Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts
  • Projects:Workin'...
  •  ...like a workin' man do.
  • Division:Role-Playing Games
  • Job:Division Leader

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:21 PM

I'm curious. At the moment, sadly, nothing seems to be on. Seasons of everything have ended and will not be restarting until September, but come the autumn, there should be plenty. I am eagerly awaiting: Doctor Who, Being Human (both English), Dexter, Criminal Minds, How I Met Your Mother, Castle, Dollhouse, Psych and 30 Rock. (All American.)

I appreciate that last one is rather a gay choice, but it's also hilarious. What do you guys watch?
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#2 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts
  • Projects:RJ-RotWK
  •  Greedy capitalist and cynical bastard.

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

Me... Well... I used to watch SGA, but now that's cancelled and there's SGU coming, so I suppose I'll watch that. Also House, Heroes (which isn't anymore what it used to be, but it's still quite entertaining), South Park, some detectives (preferably the good ol' British ones, but the Americans are entertaining too), some stuff on Discovery (Mythbusters etc), and some anime when I'm bored.
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#3 Florisz

Florisz

The Young Reindeer

• Project Team
  • 2,322 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 03:53 PM

What's on TV that moment.
Posted Image

#4 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Division:Revora
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

24, Heroes, Lost, The Unit, The Apprentice, Smallville, Deadwood, Dexter (on hold), CSI NY (on hold), Gilmore Girls (parts when my sister is watching)

In the past:
- The 4400
- Las Vegas
- Knight Rider 2008/2009
- Prison Break
- Traveller
- Rome
- The O.C.

In the future:
- Band of Brothers
- Spooks
- Spy
- CSI
- CSI Miami
- Some other stuff I might watch (Scrubs, Stargate, Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Merlin, Gossip Girl, Dollhouse, Supernatural, One Tree Hill)
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#5 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:28 PM

Go watch Scrubs and Stargate, they're both very nice :p
It has been reported that some victims of rape, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being raped. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP

#6 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:45 PM

Ah yes, Scrubs, Prison Break and House I am well familiar with, they're just not among my anticipated favourites. I also have a detailed knowledge of all things Futurama. And to a lesser extent, The Simpsons and Family Guy. Never really got into South Park, though.
I hope I am a good enough writer that some day dwarves kill me and drink my blood for wisdom.

#7 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:13 PM

I used to watch the British comedy "My Hero" religiously until the star of the show decided to move on, the new actor sucked horribly, approval ratings fell, and the show went off the air.

I don't watch television anymore. Interestingly, I was the one who ended up having to fix the TV for the DTV conversion, and I'm the one who now gets blamed when channels don't come in so that other people can watch them.

Posted Image

#8 Beowulf

Beowulf

Shipgirl

• Advisors
  • 7,219 posts
  •  Azur Lane Fangirl

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:41 PM

Pretty much only care about the new season of House, Family Guy, American Dad and the distant new Futurama, and of course the new stuff TruTV sends out like Most Shocking, Most Daring and Operation Repo.

NZ.org | BBPCG
Discord: The Astronomer#1314
Steam

#9 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 08:18 AM

"My Hero" was hilarious back in the day. Ardal O'Hanlon and Hugh Dennis are always funny. On that note, look up some Mock The Week. It's a panel show with Hugh Dennis as one of the regulars, and it is honestly fantastic. It became a proving ground for new comedians in the later days, so it was just brilliant.

#10 Puppeteer

Puppeteer

title available

• Global Moderators
  • 2,947 posts
  •  Faute de Mieux
  • Division:Community
  • Job:Magazine Staff/Global Moderator

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

Try "Come Dine With Me". Fantastic narrator, good cooking and people bitch about each other after a glass of wine too many.

#11 Mathijs

Mathijs

Post-modern Shaman

• Network Leaders
  • 13,756 posts
  • Projects:Age of the Ring
  • Job:Leader

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:58 PM

The Office US.

No fuel left for the pilgrims

#12 Rafv Nin IV

Rafv Nin IV

Vermin of Revora

• Members
  • 1,224 posts
  • Projects:RPG Frontier

Posted 25 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

The Office really isn't that funny. At least, not in the absolutely hilarious make-you-laugh-so-hard-you-miss-the-rest-of-the-show funny, like "My Hero" was.

Incidentally, Mrs Raven was my favorite character. :lol:

Edited by Rafv Nin IV, 25 June 2009 - 03:35 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Vortigern

Vortigern

Sumquhat quisquis.

• Division Leaders
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:48 PM

Thinking about it, I would have guessed you'd like her. :p I've watched Come Dine With Me a fair few times actually, when I have nothing better to do. I like some of the recipes they come up with, because on the whole they're pretty fancy but not too complicated, and some of the people are hilarious. Especially the ones who don't realise they are. ^_^

#14 Bart

Bart

• Network Admins
  • 8,524 posts
  • Job:Network Leader

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:27 PM

Fawlty Towers!
bartvh | Join me, make your signature small!
Einstein: "We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

#15 segwayrulz

segwayrulz

title available

• Members
  • 788 posts
  • Projects:....

Posted 27 June 2009 - 07:59 AM

You probably havent heard of this but give the low budget Australian show 'summer heights high' a go. I outrated almost every other show in its timeslot.

#16 Copaman

Copaman

Ryan

• Project Team
  • 2,144 posts
  • Projects:Winning.
  •  Slowly becoming a Veteran

Posted 01 July 2009 - 03:22 AM

Pick up the box set of the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica. FRACKING good, man.

Posted Image

If you meet me:

Have some courtesy,

Have some sympathy,

And some taste.

Use all your well-learned politesse,

Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

#17 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 01 July 2009 - 08:46 AM

Pick up the box set of the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica. FRACKING good, man.

I hear it comes with a free limited edition Pokemon card. Sounds like a world of fun waiting in that box.

#18 Allathar

Allathar

これを翻訳する

• Project Team
  • 2,752 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 09:36 AM

Downloaded the pilot of the new BSG a while ago, still have to see it. Heard it's fracking good indeed.

#19 Canterbury

Canterbury

Master-at-Arms

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 July 2009 - 12:37 AM

Comedy: The Office (UK & US), American Dad, RENO 911, (The Simpsons and Family not so much anymore)

Drama: LOST, House

Food: Bizzard Foods & Anything with Chef Ramsey

Reality: American's Next Top Model

Sports: NBA, MLB, NFL

And an occasion flip to the History, Military, National Geographic, or Discovery channel to see what's on.
Posted Image

#20 Pasidon

Pasidon

Splitting Hares

• Network Admins
  • 9,126 posts
  • Projects:Writing Words With Letters
  •  I Help
  • Job:Community Admin

Posted 02 July 2009 - 08:13 AM

The Office (UK & US)