2 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:34 AM

Don't worry about WoW... we're working on bringing it to life right now. :p
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#3 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:04 PM

I don't see why we can't at least consider the possibility. Once FZM has finished up with school he'll have some time to deal with this lot, I would assume. By the way, CIL, you misspelled 'impoverished' in your blue text.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#4 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:28 PM

I find that the RPG area here at Revora goes through cycles. This is part of one cycle.

About late August/early September, activity steps up. Activity stays decent throughout the winter, and then right about now it falls off again.

Trimming has worked in the past. I don't know if it's necessary this time around.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#5 True Lord of Chaos

True Lord of Chaos

I have returned, mostly out of boredom.

• Members
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

I'm trying to get Spectre/Durandel to start up the next mission in the chapter, but he never did, nor did he reply saying he didn't want to.

Hello everyone. I am back.

#6 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:09 AM

Seems more like its a cadence rather then a cycle. Slowly but surely it seems as if each time the little 'bursts' of activity happen, they are shorter or smaller then the previous.

Anyone else seem to think this?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image|Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:14 AM

I know that that's true for me, at least, SWG. I have a life. I didn't when I came here in '07. Thus, I have less time now and also feel less of an urge to put myself in fairy-tale land.

However, I really don't want WoW purged. It's the first RP I ever joined on Revora, and I think it'll keep going.

Edited by Rafv Nin IV, 25 June 2009 - 05:15 AM.

Posted Image

#8 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts
  • Projects:The Ziggurat generally, Apocalypse in particular.
  •  Refuses to be beaten by Vortigern.

Posted 27 June 2009 - 03:44 PM

I think I might do that at some point. As Vort says, I'll have much more time in a month or so so I'll probably give it until then.
I suspect an advertising campaign may also help. More posters are always good. Dunno how we might go about that though...start with telling people in other parts of Revora to come here I suppose, and anywhere else you feel the need.
Of course I don't look busy; I did it right the first time.
Ever stop to think and forget to start again?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#9 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:24 AM

If someone manages to get WoW back to life, I say keep it. I don't really want to see that many RP's being destroyed, but if we can replace them... well... it may not be a bad thing.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#10 Spectre

Spectre

Rampant AI

• Hosted
  • 1,240 posts
  • Projects:Worldbuilding
  •  The Undead

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:13 AM

I'm trying to get Spectre/Durandel to start up the next mission in the chapter, but he never did, nor did he reply saying he didn't want to.

I no longer want anything to do with such project, my word was not listened to and I have nothing more to do with it. No offense TLC, but the Spec Ops Rp is just not my style of RP, I was expecting more, but it didn't turn out that way. I step down from my position, and I know very well you can do it without me, I never did much anyways. I guess I just pulled it down to it's state it's in now.

I also know that only one mission has been told, the ending to the Missile Crisis is a cliff hanger and still needs to be done properly.

Back to the topic, the only thing I have to say is that if this butchering of the RPs shall continue, then let them die gracefully.

Edited by Spectre, 28 June 2009 - 06:14 AM.

#11 CIL

CIL

Ex-troll

• Members
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 05:32 AM

Spec Ops and Way of the Samurai need to be retired. They're too inactive. I also was expecting Spec Ops to be a bit more different... much like Durandel/Spectre. I don't think that either has warrented being allowed to live.
I'm creeping, not gone.

#12 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:00 PM

Spec Ops has been archived. Sorry guys, but nobody had even bothered posting in there for more than a month and a half. That's two weeks on top of standard archiving inactivity, so you've got no excuse. Way of the Samurai is still up, dependent on ThElderGod, who is currently on holiday at Disneyland and will return in a week. When he does we'll find out if he's got the time to run it now that's he a Department Admin.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#13 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 04:42 PM

Cheers Vort :p
You are a most reliable information gatherer and acter-thereupon.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.
FZM and Vort don't do tag wrestling...but if they did, they'd probably be the worst tag-wrestlers in the world.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#14 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 09:23 PM

When you say something has been archived, is it actually archived? Where does it go? Or is it just deleted--that's what I thought happened.

Posted Image

#15 some_weirdGuy

some_weirdGuy

title available

• Hosted
  • 4,080 posts
  •  Weird Guy of the Forums

Posted 09 July 2009 - 11:38 PM

Yeah, and can we look at the archives?
It might be interesting to browse through them (not replying or anything, they are archived for a reason after all)
Just see whats there, even take a trip down memory lane when it comes to some of them, and otherwise have a good ol' sticky beak :good:

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" -Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Posted Image

#16 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 06:47 AM

They are archived, and I could bring any of them back at any point. However, we can't view the archive. Not even Admins. I have no idea where it actually is.

#17 Fire Ze Missiles!

Fire Ze Missiles!

Lord High NukeMaster

• Members
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:12 PM

It's in an area called the Recycling Bin, which is at the very bottom of the whole Revora Forums page. It doesn't say that you guys can't see it so maybe you can. There should be a load of subfora in it containing deleted forums, but I can't see them so I guess that's only very senior staff, sorry.
However there is a topic in there for every single deleted post ever. For example, I just found an OOC post from Chapter 1 of Arsencia, by Copaman:

OOC-POST - I'll move it when some people have replied. Sorry for gumming up the thread, Vort:

So, pardon me for being so blunt, but WTF just happened? I thought I was supposed to be liaisoning Ash in here with some kind of showdown-of-rivals-mexican-standoff type of deal. Was that not what Ash and I had agreed on in his character application thread?

@ Ash: People godmod me more often than the others. Part of it is I don't really mind, part of it is that Tom is relatively easy to godmod. He does spinny-flippy stabs and breaks up fights because they annoy him. He doesn't say much and says even less when he is speaking.

@ Ravnin: Since when is Tom into bimbos? Booze, yes - he's drinking away his past. Blood, yes - he slaughters like it's his job, because it was his job. But bimbos... unless Theria works in the red light district...

Anyone else remember that post? So there you have it, that's the extent of the usefulness of the Recycling bin area to you :p
Posted ImagePosted Image
Oh for fuck's sake!

#18 {IRS}Athos

{IRS}Athos

Non Sequitur

• Members
  • 4,008 posts
  • Projects:Ex-Advisor
  •  Resident Shakespearean.

Posted 11 July 2009 - 02:21 PM

Now I kind of want to see that area even more... :p
BulletsfromaGunbanner_zps974f3ea8.png

Careful. This link is DANGEROUS. Do NOT click it. This one, however, is fine.

I had the meaning of life in my signature, but it exceeded the character limit.

#19 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 05:32 PM

I remember that post. I responded to it.

So, I imagine in this deleted post topic there must be a whole slew of posts by MadHQ and Caspa, because they were all deleted at the same time.

Posted Image

#20 Byakuya Kuchiki

Byakuya Kuchiki

Runs with Scissors

• Members
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 12:01 AM

Its not that only 'Senior staff can view it'

Its that it has 0 permissions...

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users